sprint marshmallow

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Same issue here. With the task menu.
I can only swipe 1 app away. When i try to do others , nothing happens.
Kind of annoying.

This is a general issue with Marshmallow on TouchWiz. I have the same issue on my S7 Edge. It gets somewhat better over time, but I've also found that swiping to the left instead of the right works better.

Posted via the Android Central App

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
This is a general issue with Marshmallow on TouchWiz. I have the same issue on my S7 Edge. It gets somewhat better over time, but I've also found that swiping to the left instead of the right works better.

Hey maybe its googles way of saying
"Look here m** theres a "close ALL" at the bottom"

Lol i know im not the only one that swipes all the apps instead of hitting close all.

tubbz the bull

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
My problem now is that for some reason when opening apps or loading snapchat stories it says no Internet connection or having to retry or reload messages and some texts

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My problem now is that for some reason when opening apps or loading snapchat stories it says no Internet connection or having to retry or reload messages and some texts

I've had that same issue with the data connection seemingly flaking out. I thought it might be a coincidence and just a temporary network hiccup, but maybe not. Toggling airplane mode on for a few seconds then off seems to correct it, but still annoying if you're in the middle of something.

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Mine still works as before, narrowing down as I dial.

To clarify, you're narrowing down by using the numbers as a T9 for letters Or by typing numbers? Mine narrows down seemingly properly if I'm typing out the numbers in someone's phone number but not if I'm trying to type their name.

I have no idea why mine isn't working properly. Good thing I don't use my phone as a phone that much haha but it's pretty bizarre.

fletch007

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
To clarify, you're narrowing down by using the numbers as a T9 for letters Or by typing numbers? Mine narrows down seemingly properly if I'm typing out the numbers in someone's phone number but not if I'm trying to type their name.

I have no idea why mine isn't working properly. Good thing I don't use my phone as a phone that much haha but it's pretty bizarre.

When I go to the phone and bring up the keypad if I want to call Steve I hit 78383 and as I'm doing it the phone starts narrowing down names. So yes T9.

It's seems like your dialer is not seeing your contacts. If you have multiple contact lists maybe you don't have the correct one selected?

Good luck

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
When I go to the phone and bring up the keypad if I want to call Steve I hit 78383 and as I'm doing it the phone starts narrowing down names. So yes T9.

It's seems like your dialer is not seeing your contacts. If you have multiple contact lists maybe you don't have the correct one selected?

Good luck

Since Marshmallow requires separate approval for each permission, it's possible that as odd as it sounds, your dialer does not have permission to access your contacts. To verify, you would normally go to Applications/Application Manager, find the phone app, and in there, change its permissions. On my S7 Edge, I don't see the phone separately in that list, which kinda makes sense, but just in case, perhaps it's worth trying?

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Since Marshmallow requires separate approval for each permission, it's possible that as odd as it sounds, your dialer does not have permission to access your contacts. To verify, you would normally go to Applications/Application Manager, find the phone app, and in there, change its permissions. On my S7 Edge, I don't see the phone separately in that list, which kinda makes sense, but just in case, perhaps it's worth trying?

There's 3 "phone" apps in the application manager when I look and all of them say "no permissions required." Some contacts show when I dial but not all.

How would I select the "correct contact list" to show in the dialer? Is that something that would be in the contacts section? Because I don't see it in the phone.

fletch007

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
There's 3 "phone" apps in the application manager when I look and all of them say "no permissions required." Some contacts show when I dial but not all.

How would I select the "correct contact list" to show in the dialer? Is that something that would be in the contacts section? Because I don't see it in the phone.

Go into your contacts then to /More/Settings/Contacts to display Mine shows Google, Samsung account, Microsoft Exchange, and then a "Customized List". By default mine used my Google account and I've not changed it.

b00b

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
For some reason now, when I'm in my dialer and press numbers (by letter) to get to who I want to call, it doesn't show me the people that it should "dwindle down" to.

Any ideas?

I'm having the same problem on my s7 on Verizon. Some of my contacts show up when I start punching in letters but others don't. No solution though.

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Go into your contacts then to /More/Settings/Contacts to display Mine shows Google, Samsung account, Microsoft Exchange, and then a "Customized List". By default mine used my Google account and I've not changed it.

Mine was on Customized List already. I changed it around but it didn't seem to have any effect on what was popping up in my dialer.

I'm having the same problem on my s7 on Verizon. Some of my contacts show up when I start punching in letters but others don't. No solution though.

"Glad" to see someone else with this same issue. Really hoping someone can shed some light on this soon. And it's not worth fully resetting the phone. I'd just have to live with it in that case.

Turbo2Pete

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
It installed this morning and locked me out of my phone! wasted half my day talking to all the morons (sprint google samsung) only to be told "hard reset"