Can anyone recommend a good wifi automator app,one I can just set up and forget about that turnes on wifi at home then turns off when I leave?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-19-2016 09:42 AM
    Tasker can do this quite easily: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...cted-wifi.html

The guide is set up for a certain time period. You can set it up via location, but that can drain the battery quicker. You can set it by cell tower, but I have found that to be unreliable (if you connect to a tower you didn't find earlier, it disconnects).
    03-19-2016 09:43 AM
    AutomateIt Pro is a good one to consider as is Tasker.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nPackage&hl=en
    03-19-2016 09:54 AM
    I can't seem to get the tasker wifi automator profile to work on my phone for some reason. Do you have to be rooted for tasker to work?

03-19-2016 10:47 AM
    I can't seem to get the tasker wifi automator profile to work on my phone for some reason. Do you have to be rooted for tasker to work?

No. Root gives extra options, but not needed for the guide I linked. Do you have the secure settings app added as well?
    03-19-2016 02:36 PM
    I just today downloaded automate. It had a pre set option for exactly what you wanted (I know this cause that's the reason I was looking for it too) I haven't left the house since I got it set up. But you may look into it. Its a free app.

03-19-2016 04:52 PM
    No. Root gives extra options, but not needed for the guide I linked. Do you have the secure settings app added as well?
    Were do I do this?

03-19-2016 09:39 PM
    Were do I do this?

Ok I see what you mean thank you

03-19-2016 09:47 PM
    Can anyone recommend a good wifi automator app,one I can just set up and forget about that turnes on wifi at home then turns off when I leave?

Ok I got Tasker up and running with a old wifi automator I found a long time ago on tasker wiki.Thanks all of you for the help.

03-19-2016 09:49 PM
    Ok I got Tasker up and running with a old wifi automator I found a long time ago on tasker wiki.Thanks all of you for the help.

Sorry for the delay. Just got done with work. Glad you got it sorted.
    03-19-2016 10:11 PM

On a similar note does anyone remember if any phones had this already built in feature? I wanna say I had a Motorola razor maxx that would do the wifi automator but I can't remember what the feature was called? Smart something??

03-20-2016 07:40 AM
    On a similar note does anyone remember if any phones had this already built in feature? I wanna say I had a Motorola razor maxx that would do the wifi automator but I can't remember what the feature was called? Smart something??

Smart settings on LG v10 and g4, but the pricks at Verizon ripped it out.

03-20-2016 08:09 PM
    The phone already has it built in.
    03-20-2016 10:27 PM
    I've got an AT&T version. I still get the Wi-Fi icon in the try...not connected but I interpret it meaning that it is searching/monitoring it. This when I'm not connected to towers. I just DL'd Tasker which I had not been using and programmed in the auto wifi turnoff when away from my home cell tower. Will see what that does to battery life.
    03-21-2016 08:54 AM
    Connect to your home Wi-Fi and leave it on. When you leave home, it will disconnect and when you return, it will reconnect.
    With everything else off, I don't notice any battery drain.

Attached Thumbnails wifi automator-screenshot_20160324-221209.jpg  
    03-24-2016 09:15 PM
    Connect to your home Wi-Fi and leave it on. When you leave home, it will disconnect and when you return, it will reconnect.
    With everything else off, I don't notice any battery drain.

This is on a Verizon version?

03-25-2016 05:02 PM

Ok the Tasker profile not working so I downloaded app called Automate and it works like a charm, it turns wifi on and connects when at home and disconnects when I'm not at home turns wifi off.

03-25-2016 06:38 PM
    This is on a Verizon version?

This is on my Verizon Note 5.
    My GSam battery monitor shows that WiFi uses 2 or 3 percent a day so WiFi is still on but not searching for other WiFi connections.
    I don't mind using a couple of percent a day in battery usage because I have forgotten to turn Wi-Fi on when I got home and used up a bunch of data.

Trees likes this.
    03-25-2016 07:26 PM
    I've used Llama for years. Does what your asking, plus many more system features. I mainly use it for WiFi toggle and sound/vibrate toggle when at home and work.
    03-26-2016 09:29 AM
    AutomateIt Pro is a good one to consider as is Tasker.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nPackage&hl=en
    just DL it now, seems to be the same as tasker but MUCH more user friendly. gonna give it a shot on a few rules and see how it holds up. thank you !
    03-26-2016 09:51 AM
    just DL it now, seems to be the same as tasker but MUCH more user friendly. gonna give it a shot on a few rules and see how it holds up. thank you !
    Yes, I liked it and agree with the UI and rule logic being easier to get setup and tune for your individual needs. I know Tasker and Llama are also awesome (I've tried and used those as well in the past), but think there is probably a bit more up front investment in time for the initial learning curve. That was just for me, though, and others may find that Tasker or Llama are easy to get off the bat. AutomateIt appears to be getting regular updates and support, so don't think you can go wrong with it.
    03-26-2016 11:10 AM