05-21-2016 12:27 PM
142 ... 23456
tools
    I agree and the Note 5 will eventually get Marshmallow. The Note 5 is a beast on 5.1.1. It's not the end of the world that we haven't received Marshmallow yet. If you want fast updates then buy a Nexus phone. I rather AT&T take their time and release a stable build like they have with every single Android update I have received from them.

Posted Via The AT&T Note 5
    Agreed. The Note 5 is probably my last device. I am going forward with Nexus device.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    03-23-2016 07:54 AM
    Agreed. The Note 5 is probably my last device. I am going forward with Nexus device.
    Not me i will get Note 6 International which those get the first updates and it's unlocked and rootable and works for AT&T network, once it's released.
    03-23-2016 07:56 AM
    I just upgraded to the GS7 and gave my wife my GS6. Any update on the AT&T Marshmallow release?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-25-2016 08:33 AM
    I just don't understand why people are going crazy over not receiving mm yet. It's not like the older days of Android where the update would be a huge overhaul.
    One big reason, is because the MM update fixes the bluetooth issue for many devices. I for one am ecstatic to use my bluetooth properly again.
    Someone has first world problems
    03-25-2016 09:32 AM
    Same here. Going Nexus after this one. Tired of waiting an eternity for latest Android OS.
    03-25-2016 10:51 AM
    One big reason, is because the MM update fixes the bluetooth issue for many devices. I for one am ecstatic to use my bluetooth properly again.
    Oh i did not know about the Bluetooth issue.
    03-25-2016 11:05 AM
    Oh i did not know about the Bluetooth issue.
    No Bluetooth issues with my Note 5 or for the many people I know that also own it on various carriers. People get a grip it's a software update lol. Life does go on SMH.

03-25-2016 04:53 PM
    Its not just a software update... its a major point in the conversation. Once the update comes out the entire discussion will change to how buggy it is, and how it has ruined their phone/battery/life/marriage. It has always been this way and thus it shall always be.

Every update goes through the same cycle, its like the first world update to the stages of grief.

Dreaming (hearing about how awesome it will be)
    Disbelief (doubitng it will ever be released fo this phone or carrier)
    Pacing (waiting for the release)
    Paranoia (its a conspiracy, they are purposely holding it back)
    Bloating (the release is late because of the carrier adding in their bloat)
    Time Shifting (chaning the date so that you can press "check for update" more than once a day)
    Jealousy (Seeing that other carriers have released it)
    Swearing (both cursing, and promising to change carriers/brands/device in order to never go through this again)
    Downloading (getting the update)
    Regretting (hearing about other people experiences and freaking out over "all the bugs")
    Repeat for the next update minor or major.
    03-25-2016 05:33 PM
    Its not just a software update... its a major point in the conversation. Once the update comes out the entire discussion will change to how buggy it is, and how it has ruined their phone/battery/life/marriage. It has always been this way and thus it shall always be.

Every update goes through the same cycle, its like the first world update to the stages of grief.

Time Shifting (chaning the date so that you can press "check for update" more than once a day)
    Swearing (both cursing, and promising to change carriers/brands/device in order to never go through this again)
    Regretting (hearing about other people experiences and freaking out over "all the bugs")
    I have yet to receive one buggy Android update from AT&T. I'm glad they take their sweet time and release stable builds. I also always clear my cache and factory reset my phone after the update. But it seems people rather complain about how it ruined their phone then to take the time to factory reset their phone.

03-25-2016 07:01 PM
    I have yet to receive one buggy Android update from AT&T. I'm glad they take their sweet time and release stable builds. I also always clear my cache and factory reset my phone after the update. But it seems people rather complain about how it ruined their phone then to take the time to factory reset their phone.

Unlike another major phone manufacturer/software designer that released a major operating system that bricked an entire line of phones since they seemed to have neglected to test it on them.

03-25-2016 08:22 PM

That is exactly what happens. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    03-25-2016 08:36 PM
    So do we want to speculate when this update will come ?
    03-25-2016 09:20 PM
    So do we want to speculate when this update will come ?
    I'll start....May -June.
    03-25-2016 09:35 PM
    April or May.

03-26-2016 07:37 AM
    Not today... :-D
    03-26-2016 08:41 AM
    Last 3 years the note series on AT&T received its update the 1st week of April.
    bassplayrguy and bmetelsky like this.
    03-26-2016 09:23 AM
    I speculate yesterday
    03-26-2016 01:27 PM
    I know that I have a Galaxy S5 its old but still would like to get Marshmallow. Since AT&T locked the bootloader this is the least they could do for us. I might even buy an unlocked new S7 outright with no particular service. Getting tired of AT&T shenanigans.
    04-04-2016 04:50 PM
    I have not seen the marshmallow update at all

04-04-2016 06:34 PM
    I have not seen the marshmallow update at all

Like i said probably in July, but i could be wrong, so till then I'll keep using my S7 Edge.
    04-04-2016 06:41 PM
    I'm just curious why everyone is in a rush to get this new software update!! As much as you Guys complain on the wait you'll soon be complaining about the update...
    H3aTeRzz and sweetypie31 like this.
    04-04-2016 08:27 PM
    I can't tell you how many tech support tips I've offered on those having issues since that update. I have my software update, disabled in package disabler Pro, don't want it until they get all the bugs worked out. My 5.1.1 is working just fine.
    04-04-2016 11:06 PM
    I can't tell you how many tech support tips I've offered on those having issues since that update. I have my software update, disabled in package disabler Pro, don't want it until they get all the bugs worked out. My 5.1.1 is working just fine.
    Ooh never thought of that. Good plan. Waiting for the update too and will do what you said.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    04-05-2016 07:38 AM
    One of the big reasons to want the update is that people have been having Bluetooth issues. I want it because I want to finally factory reset my phone. But I don't want to factory reset twice

From my ATT Note 5 paired with my larger Asus Zenwatch 2
    Tayloj92 likes this.
    04-05-2016 08:22 AM
    One of the big reasons to want the update is that people have been having Bluetooth issues. I want it because I want to finally factory reset my phone. But I don't want to factory reset twice

From my ATT Note 5 paired with my larger Asus Zenwatch 2
    I want DOZE.
    04-05-2016 11:46 AM
142 ... 23456