OK Google says "offline"

staceylee

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
i been having issues for a week....i uninstalled and reinstalled....same thing over and over. So I signed out of goolge completely, then signed back in and TADAAAAAAAAAAA it is now working! so if you been having issues with this ok google saying you are offline, try that sign out and then back in...been working ever since!:D:D:D

Potentzero

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm getting overwhelmed, how do you sign out of Google completely? Where is that, please?

I was having the same problem on my s7edge for about two weeks now.

Nothing here had helped. But going into the settings of the app itself, you can restore it to factory settings. This just helped me. Only used it to set an alarm and I'm still unsure if it will stick. I'll be back with updates. As of now, this seems to do the trick!

Androidnovice62

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I was having the same problem on my s7edge for about two weeks now.

Nothing here had helped. But going into the settings of the app itself, you can restore it to factory settings. This just helped me. Only used it to set an alarm and I'm still unsure if it will stick. I'll be back with updates. As of now, this seems to do the trick!

How do I get to the app settings.
I thought I was in it but don't see default settings. I have a Note 5

Last edited by a moderator:

Potentzero

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Go into phone settings. Then applications. Then application mananger. From there go to Google App. Within there,you can change to default settings.

Last edited:

KimC2003

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
i been having issues for a week....i uninstalled and reinstalled....same thing over and over. So I signed out of goolge completely, then signed back in and TADAAAAAAAAAAA it is now working! so if you been having issues with this ok google saying you are offline, try that sign out and then back in...been working ever since!:D:D:D

This worked for me! Signed out of my Gmail account, now 'ok Google' works perfectly. Thanks!

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
try this ,worked with mineHow To Stop PROXY CONNECTION FAIL Android Error.

If you are making use of a Wi-Fi network, all you need do is

Go to Settings > WIFI, then select the particular network you are connected to, press and hold for some seconds and click on some sort of “Disable Proxy” and that’s it.

On the other hand, if you are making use of the internet configuration provided by your service provider (APN), simply go to Settings > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names . Now edit the Access Point Name in use and disable whatever proxy you find in it, then Save.

To be on the safe side, it is recommendable that you delete the Access Point Name and create a new APN profile without proxy server enforcement.

You can then try connecting the application back to the internet and watch the net::ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAIL error get fixed.

hope this helps.

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I have had this problem for quite a while and none of the above fixes worked for me until I went to Settings - Applications - Application Manager - Google App - and then hit "uninstall updates". Then I needed to reload the app and install updates, retrain it by saying "ok google" 3x and now it seems to work again. Hope it sticks and hope this helps someone else!

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Or you could just delete app settings and not have to reinstall app updates. Worked for me for a week or two

Before it did it again.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I had this issue on my wife's phone. Cone to find out, these phones don't like 5ghz Wi-Fi so I switched to 2.4ghz and fine

Delta Jordan

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Re: OK Google says "offline" after update

I keep getting an offline message after installing the most recent update on September 25, 2016. "OK Google" give me the option to retry however it gives me the same error message. My Wi-Fi is on, airplane mode is off, battery saver is on, I've checked the settings and there were no changes on my end. Please advise???... So annoying
I have been having problems with OK google and it seems to have started after updating to Marshmallow. 90% of the time, when I say "OK Google" I get a screen message saying "offline" and giving me sample offline commands I can use. Yet I have a very good connection whether Wi-Fi or Cellular data. Any ideas what can be causing this? I have retrained my voice as suggested somewhere but it didn't change anything.

Edit: when I try Now on Tap, it says "Google now cannot be reached at the moment".

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellie10