Mini card reader

David Cincinnati

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I bought a mini sd card reader to down load my purchased google play music to listen on my Note 5 but it won't download onto the card even though I picked external storage. Any help would be great.

David Cincinnati

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I could, I only have a 32gb phone, if I were to download all my music I would run out of space. Also would rather not stream from Google play to use my Verizon gb now that my son is on plan also

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Music is normally downloaded to the SD card, not the SIM card.

2. Purchased music can't be copied to any other media - you purchase the right to have it stored on one medium, you don't purchase the copyright to the music.

3. If it's free music, it should copy to and from the SD card.

Devin Doucet

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
1. Music is normally downloaded to the SD card, not the SIM card.

2. Purchased music can't be copied to any other media - you purchase the right to have it stored on one medium, you don't purchase the copyright to the music.

3. If it's free music, it should copy to and from the SD card.

??? When I purchase music, I put it on whatever medium I choose to listen to music from. Didn't see Sim card mentioned

David Cincinnati

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I haven't tried to download to computer then to SD card, I know with the note 4 I just downloaded to SD card so I would not have to stream. When I put the SD card reader in the charging port the phone picks it up and in Google play it gives me the option to store in external, just won't actually store.

Posted via the Android Central App

Devin Doucet

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing there is a difference between your setup and an actual sd card that goes inside your phone (which I think this is what Google play is referring to). I'm guessing note 4 had micro SD slot? I also don't use Google play music so I'm not familiar with downloading from there