03-17-2016 06:01 AM
51 123
tools
    Well I'd hope that the S7 Edge is faster and has a better battery than the Note 5. Considering the Edge is 8 months newer and has a higher mAh battery.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-15-2016 12:38 AM
    Personally I think it's a downgrade. S7 is just a more completed version of S6 with almost no further innovation. In terms of functionality, Note 5 is still the king!
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    03-15-2016 05:20 AM
    Two different animals.

The s7 is great, bought one on release day and set it up for a friend, while its nice and the battery is the same size as the note5, i for one wouldnt give up my note5 for it. I have 6.0.1 now on my note5 and its still awesome. Im an spen user though, so i am waiting on the note6.

The s7 would be fine if you dont care about the spen. The s7 edge isn't an option because there really aren't cases that truly protect the screen, and while i baby my phones they have been known to take a tumble.

Like mentioned before, the s series and the note series were never meant to be compared, they are two different machines for two different types of people.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    03-15-2016 05:36 AM
    It might be a downgrade for the people who actually use S-Pen and its functionality to get their job done. Of course S7 has a smaller screen, but I feel like 5.1" is not that bad. So I guess it won't make much of a difference IMO.
    03-15-2016 06:01 AM
    I thought the original question was clear. ..the S7 and NOT the S7 edge was in question...maybe I missed something

03-15-2016 08:24 AM
    I thought the original question was clear. ..the S7 and NOT the S7 edge was in question...maybe I missed something

Correct. I don't care about the S7 edge. I'm asking about the S7 compared to the Note 5.
    Gray Area likes this.
    03-15-2016 11:29 AM
    Here's the side by side between the two:

Attachment 220165
    So what phone did you use to take this picture? ☺
    03-15-2016 04:19 PM
    If you have the Note 5 now and contemplating the S7, I say wait until the Note 6 is revealed then make your decision. Plus you might even save a few bucks on the S7 if that's the route you decide to go. If Sammy brought the SD storage back for the S line, you can bet the Note will have it as well.

Just my two cents but it's ultimately your call.
    03-15-2016 05:35 PM
    Oh my apologies for missing that it was the S7 in question not the S7 Edge. Pretty much the same phone, the S7 is just slightly smaller and doesnt have the Edge screen. My points still stand with the S7/S7 Edge vs Note 5.
    03-15-2016 06:55 PM
    If you have the Note 5 now and contemplating the S7, I say wait until the Note 6 is revealed then make your decision. Plus you might even save a few bucks on the S7 if that's the route you decide to go. If Sammy brought the SD storage back for the S line, you can bet the Note will have it as well.

Just my two cents but it's ultimately your call.
    So I probably would be wasting my money on an S7 right now.
    03-15-2016 11:45 PM
    So what phone did you use to take this picture? ☺
    It was on an iPhone 6S.
    Gray Area likes this.
    03-16-2016 01:11 AM
    I guess it really depends on your preference.
    I was an avid S series myself until the Note 5 came out. Although, the IP68 rating and the SD card slot for the S7 does make me think twice, I think I'll just wait for the Note 6 to come out. Judging from the trend, it might be IP68 as well as having an SD card slot. Who knows, maybe it will have adoptable storage which lacks in the S7.
    03-16-2016 01:28 AM
    I doubt the Note 6 will be water resistant, with the S-Pen and all.

03-16-2016 04:27 AM
    Personal opinion: S7 will be a downgrade.

03-16-2016 04:32 AM
    They have a different target audience. Neither is a downgrade from the other. Although the S7 does carry an SD card slot and a larger battery.

like MMA? Follow @mbsodds on Instagram and Twitter for mma picks.
    The s7 has the same battery as the note5, however, with a smaller screen and the snapdragon (in u s) it really should last longer than the note5. So far the s7 i bought for a friend is getting better battery life than my verizon note5 on mm.

As much as i am impressed with the s7, im a note guy, so i dont mind waiting to see what the note6 will be. The wait is killing me now though lol.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!
    03-16-2016 09:35 AM
    Wow dude, definitely far from being smaller than a Note 5. They are almost the same size screen. .2 difference is barely noticeable. What you are noticing is the size of the phone itself is much more compact than the Note 5. The design is much better.
    .2 is actually very noticeable.

