Getting photo stills out of videos?

kitster

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone - sorry if this has been covered previously...

I have had HTC phones for the last 6 years - and for most of that time I have had the capability to record a video, and then as I view the video - take still shot photos from the video using a photo button (at the top right of the screen). I realize Samsung hasn't always had the same function, but I thought I read or heard that they incorporated it in a couple of years ago.

Anyway, I shot videos all weekend long of my kids - and then when I went in last night to try and grab some photos from the videos - there is no way to do so (at least that I can find). Am I missing something? Do I need to download another camera app, or plug-in for the Samsung camera?

Thanks!

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
On the note 5, Press & Hold the Power and Home button at the same time, for a bout 1 second or 2, and it will do a screen capture. There may be another way, but that's what I do. You can also take stills while its actually recording too...by hitting the camera button while videoing.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

kitster

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I never even thought of taking snaps as the video is recording. I will have to keep that in mind. I am just surprised that Samsung has the best cameras and (camera) software in the business - but this one thing was overlooked. It comes in very handy.

Thanks for your help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781