Did Bell canada got Marshmallow in note 5 ? any expected date?

TwitchyPuppy

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
It's related to Bell signal.
If it's only Wifi, it doesn't know there is an update available on Bell's network, since it's pushed by said network.

Mike_Luchia

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Don't feel bad, I'm on Bell in Canada and still on Lollipop 5.1.1. I've checked for the update but still saying I have the latest version.

TwitchyPuppy

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
any other way to update My model number is SM-920w8 locked to bell canada, Currently em in pakistan!

You could flash (install) the ROM (operationg system) found on sammobile.com using Odin.

Although I highly suggest watching a tutorial on how flash using Odin, I don't recommend doing so as bricking a phone (rendering it literally as useful as a brick) that way can be very easy.

You could have your phone unlocked and use a local sim card so probably you'd receive it from your carrier =)

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
In my experience using a Netherlands based S6 Edge, I got the updates about a week or two after they were released in the Netherlands and got them over wifi. Maybe the carrier (vodafone) has cell partners in the US, but I ran it on AT&T. I suspect you will get the update in due time. Since they do rolling updates by geography, they'll probably first finish the Canadian clients, and then put the update out to clients outside of Canada.

Posted via the Android Central App

Insurgent-Naqi

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Torbach 1 , yes i am pretty sure that i will get an update over wifi and not over bell signals. Thanku so much for clearing my doubts

Insurgent-Naqi

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Mike , Bell tweeted that they will release the update in late March. I want u to reply in this thread . Whenever u get Android 6 in ur note 5. THANKS IN ADVANCE xO