03-16-2016 10:23 AM
    Is there a forum or place where people buy and sell used phones? Looking for a Note 5 possibly. My Moto Droid Turbo just Sux. Still have 7 months left on my Verizon contract.
    03-16-2016 02:19 PM
    I looked at it briefly at walmart today. It was beside an S6 and looked very similar in size to it. I took out my Note 5 and with the otterbox defender it's massive compared to the s7. The screen is noticeably smaller too. I'm still torn on it. Overall would I be more productive with the Note 5? Also Tmobile would give me only $250 trade in for Note 5. Would it be better to just stick with it or maybe keep the Note 5 and buy the S7? Would I noticed a big difference in camera, professor speed with the S7 compared to the Note?
    03-16-2016 03:37 PM
    So I probably would be wasting my money on an S7 right now.
    Well, that's something you have to decide. I was only saying if you're using the Note now it may be worth the wait to see what the Note 6 will bring to the table.
    03-16-2016 08:28 PM
    Why would you say that?
    Productivity with Spen, S-note and other things like writing on pages and screen shots is out of the league compared to any other phones. By the way am with hardcore networking background and note series just does the job.

03-16-2016 08:49 PM
    Is there a forum or place where people buy and sell used phones? Looking for a Note 5 possibly. My Moto Droid Turbo just Sux. Still have 7 months left on my Verizon contract.
    Take a look at Swappa.com. I would say it's a buyers market right now with the Note 5. You can probably get a good deal on a nice one.
    03-16-2016 09:15 PM
    I bought a Note 5 in January and could not wait for the S7 Edge to come out. I bought the S7 Edge and now I am using the S7 Edge as my daily phone. I left the Note 5 home for the first time last week when I went to work and used the S7 Edge.

I don't miss anything about the Note 5 other then the battery life and I rarely used the S Pen. Their are only small differences in the sizes of the displays very similar to the differences between last years Note 5 and Note Edge. The Note Edge display was just a bit smaller as well.

I'm still keeping both phones
    You got better battery life in Note 5 than edge 7?

I still have note 3 so both phones look great to me but with bigger battery I thought battery life would be a big edge for the new edge!

I'm chicken to buy a second hand note 5 with no warranty but if Sammy discounted a brand new n5 64gb model I would be all over it. If not I'm leaning toward edge 7. It feels more comfortable in my hand and has a better low light camera. I almost purchased a silver edge 7 at Best Buy today. It had just been returned supposedly for a different color and they would take $50 off. I wandered the mall for a while but decided there was too high a chance it was a defective phone. I mean who returns a brand new phone and pays a restocking fee just to get a different color?
    03-16-2016 09:21 PM
    Here's the side by side between the two:

Attachment 220165
    With the Bottom of the screen level. The screen is about the same height . Mayby 1/8 higher and wider on the note 5.
    That is not a lot. I Like the extra room in the screen of the Note 5.
    The note 5 has 3000 ah battery.
    The S7 Edge has a 3600 ah battery.
    Its according to what you like the best in the 2 phones.

Decisions are tough when new things comes out.
    Watch me when the Note 6 comes out in 5 months.
    I may go get it too. And see if my Wife wants my new S7 Edge.
    03-16-2016 09:28 PM
    I should also add I have a Galaxy tab s2 already so it's not as huge of a loss because I have the tablet I can take places with me. Again would I see a performance difference between the two phones or is it so minimal? I mean mainly speed wise.
    03-17-2016 01:16 AM
    I have the note 5, misus had the s5, got the s7, she loves it... I'm toying around with it and I'm disappointed. Then i realised I've had my note 5 for 6 months so what was i expecting? Marshmallow to save the world? Not much there.. battery life? Wouldn't notice, i get home and pop my phone on fast charge during dinner. SD card? Never bothered me. Spen on the note don't care. Waterproofing, great, i have phone insurance so if it accidentally happens all good, but I don't plan on taking my phone into water.. Note 5 to S7 is a side step with a smaller screen if your note 5 does everything you want.

Quick edit, i also prefer the more squared look of the note 5 vs the s7 not that it makes much difference to anything else
    03-17-2016 02:16 AM
51 123