06-21-2016 09:26 PM
30 12
tools
    What's up with AT&T still no MM! Has anyone heard anything yet? There was some chatter a week ago and now nothing.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-25-2016 11:23 AM
    I wouldn't wish mm on your phone unless they fix they issues it provides.
    03-25-2016 11:28 AM
    What's up with AT&T still no MM! Has anyone heard anything yet? There was some chatter a week ago and now nothing.

When you find out, poke me and wake me up. I'm hoping that it'll fix my bluetooth issue. This is getting ridiculous.

03-25-2016 11:30 AM
    We won't know if there are issues until it's released. I've never had issues on AT&T with updates. Verizon has always had them but AT&T is usually very good.

Dominick079 likes this.
    03-25-2016 11:31 AM
    We shall see. I don't think I could go without wifi working.
    03-25-2016 11:33 AM
    I had BT issues as well. Had to get my N5 replaced under warranty. Now works great. Could still be a software issue.. not sure what was causing it. Nonetheless, GIVE US OUR MARSHMALLOW ALREADY!!! :P
    03-25-2016 11:48 AM
    I also have the blue tooth problem hoping the MM will fix it.

03-25-2016 12:10 PM
    When you find out, poke me and wake me up. I'm hoping that it'll fix my bluetooth issue. This is getting ridiculous.

I can say on the Sprint version, it fixed my bluetooth issue. I now have full range again.
    03-25-2016 12:21 PM
    I'm rocking on 5.1.1. with Nova Prime and encryption on (not KNOX) and it is working very well.
    Unless there are some earth shattering benefits MM is a meh. Almost every upgrade AT&T tries to turn all their crapware back on.
    Would I like to have it? Sure. Is it critical at this point? No.
    03-25-2016 01:56 PM
    We won't know if there are issues until it's released. I've never had issues on AT&T with updates. Verizon has always had them but AT&T is usually very good.

I agree as I never had a single issue with a AT&T update. That's why I don't care when it's released because I know it will be a stable build. Also I know a ton of people with a Note 5 and not one has any issues with their Bluetooth.

Posted Via The AT&T Note 5
    03-26-2016 09:39 PM
    I'm rocking on 5.1.1. with Nova Prime and encryption on (not KNOX) and it is working very well.
    Unless there are some earth shattering benefits MM is a meh. Almost every upgrade AT&T tries to turn all their crapware back on.
    Would I like to have it? Sure. Is it critical at this point? No.
    Agreed and honestly people get on with your lives it's just a software update it will come. Would you rather them rush to release it like Verizon and have bugs. Just read the all the people having issues with the MM update on Verizon.

mhettrich likes this.
    03-26-2016 09:42 PM
    Probably best we wait. So they can work the bugs out.

mhettrich likes this.
    03-27-2016 11:29 AM
    Doubt they'd have as many bugs, considering they had a beta for it.

03-27-2016 12:39 PM
    I'm hoping MM fixes the Hangout issue I have. The keyboard lag is getting very annoying.
    03-27-2016 01:41 PM
    Agreed and honestly people get on with your lives it's just a software update it will come. Would you rather them rush to release it like Verizon and have bugs. Just read the all the people having issues with the MM update on Verizon.

I'm on Verizon and I have no issue with the update at all. Everything is running smoothly and a little quicker than on Lollipop. I haven't done a factory reset, only a cache clear. MM has made an already great phone a beast. Are there a few people who have issues? There are always a few people who have them, but for the most part it is a great improvement over LP. I don't think that people should avoid this update because a few people have problems. No two users are alike nor do they use the phone the same way, so to assume that because a few people have issues doesn't mean you will also. Just my 2 cents....
    nglandon likes this.
    03-27-2016 02:02 PM
    The Note 6 will be out in July before we see a MM update from AT&T on the Note 5. I will just get the update with the 6 then in the meantime My Note 5 runs great as the first day I had it.
    debdroid1a and boufa like this.
    03-27-2016 03:25 PM
    My big issue is not so much the update verus getting no reply, explanation or anything. Can you say "customer service"?

03-28-2016 04:48 PM
    I'm on Verizon and I have no issue with the update at all. Everything is running smoothly and a little quicker than on Lollipop. I haven't done a factory reset, only a cache clear. MM has made an already great phone a beast. Are there a few people who have issues? There are always a few people who have them, but for the most part it is a great improvement over LP. I don't think that people should avoid this update because a few people have problems. No two users are alike nor do they use the phone the same way, so to assume that because a few people have issues doesn't mean you will also. Just my 2 cents....
    I don't think people should avoid the update either. I just stated that I want AT&T to take their time and release a stable build. I have never had a single issue with any AT&T Android update and I'm sure plenty of people on Verizon have no issues as well. I just don't understand the point of complaining that AT&T hasn't released it yet as it won't make AT&T release it any faster. Just be patient and enjoy your Note 5 on 5.1.1 until AT&T releases 6.0.1.

hub1 likes this.
    03-28-2016 04:49 PM
    I got an update about a week ago...first one since November. At first I was excited until I saw it was only 30 some odd MB.
    03-28-2016 04:52 PM
    I've disabled the AT&T Update ability. Wanna wait to make sure bugs are worked out first with MM. I have absolutely no issues on 5.1.1...batter is just fine.
    03-28-2016 06:47 PM
    The Note 6 will be out in July before we see a MM update from AT&T on the Note 5. I will just get the update with the 6 then in the meantime My Note 5 runs great as the first day I had it.
    I would not hold my breath waiting for a July release of the N6

boufa likes this.
    03-29-2016 08:09 AM
    Whaaaat? First, thanks for making us all your testers. We get screwed so you get a better experience. Second... and far more importantly... do you really think there will be a second release?!?!?! Unless the bugs are HUGE, and it seems unlikely that a huge bug would get through, then this is it until Android N. It is very rare to get any updates on the OS of the device. A tiny one here and there, but I wouldn't expect to see any bug fixes for months, if ever. So, enjoy your wait. If you want MM take it with any lumps that may come. Its highly unlikely that MM would be a downgrade from anything previous. 99% of bugs are caused by 3 things...
    1) Not a bug, but user expectations are different from the intended funtion
    2) Software issue, not the OS. This is the vast majority of bugs. ie Don't complain about battery life if you have facebook installed.
    3) Fix the "bug" with a clean cache (at the least) or with a factory reset after doing the update. (people who do this rarely if ever have any issues)
    03-29-2016 09:14 AM
    Whaaaat? First, thanks for making us all your testers. We get screwed so you get a better experience. Second... and far more importantly... do you really think there will be a second release?!?!?! Unless the bugs are HUGE, and it seems unlikely that a huge bug would get through, then this is it until Android N. It is very rare to get any updates on the OS of the device. A tiny one here and there, but I wouldn't expect to see any bug fixes for months, if ever. So, enjoy your wait. If you want MM take it with any lumps that may come. Its highly unlikely that MM would be a downgrade from anything previous. 99% of bugs are caused by 3 things...
    1) Not a bug, but user expectations are different from the intended funtion
    2) Software issue, not the OS. This is the vast majority of bugs. ie Don't complain about battery life if you have facebook installed.
    3) Fix the "bug" with a clean cache (at the least) or with a factory reset after doing the update. (people who do this rarely if ever have any issues)
    This is my first Android device, coming from an iPhone. I see you say to clear the cache at the very least or do a factory reset. If I wanted to avoid doing a factory reset and starting over, how do I clear the cache on my device?
    03-29-2016 12:08 PM
    This is my first Android device, coming from an iPhone. I see you say to clear the cache at the very least or do a factory reset. If I wanted to avoid doing a factory reset and starting over, how do I clear the cache on my device?
    Here you go!

alarsen77 and soldier45 like this.
    03-29-2016 01:59 PM
    Here you go!

Wiping the cache like that won't hurt anything right, all my settings stay the same and game saves are still there it is just clearing the stored cache correct?
    03-29-2016 04:10 PM
30 12