AT&T Marshmallow release possible for 3-11-16

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: AT&T Marshmallow release possible for 3-11-16

One big reason, is because the MM update fixes the bluetooth issue for many devices. I for one am ecstatic to use my bluetooth properly again.

Oh i did not know about the Bluetooth issue.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Oh i did not know about the Bluetooth issue.

No Bluetooth issues with my Note 5 or for the many people I know that also own it on various carriers. People get a grip it's a software update lol. Life does go on SMH.

Posted Via The AT&T Note 5

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Its not just a software update... its a major point in the conversation. Once the update comes out the entire discussion will change to how buggy it is, and how it has ruined their phone/battery/life/marriage. It has always been this way and thus it shall always be.

Every update goes through the same cycle, its like the first world update to the stages of grief.

Dreaming (hearing about how awesome it will be)
Disbelief (doubitng it will ever be released fo this phone or carrier)
Pacing (waiting for the release)
Paranoia (its a conspiracy, they are purposely holding it back)
Bloating (the release is late because of the carrier adding in their bloat)
Time Shifting (chaning the date so that you can press "check for update" more than once a day)
Jealousy (Seeing that other carriers have released it)
Swearing (both cursing, and promising to change carriers/brands/device in order to never go through this again)
Downloading (getting the update)
Regretting (hearing about other people experiences and freaking out over "all the bugs")
Repeat for the next update minor or major.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Its not just a software update... its a major point in the conversation. Once the update comes out the entire discussion will change to how buggy it is, and how it has ruined their phone/battery/life/marriage. It has always been this way and thus it shall always be.

Every update goes through the same cycle, its like the first world update to the stages of grief.

Time Shifting (chaning the date so that you can press "check for update" more than once a day)
Swearing (both cursing, and promising to change carriers/brands/device in order to never go through this again)
Regretting (hearing about other people experiences and freaking out over "all the bugs")

I have yet to receive one buggy Android update from AT&T. I'm glad they take their sweet time and release stable builds. I also always clear my cache and factory reset my phone after the update. But it seems people rather complain about how it ruined their phone then to take the time to factory reset their phone.

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I have yet to receive one buggy Android update from AT&T. I'm glad they take their sweet time and release stable builds. I also always clear my cache and factory reset my phone after the update. But it seems people rather complain about how it ruined their phone then to take the time to factory reset their phone.

Unlike another major phone manufacturer/software designer that released a major operating system that bricked an entire line of phones since they seemed to have neglected to test it on them.

Posted via the Android Central App

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

That is exactly what happens. 😂😂

jackja25

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I know that I have a Galaxy S5 its old but still would like to get Marshmallow. Since AT&T locked the bootloader this is the least they could do for us. I might even buy an unlocked new S7 outright with no particular service. Getting tired of AT&T shenanigans.

louee6

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm just curious why everyone is in a rush to get this new software update!! As much as you Guys complain on the wait you'll soon be complaining about the update...

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

I can't tell you how many tech support tips I've offered on those having issues since that update. I have my software update, disabled in package disabler Pro, don't want it until they get all the bugs worked out. My 5.1.1 is working just fine.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

I can't tell you how many tech support tips I've offered on those having issues since that update. I have my software update, disabled in package disabler Pro, don't want it until they get all the bugs worked out. My 5.1.1 is working just fine.

Ooh never thought of that. Good plan. Waiting for the update too and will do what you said.

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
One of the big reasons to want the update is that people have been having Bluetooth issues. I want it because I want to finally factory reset my phone. But I don't want to factory reset twice

From my ATT Note 5 paired with my larger Asus Zenwatch 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463