Google Drive video question

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I use Google Drive for storing and watching my videos. The video player annoys me when I rotate the phone to landscape because it's the controls and time line are visible over the video at the bottom of the screen. I don't know whether it's the player from the phone or some default Google Drive player. Is there a way to make the controls and time line disappear? Maybe a different app?
Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Google Drive is weak. Sorry.

So what's a better choice? I've got a bunch of videos from vacations edited with music I like to share with friends. YouTube is out because of the copyright music. I used to use Dropbox and ran out of free storage plus they shut me down once for sharing too many links. Said I generated too much traffic on their server. I shared 1 particular video about a dozen times and they shut me down for a month.

blackhemi4x4

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Google Drive is weak. Sorry.

How is Google drive weak? You may not like it but there's plenty of people out there where it works perfect. I've used countless other online storage that had nothing but issues , get warnings about too many links, bandwidth limitations on uploads, etc. I've never had an issue with Google Drive.

blackhemi4x4

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I use Google Drive for storing and watching my videos. The video player annoys me when I rotate the phone to landscape because it's the controls and time line are visible over the video at the bottom of the screen. I don't know whether it's the player from the phone or some default Google Drive player. Is there a way to make the controls and time line disappear? Maybe a different app?
Thanks!

I use the Google Drive for videos all the time and when the controls pop up, I just tap the screen once and it goes away.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
How is Google drive weak? You may not like it but there's plenty of people out there where it works perfect. I've used countless other online storage that had nothing but issues , get warnings about too many links, bandwidth limitations on uploads, etc. I've never had an issue with Google Drive.

I just don't like the way the controls are set up.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
So what's a better choice? I've got a bunch of videos from vacations edited with music I like to share with friends. YouTube is out because of the copyright music. I used to use Dropbox and ran out of free storage plus they shut me down once for sharing too many links. Said I generated too much traffic on their server. I shared 1 particular video about a dozen times and they shut me down for a month.

I'm not much of an online storage type of person but one drive is decent.

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I use the Google Drive for videos all the time and when the controls pop up, I just tap the screen once and it goes away.

Huh....... I tap the screen till I'm blue in the face and the time line never goes away. You know, I don't think it's always been that way. I wonder what's changed? I've been considering a factory reset since the Marshmallow update. This is a minor complaint but it drives me nuts!

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Huh....... I tap the screen till I'm blue in the face and the time line never goes away. You know, I don't think it's always been that way. I wonder what's changed? I've been considering a factory reset since the Marshmallow update. This is a minor complaint but it drives me nuts!

Thanks for reminding me that I haven't always had this issue. I uninstalled the updates & got back to the original version that came on the phone & voila! Tap the screen and controls go away! Now I'm happy again!