Please bear with me everyone.. I'm not the most tech savvy individual.. So, I updated my Vzn Note 5 2 days ago, and my battery life is basically non existent now, no more live weather wallpaper , random apps constantly stop working now, phone is getting super hot, etc... Is there anything I can do to fix this or reverse the update?
    03-17-2016 09:04 PM
    Welcome to the forums. Updates aren't easily reversible. Have you tried a reboot? How big was the update?
    KristenOtt likes this.
    03-17-2016 09:11 PM
    Did you do a factory reset? I had some problems also until I factory reset after the update. If you use Smart Switch is not as painful of a process.
    03-17-2016 09:11 PM
    If you're still awake, please help...

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-17-2016 11:30 PM
    The update was from lollipop 5.1? To marshmallow 6.0. Huge update

03-17-2016 11:31 PM
    As the others have said have you tried a factory data reset? This will erase everything and you'll have to restore but that usually helps after major updates of there are issues.
    03-17-2016 11:49 PM
    How do I perform a full recycle, im hoping I said this correctly?...

03-17-2016 11:52 PM
    Settings
    Backup & Reset
    Factory Data Reset

03-18-2016 12:22 AM
    Factory reset is your ONLY option. As others have stated simply go to Factory reset in your settings and configure the options. Not difficult.
    03-18-2016 12:26 AM
    How do I perform a full recycle, im hoping I said this correctly?...

Before you do a factory reset, recommend backing up your phone with Smart Switch. The factory reset process will remove all of your data.
    03-18-2016 06:20 AM
    Thank y'all so much! When I get to my office this morning I'm going to backup everything and factory reset. I'll return if I have any issues. Thanks again

03-18-2016 07:29 AM
    Thank y'all so much! When I get to my office this morning I'm going to backup everything and factory reset. I'll return if I have any issues. Thanks again

Sorry...I crashed shortly after replying. I agree with the others that a reset may be what is needed. I suggested a reboot as that may help without being as intrusive as a reset can be.
    03-18-2016 09:12 AM
    I would trying clearing cache before a factory reset, that's a last resort in my opinion.
    If the phone is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the phone storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.

To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:

Turn off the device.
    Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
    When the Samsung Galaxy Note5 logo screen displays, release only the Power key
    When the Android logo displays, release the Volume Up and the Home key ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
    Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
    Press the Power key to select.
    When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
    Press the Power key to restart the device.
    KristenOtt likes this.
    03-18-2016 09:43 AM
    I would trying clearing cache before a factory reset, that's a last resort in my opinion.
    If the phone is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the phone storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.

To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:

Turn off the device.
    Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
    When the Samsung Galaxy Note5 logo screen displays, release only the Power key
    When the Android logo displays, release the Volume Up and the Home key ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
    Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
    Press the Power key to select.
    When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
    Press the Power key to restart the device.
    Thank you so very much! A friend of mine did this to my last phone, but I couldn't remember how to do it myself. I greatly appreciate everyone's help!
    03-18-2016 09:45 AM
    Sprint hasn't pushed their marshmallow update on the note 5 yet I'm not sure I'm looking forward to it. I've learned to after a big update like that it's a good idea to have a wipe cache or do a factory reset

03-19-2016 07:41 PM
    I wiped the cache partition and did the system reboot as per poolsharks instructions. I did this yesterday and have noticed a significant increase in battery life. Still considering doing the factory reset, but only as a last resort if things regress. Thank you all so much for the help and instructions!

Golfdriver97 and Trees like this.
    03-19-2016 07:47 PM