Besides things like cases and screen protectors, there are accessories that I use daily that make my N5 the center of a lot of what I do. Since I use my N5 throughout the day, keeping it powered up is key, so I am always grabbing a power bank when I am on-the-go. Another thing is a good BT speaker. I have BT speaker on every floor of my house. Since I am always listening to audiobooks or netcasts, I am forever pairing-up to whatever BT speaker is nearby.

If you are in the market for either of these things, here are two Amazon reviews I just wrote for a BT speaker and bank I am currently using.

This review is from: Bluetooth Speakers, EasyAcc DP200 10W Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker V4.0, Silver (Electronics)
    I receive products to review from various sellers. In every case, I provide a totally unbiased review to benefit those interested in these products.

The DP200 is a totally unique design, and quite beautiful at that. It's small in stature and has excellent built quality.

The controls are also quite unique and took a little getting used to, but once I got the knack, I can appreciate the usability of their design. The main control is multi-modal: it's a power on/off switch and and volume up/down switch, all in one. I had to read the instructions in that the actual design of the switch does not infer/communicate how it is to be used. Again, once I "got it" I've found it to be quite clever. The controls on top are intuitive and similar to those on other BT speakers.

The speaker is a of a front-loaded design, with no porting. The audio quality is good - especially for it's diminutive size. Plenty of high-end definition, not much low-end presence, but this should be expected. The volume range and projection is downright surprising.

BT pairing is fast, no-hassle and rock-solid. Battery life is unbelievably long, and honestly I haven't seen this type of battery life in any portable BT speaker I've reviewed yet. Kudos to EasyAcc for that.

I have to say that I can easly recommend this speaker for anyone looking for simple, good-sounding and beautiful speaker that will not take up any valuable space on the kitchen counter.

This review is from: EasyAcc 2nd Gen. 10000mAh Power Bank Brilliant External Battery Pack (2.4A Smart Output) Portable Charger for iPhone Samsung HTC Smartphones Tablets - Black and Gray (Wireless Phone Accessory)
    I receive products to review from various sellers. In every case, I provide a totally unbiased review to benefit those interested in these products.

This EasyAcc 2nd Gen 10000mAh battery bank is a beautifully designed unit. The build quality is as good as it gets, The power to size ratio is very good, providing a practical bank that for a mid-power unit, will not weigh you down.

The unit is accurately rated at 10,000mAh, charges up from near zero very quickly and does not get hot in the process. Other reviewers that mention a slow charge time may not be familiar with charging banks of this capacity, or may not be using a higher-output wall charger. I find this unit to be faster than most - absolutely no problems on that front. The flashlight feature is a welcomed addition and has surprising utility when connecting the bank in the dark, which happens.

If you are looking for a bank with a good power to size ratio, you can't go wrong with this EasyAcc bank.

dmiller440 and DsM like this.
    03-28-2016 05:49 AM
    Besides things like cases and screen protectors, there are accessories that I use daily that make my N5 the center of a lot of what I do. Since I use my N5 throughout the day, keeping it powered up is key, so I am always grabbing a power bank when I am on-the-go. Another thing is a good BT speaker. I have BT speaker on every floor of my house. Since I am always listening to audiobooks or netcasts, I am forever pairing-up to whatever BT speaker is nearby.

If you are in the market for either of these things, here are two Amazon reviews I just wrote for a BT speaker and bank I am currently using.

This review is from: Bluetooth Speakers, EasyAcc DP200 10W Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker V4.0, Silver (Electronics)

The DP200 is a totally unique design, and quite beautiful at that. It's small in stature and has excellent built quality.

The controls are also quite unique and took a little getting used to, but once I got the knack, I can appreciate the usability of their design. The main control is multi-modal: it's a power on/off switch and and volume up/down switch, all in one. I had to read the instructions in that the actual design of the switch does not infer/communicate how it is to be used. Again, once I "got it" I've found it to be quite clever. The controls on top are intuitive and similar to those on other BT speakers.

The speaker is a of a front-loaded design, with no porting. The audio quality is good - especially for it's diminutive size. Plenty of high-end definition, not much low-end presence, but this should be expected. The volume range and projection is downright surprising.

BT pairing is fast, no-hassle and rock-solid. Battery life is unbelievably long, and honestly I haven't seen this type of battery life in any portable BT speaker I've reviewed yet. Kudos to EasyAcc for that.

I have to say that I can easly recommend this speaker for anyone looking for simple, good-sounding and beautiful speaker that will not take up any valuable space on the kitchen counter.

This review is from: EasyAcc 2nd Gen. 10000mAh Power Bank Brilliant External Battery Pack (2.4A Smart Output) Portable Charger for iPhone Samsung HTC Smartphones Tablets - Black and Gray (Wireless Phone Accessory)

This EasyAcc 2nd Gen 10000mAh battery bank is a beautifully designed unit. The build quality is as good as it gets, The power to size ratio is very good, providing a practical bank that for a mid-power unit, will not weigh you down.

The unit is accurately rated at 10,000mAh, charges up from near zero very quickly and does not get hot in the process. Other reviewers that mention a slow charge time may not be familiar with charging banks of this capacity, or may not be using a higher-output wall charger. I find this unit to be faster than most - absolutely no problems on that front. The flashlight feature is a welcomed addition and has surprising utility when connecting the bank in the dark, which happens.

If you are looking for a bank with a good power to size ratio, you can't go wrong with this EasyAcc bank.

Good info. How does the EasyAcc compare to Anker Products any pro/cons? In regards to the quick charging on the N5, what technology do I need to look for to maximize charge times? Also wondering how the Fast Charge Wireless is compared to my existing TYLT Qi chargers that I have (If you know).
    03-28-2016 07:19 AM
    Good info. How does the EasyAcc compare to Anker Products any pro/cons? In regards to the quick charging on the N5, what technology do I need to look for to maximize charge times? Also wondering how the Fast Charge Wireless is compared to my existing TYLT Qi chargers that I have (If you know).
    EasyAcc and Anker are both really good companies, with great products, IMO.

Regarding quick charging the N5, any Quick Charge 2.0 product should fit your needs.

The fastest wireless charger that I own is the new Samsung Fast Charge Stand. It's new, built really well, charges crazy fast without generating much heat in the process, charges in vertical and horizontal positions. Very pricey though.

Not familiar with the TYLT product. Maybe someone here will chime in.
    03-28-2016 04:11 PM
    Right. I have a Quick Charge 2.0 block that I bought from Best Buy and it seems like it charges faster than the Samsung block

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-28-2016 04:38 PM
    A little off topic: I use my Note 4 every nite while I recharge my 5. Aside from allowing me to cast videos to my TV I have found the Galaxy Universal Remote ap to be invaluable.

I use the mobile hotpot setting on the 5 while charging so I can access the Internet on my 10.1 pro tablet.

I have divers accessories for the Note 5 but my most invaluable is the inexpensive cassette hookup that allows me to play my device in my truck that lacks blue tooth. The quality is outstanding. Spent gobs of money on devices that supposedly play via an unused radio channel. Disastrous sound quality and I can never seem to be able to find a blank radio station. Much money wasted on many devices.

Haven't been able to find a phone stand with a connection that actually allows the Note 5 to play media on my Samsung TV without WiFi. Insanity.
    03-28-2016 10:45 PM