Seems that after the update we have adaptive brightness instead of auto brightness.

How does one calibrate adaptive brightness? Mine seems very dim when I do it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-23-2016 03:04 AM
    I think the default Settings\Display\Screen mode is "Adaptive display". Maybe the Screen mode option has a bearing on how the Auto brightness looks in various ambient light conditions? On the Verizon Note 5, I'm not aware of an adaptive brightness option, but could be that Verizon removed or changed that option.
    03-23-2016 06:03 AM
    Seems that after the update we have adaptive brightness instead of auto brightness.

How does one calibrate adaptive brightness? Mine seems very dim when I do it.

I believe.... After you click the auto box, you can then slide the brightness bar let and right to fine tune, but maybe you're talking about something else
    cwbcpa likes this.
    03-23-2016 07:47 AM
    Might be completely unrelated, but after my update auto brightness don't seem to adjust at all.

03-23-2016 12:03 PM
    Mine appears to be darker as well....But I like it.
    03-23-2016 12:08 PM
    I am referring to the slider and auto box. Oh lollipop I world check auto and the phone would take care off the rest (auto brightness). Now it seems I have to calibrate it (adaptive brightness). But even after calibrating the brightness seems really dim

03-23-2016 01:25 PM
    Noticed this problem twice today. Once was in a semi-lit environment, the other in a well lit room. Unchecking, and then rechecking the Auto box in the brightness slider fixed it.
    04-11-2016 09:16 PM
    I believe.... After you click the auto box, you can then slide the brightness bar let and right to fine tune, but maybe you're talking about something else
    This is the way I see it as well. If I check the box it auto adjusts but I can fine tune it. If I unchecked the box then I get the full adjustment spectrum from dark to holy crap that's bright!
    04-11-2016 09:22 PM
    I found that setting the slider to the middle is the best way to use auto brightness.

04-12-2016 07:38 PM
    That's how I have it set. Think it may be the default.
    04-13-2016 05:59 AM
    I'm finding that adaptive brightness doesn't really dim the display. If I turn the light off in a room the display stays bright. If I turn the screen off and on it'll be dim but it's like it doesn't realize until you do that.

04-14-2016 03:48 AM
    I'm finding that adaptive brightness doesn't really dim the display. If I turn the light off in a room the display stays bright. If I turn the screen off and on it'll be dim but it's like it doesn't realize until you do that.

Not trying to resurrect the thread. But I noticed this too. What I think it is: using the slider - on manual - you control the brightness maximum and minimal. On auto - you set a minimal dimness level and it starts there to identify and set the lowest and highest. If setting auto though it looks like it reverts to a lower brightness setting. So I think the maximum minimal, setting for brightness via the slider is a notch or two back from full brightness.
    07-12-2016 01:28 AM
    This is the way I see it as well. If I check the box it auto adjusts but I can fine tune it. If I unchecked the box then I get the full adjustment spectrum from dark to holy crap that's bright!
    10-27-2016 10:40 PM
    Me too..the slider is gone..when uncheck the box..screen going dimmer..thick the auto brightness is there..how to fix it..using p9 plus..
    10-27-2016 10:42 PM
    please help..!!!!! I just bought Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 phone like a weeks ago.., I dont know why but when I want to watch video (any app,youtube etc.) the screen become a bit fade.., when Im restart my phone .,it backs to normal.,but after a while it became like fade whenever Im watching video...,it happens after I surfing internet mostly..! please help....!!!!! sorry for my bad English.., does anyone experience this.? I can say it doesn't happen frequently but I can say almost everyday... please help guys...
    01-25-2017 01:02 PM