Unable to resize keyboard after Marshmallow update?

BMWBig6

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
The upgrade went smoothly but I noticed the Samsung keyboard defaulted back to the normal size (I had previously shrunk mine to the smallest size possible in the input settings). When I go back into the keyboard settings, it appears the keyboard size setting has been removed (at least compared with my memory and other screenshots of older versions of Android). Does anyone know how to resize the Samsung keyboard (or know if the resize option will be added back soon)?

anon(3783942)

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I can resize mine to the smaller 1 but not the bigger 1 anymore. I can also remove the number keys from the top row now too

Posted via the Android Central App

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
On my Verizon Note 5 and MM the Samsung keyboard settings has a Keyboard Size option that brings up the keyboard with a blue cropping frame that allows me to shrink the keyboard from the top, and both sides. The limit is about 25% in any direction.

BMWBig6

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, my "Keyboard Size" is grayed out under Samsung keyboard settings. Are you talking about making the size change through the settings menu, or through some real time live method (grabbing and dragging resize handles)? I notice my Keyboard is also set to one handed operation (scrunched to one side of the screen). Could that be my problem? (I still remember having 1 handed keyboard with smallest size prior to marshmallow upgrade.)

EDIT: I turned off one handed operation and Keyboard Size was no longer grayed out. So I adjusted the keyboard but it's still not as small as pre-Marshmallow. I toggled between one handed operation (which grays out keyboard size) and 2 handed, and still can't seem to get the keyboard as small as I remember.

Last edited:

Maryell

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
After update, I can no longer assign numbers to text. Have to type password each time due to not being able to use predictive text on passwords. NOT IMPRESSED !!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma