What's Up AT&T no MM!!

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
The Note 6 will be out in July before we see a MM update from AT&T on the Note 5. I will just get the update with the 6 then in the meantime My Note 5 runs great as the first day I had it.

I would not hold my breath waiting for a July release of the N6

Posted via the Android Central App

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Whaaaat? First, thanks for making us all your testers. We get screwed so you get a better experience. Second... and far more importantly... do you really think there will be a second release?!?!?! Unless the bugs are HUGE, and it seems unlikely that a huge bug would get through, then this is it until Android N. It is very rare to get any updates on the OS of the device. A tiny one here and there, but I wouldn't expect to see any bug fixes for months, if ever. So, enjoy your wait. If you want MM take it with any lumps that may come. Its highly unlikely that MM would be a downgrade from anything previous. 99% of bugs are caused by 3 things...
1) Not a bug, but user expectations are different from the intended funtion
2) Software issue, not the OS. This is the vast majority of bugs. ie Don't complain about battery life if you have facebook installed.
3) Fix the "bug" with a clean cache (at the least) or with a factory reset after doing the update. (people who do this rarely if ever have any issues)

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Whaaaat? First, thanks for making us all your testers. We get screwed so you get a better experience. Second... and far more importantly... do you really think there will be a second release?!?!?! Unless the bugs are HUGE, and it seems unlikely that a huge bug would get through, then this is it until Android N. It is very rare to get any updates on the OS of the device. A tiny one here and there, but I wouldn't expect to see any bug fixes for months, if ever. So, enjoy your wait. If you want MM take it with any lumps that may come. Its highly unlikely that MM would be a downgrade from anything previous. 99% of bugs are caused by 3 things...
1) Not a bug, but user expectations are different from the intended funtion
2) Software issue, not the OS. This is the vast majority of bugs. ie Don't complain about battery life if you have facebook installed.
3) Fix the "bug" with a clean cache (at the least) or with a factory reset after doing the update. (people who do this rarely if ever have any issues)

This is my first Android device, coming from an iPhone. I see you say to clear the cache at the very least or do a factory reset. If I wanted to avoid doing a factory reset and starting over, how do I clear the cache on my device?

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Wiping the cache like that won't hurt anything right, all my settings stay the same and game saves are still there it is just clearing the stored cache correct?

Nope. No damage to mine. And I clear it about once a month or so.

Posted via the Android Central App

zCirca

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
Wiping the cache like that won't hurt anything right, all my settings stay the same and game saves are still there it is just clearing the stored cache correct?

Just saw this, but your data will all still be there. Some people cache partition wipe all the time.