AT&T Marshmallow release possible for 3-11-16

Tayloj92

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
One of the big reasons to want the update is that people have been having Bluetooth issues. I want it because I want to finally factory reset my phone. But I don't want to factory reset twice

From my ATT Note 5 paired with my larger Asus Zenwatch 2

I just would like regular security updates, untill March I hadn't gotten one since December.

Posted via the Android Central App

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I feel so left out. My friends have had marshmallow for a long time (on Verizon and Sprint)

From my AT&T Note 5 paired with my larger Asus Zenwatch 2

bovineman61

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I feel so left out. My friends have had marshmallow for a long time (on Verizon and Sprint)

For that reason I will be leaving AT&T after my contract is up. They have treated me and other customers like idiots instead of leveling with us. There really is no excuse for us at AT&T not having MM. It is clear that AT&T is more interested in selling new devices instead of supporting those they sell. After purchase support at AT&T is non-existant.

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
To leave a company just because you didn't receive mm? Now I have seen everything.
Not sure what's wrong with leaving a carrier because they drag their feet. You are paying for service which includes updates. Att charges way too much money to be dead last with updates. They are in competition with other carriers that provide faster updates. Makes sense to leave if your not happy. If more people did it would send a message.

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
To leave a company just because you didn't receive mm? Now I have seen everything.

When other carriers get an update for practically the same phone it is a valid reason plus when you pay your hard earned money on phone and service just to get crapped on.

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Since att had the beta test I never would have expected to need to wait this long. Should have gotten a Nexus 6p.

bovineman61

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Not sure what's wrong with leaving a carrier because they drag their feet. You are paying for service which includes updates. Att charges way too much money to be dead last with updates. They are in competition with other carriers that provide faster updates. Makes sense to leave if your not happy. If more people did it would send a message.

This is particularly valid because AT&T's rates are higher than Sprint or T-Mobile for the same plans. With that extra cost you damn well better be 1st in line for updates. The problem is the culture at AT&T. I think deep down they believe that they are to big to fail. I believe that only way to send a message and get change at AT&T is for customers to leave them in droves. If customers boycotted them the same way that people are boycotting Target their stock price will plummet and this will tick off stockholders and they would be forced to change for the survival of the company.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: AT&T Marshmallow release possible for 3-11-16

So you want spotty service (Sprint, T-Mobile) and just as high cost with Verizon not to mention all have horrible customer service and how they will bill you incorrectly. I have been yelled at when I was with Sprint, as I confronted them for changing my plan without telling me. With Verizon, I was told that i could upgrade, but they lied and made me feel like a second class citizen for asking then why they would do that. With AT&T, they are very nice, listening and not interrupting. For the first few month's they emailed me a video explaining my bill and that helped a lot. AT&T takes care of their customers unlike the rest out there. And they don't accuse you of things you didn't do.

yvonne2009

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
I haven't say they (at&t) are the worst out there. I come from sprint as well. But you've got to agree with me that something is going on with all Samsung phones on AT&T lately!. It's not only the note 5, but all the Galaxy line. And please, don't came out saying that is Samsung's fault. Because is ONLY on AT&T this is happening!.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
All I am saying is that I don't care if they upgrade my phone as I get pretty much great service with a great phone that actually works.

Tizo14

May 3, 2013
Visit site
It's not a question of leaving a company because of late updates; if I invested that much money on a phone I expect the best

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Yeah but you gotta admit that this is getting a little ridiculous. How many months has it been since other carriers got the update?