This has been bothering me and I can't seem to get past it. If I take a picture with the front facing camera, it seems to smooth out faces. They look fake. I have the beauty features all set to zero. I hate those settings. I take the same picture with my 6s Plus and people look very natural. I like the wider shot on the Note 5, but the faces look smoothed out. No issues like that on the rear camera. The note 5 consistently takes great pictures in almost all situations.

Anyone else notice this or have a solution?
    03-12-2016 02:45 PM
    On the Note 5 the beauty feature is an extra download. Maybe remove it?

I have it on mine because I like it for the reasons you don't.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    03-12-2016 06:30 PM
    On the Note 5 the beauty feature is an extra download. Maybe remove it?

I have it on mine because I like it for the reasons you don't.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    The beauty feature was not an extra download for me but I did turn it all the way to zero. I've been reading and it seems to just be the way Samsung handles processing. It's been an "issue" since the S5. I just never noticed so much on my previous Note 2, 3 and 4. I've just never liked the beauty feature smoothing out faces. They look fake to me.

I don't think I would have noticed it so much if I had not been using the iPhone for so long. For better or worse the front camera is accurate on the 6s Plus. Everything else about the camera is better on the Note 5. I'll get over it. Lol. Thanks for commenting and trying to help.
    03-13-2016 09:18 AM
    That's interesting that yours isn't a download. I have the tmobile usa note 5. What phone do you have? Also I'm not on Marshmellow yet, are you?

Here's a shot of 2 of my camera options and it shows the beauty as a download.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    Attached Thumbnails Front facing camera-smartselectimage_2016-03-13-11-37-56.jpg  
    03-13-2016 12:38 PM
    This has been bothering me and I can't seem to get past it. If I take a picture with the front facing camera, it seems to smooth out faces. They look fake. I have the beauty features all set to zero. I hate those settings. I take the same picture with my 6s Plus and people look very natural. I like the wider shot on the Note 5, but the faces look smoothed out. No issues like that on the rear camera. The note 5 consistently takes great pictures in almost all situations.

Anyone else notice this or have a solution?
    Thanks for pointing this out. I very rarely use the front camera so hadn't noticed that Beauty Face is now baked into the front camera. Interestingly you still have to download Beauty Face to use it on the rear camera. My guess is that Samsung had feedback regarding the Beauty Face feature on selfies and incorporated those into the current version of the camera.
    03-13-2016 01:47 PM
    That's interesting that yours isn't a download. I have the tmobile usa note 5. What phone do you have? Also I'm not on Marshmellow yet, are you?

Here's a shot of 2 of my camera options and it shows the beauty as a download.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    I'm on Verizon. I am on Marshmallow. I believe it is a download for the rear facing camera. It's baked into the the front camera. At least that's how it is on mine. Maybe people like that look and that's why they added it for selfies. Maybe I'm the weird one.
    03-13-2016 01:52 PM
    I'm on Verizon. I am on Marshmallow. I believe it is a download for the rear facing camera. It's baked into the the front camera. At least that's how it is on mine. Maybe people like that look and that's why they added it for selfies. Maybe I'm the weird one.
    I'm not in Marshmellow yet. I checked they're extras and there's also a separate one for the rear. Maybe Marshmellow changed it.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    Attached Thumbnails Front facing camera-4616.jpg  
    04-09-2016 02:00 PM
    I'm not in Marshmellow yet. I checked they're extras and there's also a separate one for the rear. Maybe Marshmellow changed it.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    That could be. I've gotten over it. I think it's the only complaint that I have so i will happily deal with it.

That sucks that you are not on marshmallow yet though. I'm really liking this update. I have had zero issues and even better battery life. I wasn't complaining before the update though either.
    04-09-2016 02:07 PM
    That could be. I've gotten over it. I think it's the only complaint that I have so i will happily deal with it.

That sucks that you are not on marshmallow yet though. I'm really liking this update. I have had zero issues and even better battery life. I wasn't complaining before the update though either.
    Maybe do a screen shot of your modes and someone else might know.

I'm on tmobile. It's taking a while to get it.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    04-09-2016 02:35 PM