What is the Best factory unlocked model Note 5 for AT&T? I plan on buying one from either b&hphotovideo.com, Best Buy or Amazon. Any issues with buying an unlocked Note 5? Such as updates?
    03-13-2016 10:07 AM
    I am just not sure which is the best model n920c, n920g, or n920i
    03-13-2016 10:49 AM
    From what I read on xda, the one that has the most bands is the Chinese one, which is the 9200 model.

Having said that, the best way to determine this is to Google which LTE bands are supported by each variant, and then which LTE bands AT&T and, and pick the one with the most in common.

Also note that with most of the international variants, the phone will say you're on 4G when you're on US LTE networks, and H+ when you're on US 4G networks. It will never say LTE, but if you run speedtest on it when it's showing 4G next to another AT&T branded phone showing LTE, you'll see comparable signals.

In addition, US phones show a higher number of bars for regular signal strength than their international counterparts when their signal strengths are identical.

Hope that helps.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-13-2016 02:20 PM
    I'm in the same boat looking to buy my first unlocked phone where is a good place to buy it and what version?
    04-06-2016 02:49 PM
    I went with the N920i. I am on AT&T and it seems to be just fine -- plenty fast and good signal as long as I stay out of the occasional dead zone.

As for updates, while not the expert here, my understanding is that you get the updates from AT&T OTA only if you are on a branded AT&T phone. On an international/offshore version, you will have to check on sites like SamMobile to look for update releases for your specific model and kernel/software version.

Plenty happy with my N920i. Good luck.
    04-07-2016 11:10 AM
    I went with the N920i. I am on AT&T and it seems to be just fine -- plenty fast and good signal as long as I stay out of the occasional dead zone.

As for updates, while not the expert here, my understanding is that you get the updates from AT&T OTA only if you are on a branded AT&T phone. On an international/offshore version, you will have to check on sites like SamMobile to look for update releases for your specific model and kernel/software version.

Plenty happy with my N920i. Good luck.
    When I had the 920F, or whatever the code was for the regular S6 Edge, but from Europe, I did receive OTA updates once the European variant got them. I didn't have to manually do it from Sammobile.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-07-2016 11:33 AM
    I have the N920C version, international factory unlocked phone. Bought it from dubai 4 months ago.
    I've received by OTA the new MM 6.0.1
    3 weeks ago.
    Everything is working perfect.
    No problems, no complains.
    I do not live in the USA and I cannot understand why carriers put their logo and print the name of the phone on the back of the devices!! I found this infuriating and I personally would never buy such a phone.
    So, only unbranded mobile phones for me!

Posted via my Note5 Silver titanium
    04-07-2016 03:32 PM
    I have the SM-N920i on ATT gets LTE fast and have no issues.
    04-07-2016 03:47 PM