Change dpi setting fast and easy

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I apologize if this has been posted in this forum before.

Anyone who would like to change there DPI setting on your Note 5, here is what I found. It works on the s6/s6e/s6e+, note 5, and s7/s7e running marshmallow ONLY.

Step 1.Step 1. Install Nova Launcher. If you're not already using it, there's no need to dump your current launcher, we just need Nova to enable the hidden DPI scaling setting.

Step 2. Open Nova Launcher. You don't need to set it as the default launcher, just open it once.

Step 3. Go to the Nova Launcher homescreen, long-press in an empty space, then select 'Widgets'.

Step 4. Find the 'Activities' widget, then drag and drop it on a homescreen.

Step 5. Find the 'Settings' folder, then choose .DisplayScalingActivity. Doing so will create a new icon on the homescreen.

Step 6. Tap the icon. Once the activity opens, select the 'Condensed' display mode.

Step 7. Your Galaxy S7 will now need to be rebooted. Once Android loads back up, UI elements should now be smaller.

Note: once you've enabled the 'Condensed' display mode on your Galaxy S7 device, you can switch back to your favorite launcher.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I apologize if this has been posted in this forum before.

Anyone who would like to change there DPI setting on your Note 5, here is what I found. It works on the s6/s6e/s6e+, note 5, and s7/s7e running marshmallow ONLY.

Step 1.Step 1. Install Nova Launcher. If you're not already using it, there's no need to dump your current launcher, we just need Nova to enable the hidden DPI scaling setting.

Step 2. Open Nova Launcher. You don't need to set it as the default launcher, just open it once.

Step 3. Go to the Nova Launcher homescreen, long-press in an empty space, then select 'Widgets'.

Step 4. Find the 'Activities' widget, then drag and drop it on a homescreen.

Step 5. Find the 'Settings' folder, then choose .DisplayScalingActivity. Doing so will create a new icon on the homescreen.

Step 6. Tap the icon. Once the activity opens, select the 'Condensed' display mode.

Step 7. Your Galaxy S7 will now need to be rebooted. Once Android loads back up, UI elements should now be smaller.

Note: once you've enabled the 'Condensed' display mode on your Galaxy S7 device, you can switch back to your favorite launcher.

Tried this. It does not appear to have made any difference at all.. Hmm

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, it condenses it some, but not a lot. To my eye it looks a little sharper, and it is a little smaller.

Attachments

• 3104.jpg
    3104.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 75

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Since I don't listen to people, I tried it on lollipop and can confirm that the setting doesn't come up in activities. This is pretty cool though, theres a ton of stuff you can do in activities that I never knew about.
If only att would get their crap together and release marshmallow maybe I could do it.

From my Note 5 paired with my larger Asus Zenwatch 2

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Since I don't listen to people, I tried it on lollipop and can confirm that the setting doesn't come up in activities. This is pretty cool though, theres a ton of stuff you can do in activities that I never knew about.
If only att would get their crap together and release marshmallow maybe I could do it.

From my Note 5 paired with my larger Asus Zenwatch 2

It'll pop up one day when you least expect it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon