05-21-2016 12:27 PM
142 ... 3456
tools
    One of the big reasons to want the update is that people have been having Bluetooth issues. I want it because I want to finally factory reset my phone. But I don't want to factory reset twice

From my ATT Note 5 paired with my larger Asus Zenwatch 2
    I just would like regular security updates, untill March I hadn't gotten one since December.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-05-2016 05:35 PM
    Doze

04-06-2016 06:21 AM
    Almost May 1st.......
    04-30-2016 11:25 PM
    05-01-2016 12:19 AM
    And yet another month with no Marshmallow.

05-01-2016 03:14 PM
    I feel so left out. My friends have had marshmallow for a long time (on Verizon and Sprint)

From my AT&T Note 5 paired with my larger Asus Zenwatch 2
    05-02-2016 05:19 PM
    I feel so left out. My friends have had marshmallow for a long time (on Verizon and Sprint)

For that reason I will be leaving AT&T after my contract is up. They have treated me and other customers like idiots instead of leveling with us. There really is no excuse for us at AT&T not having MM. It is clear that AT&T is more interested in selling new devices instead of supporting those they sell. After purchase support at AT&T is non-existant.
    05-03-2016 01:52 AM
    That's why I'm going the carrier free unlocked route once I pay off my Note 5.

05-03-2016 02:15 AM
    To leave a company just because you didn't receive mm? Now I have seen everything.
    Rainmarie likes this.
    05-03-2016 03:40 AM
    To leave a company just because you didn't receive mm? Now I have seen everything.
    Not sure what's wrong with leaving a carrier because they drag their feet. You are paying for service which includes updates. Att charges way too much money to be dead last with updates. They are in competition with other carriers that provide faster updates. Makes sense to leave if your not happy. If more people did it would send a message.

05-03-2016 06:03 AM
    I don't have sent issues with their services
    05-03-2016 07:47 AM
    When other carriers get an update for practically the same phone it is a valid reason plus when you pay your hard earned money on phone and service just to get crapped on.

05-03-2016 07:56 AM
    Since att had the beta test I never would have expected to need to wait this long. Should have gotten a Nexus 6p.

05-03-2016 08:19 AM
    Not sure what's wrong with leaving a carrier because they drag their feet. You are paying for service which includes updates. Att charges way too much money to be dead last with updates. They are in competition with other carriers that provide faster updates. Makes sense to leave if your not happy. If more people did it would send a message.

This is particularly valid because AT&T's rates are higher than Sprint or T-Mobile for the same plans. With that extra cost you damn well better be 1st in line for updates. The problem is the culture at AT&T. I think deep down they believe that they are to big to fail. I believe that only way to send a message and get change at AT&T is for customers to leave them in droves. If customers boycotted them the same way that people are boycotting Target their stock price will plummet and this will tick off stockholders and they would be forced to change for the survival of the company.
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    05-03-2016 08:27 AM
    I agree. This is unacceptable since all others (sprint, Verizon, t-mobile) has already release the upgrade.

bassplayrguy likes this.
    05-03-2016 09:26 AM
    So you want spotty service (Sprint, T-Mobile) and just as high cost with Verizon not to mention all have horrible customer service and how they will bill you incorrectly. I have been yelled at when I was with Sprint, as I confronted them for changing my plan without telling me. With Verizon, I was told that i could upgrade, but they lied and made me feel like a second class citizen for asking then why they would do that. With AT&T, they are very nice, listening and not interrupting. For the first few month's they emailed me a video explaining my bill and that helped a lot. AT&T takes care of their customers unlike the rest out there. And they don't accuse you of things you didn't do.
    bassplayrguy and Rainmarie like this.
    05-03-2016 09:41 AM
    I haven't say they (at&t) are the worst out there. I come from sprint as well. But you've got to agree with me that something is going on with all Samsung phones on AT&T lately!. It's not only the note 5, but all the Galaxy line. And please, don't came out saying that is Samsung's fault. Because is ONLY on AT&T this is happening!.

05-03-2016 10:03 AM
    All I am saying is that I don't care if they upgrade my phone as I get pretty much great service with a great phone that actually works.
    kway_NY likes this.
    05-03-2016 10:11 AM
    It's not a question of leaving a company because of late updates; if I invested that much money on a phone I expect the best
    05-03-2016 08:03 PM
    Yeah but you gotta admit that this is getting a little ridiculous. How many months has it been since other carriers got the update?

05-03-2016 08:09 PM
    What getting ridiculous is that you want AT&T rush or an update that may break a great working phone.
    05-03-2016 08:35 PM
    Not sure what the holdup is. I've had the MM beta since it was released in early February ,and it works perfectly. Includes all the bloatware too.
    05-04-2016 07:51 AM
    I'm thinking that they want to push the s7 and s7 edge....
    05-04-2016 12:21 PM
    Everyone is entitled to spend their money how they please. You don't care for updates so therefore you would never leave for this reason. For others this may be important and they have other options in their market so... As they say ... Best to vote with your wallet! .

So you want spotty service (Sprint, T-Mobile) and just as high cost with Verizon not to mention all have horrible customer service and how they will bill you incorrectly. I have been yelled at when I was with Sprint, as I confronted them for changing my plan without telling me. With Verizon, I was told that i could upgrade, but they lied and made me feel like a second class citizen for asking then why they would do that. With AT&T, they are very nice, listening and not interrupting. For the first few month's they emailed me a video explaining my bill and that helped a lot. AT&T takes care of their customers unlike the rest out there. And they don't accuse you of things you didn't do.
    Well a couple things here. Sprint / T-Mobile aren't always spotty. It really depends where you live / travel / work / play / etc etc. In your area they could be horrendous but that doesn't make them horrendous where I live or where someone else lives. Carriers are location, location, location.

Also customer service is always different (especially at stores) for carriers. I have been on all 4 carriers and only Sprint gave me a hard time on some things. Verizon was very nice, AT&T was very nice, and T-Mobile is very nice. Does this discount your experience? Definitely not ... but you shouldn't discount others simply because you had a few bad run ins thinking everyone is in the same boat.

All I am saying is that I don't care if they upgrade my phone as I get pretty much great service with a great phone that actually works.
    That is great that your phone works .. and with MM it could work as well. No one really knows except the beta testers for the AT&T version. We will officially know once they get the update in the hands of everyone.
    05-04-2016 02:08 PM
    Just to put things in perspective here. If you're in this forum, you can probably classify yourself as a tech enthusiast. Enthusiast meaning that you read about all things android, tinker with your device to get the best performance, root, and desire to find out what's coming next. We're most likely a small group of subscribers that will reach out to ATT tech support and ask, "What's the hold up?" If the average Joes started calling in and asking for an update, then it would probably become a priority. I think NEW lines of service and NEW device sales will always be ATT's priority as it brings new customers on board and keeps existing ones committed. If you're under an agreement, or long time customer, the chances of your voice being heard about the MM Update on the Note 5 or (S6 Active in my case) are pretty slim.

I've been checking every week since January for news on the MM for the S6 Active. I'm finally at the point where I am no longer excited about updating to the latest version of Android as "N" is right around the corner. I think that the last thing ATT wants to do is to release an update that isn't 100% ready and could ruin some people's phones.
    05-05-2016 12:21 PM
142 ... 3456