auto brightness after marshmallow

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Seems that after the update we have adaptive brightness instead of auto brightness.

How does one calibrate adaptive brightness? Mine seems very dim when I do it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I think the default Settings\Display\Screen mode is "Adaptive display". Maybe the Screen mode option has a bearing on how the Auto brightness looks in various ambient light conditions? On the Verizon Note 5, I'm not aware of an adaptive brightness option, but could be that Verizon removed or changed that option.

jeremyds45

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Seems that after the update we have adaptive brightness instead of auto brightness.

How does one calibrate adaptive brightness? Mine seems very dim when I do it.

I believe.... After you click the auto box, you can then slide the brightness bar let and right to fine tune, but maybe you're talking about something else

Kadeshi

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Might be completely unrelated, but after my update auto brightness don't seem to adjust at all.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I am referring to the slider and auto box. Oh lollipop I world check auto and the phone would take care off the rest (auto brightness). Now it seems I have to calibrate it (adaptive brightness). But even after calibrating the brightness seems really dim

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Noticed this problem twice today. Once was in a semi-lit environment, the other in a well lit room. Unchecking, and then rechecking the Auto box in the brightness slider fixed it.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I believe.... After you click the auto box, you can then slide the brightness bar let and right to fine tune, but maybe you're talking about something else
This is the way I see it as well. If I check the box it auto adjusts but I can fine tune it. If I unchecked the box then I get the full adjustment spectrum from dark to holy crap that's bright!

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm finding that adaptive brightness doesn't really dim the display. If I turn the light off in a room the display stays bright. If I turn the screen off and on it'll be dim but it's like it doesn't realize until you do that.

morbidntt

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm finding that adaptive brightness doesn't really dim the display. If I turn the light off in a room the display stays bright. If I turn the screen off and on it'll be dim but it's like it doesn't realize until you do that.

Not trying to resurrect the thread. But I noticed this too. What I think it is: using the slider - on manual - you control the brightness maximum and minimal. On auto - you set a minimal dimness level and it starts there to identify and set the lowest and highest. If setting auto though it looks like it reverts to a lower brightness setting. So I think the maximum minimal, setting for brightness via the slider is a notch or two back from full brightness.

WGAlways

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
please help..!!!!! I just bought Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 phone like a weeks ago.., I dont know why but when I want to watch video (any app,youtube etc.) the screen become a bit fade.., when Im restart my phone .,it backs to normal.,but after a while it became like fade whenever Im watching video...,it happens after I surfing internet mostly..! please help....!!!!! sorry for my bad English.., does anyone experience this.? I can say it doesn't happen frequently but I can say almost everyday... please help guys...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000