Marshmallow on Verizon SUCKS

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Does smart switch restore app settings? Setting up each app and widget as before takes hours. I've never been able to finish at one sitting so for weeks every time I use an app for the first time I have to try to remember how I had it set up and hope the new version works as well. A factory reset IS a big deal. That said I've always found a cache clear and a couple of restarts fixes problems from updates. I've never lost any important functions like gps though

BTW.. if u are going to do a factory reset anyway why not do it before AND after?

The website says it does backup settings too.

Smart Switch | Samsung AE
Support for various functions
You can send your personal data (contacts, schedules, messages, and memos), multimedia data, and other types of data (alarms, Wi-Fi settings , recent history, etc.).

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I used smart switch, but I also copied the contents of my SD card partition to my PC. I purposely didn't copy the boxing directory to my PC because I have it on my external hard drive, but after restoring with smart switch, the boxing directory was there.
Smart switch did not backup my app data, but helium does that for many but not all apps.

DsM

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
A simple question: if I do a factory reset is there any technical advantage to clearing the cache. I'm always interested in learning something new.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I used smart switch, but I also copied the contents of my SD card partition to my PC. I purposely didn't copy the boxing directory to my PC because I have it on my external hard drive, but after restoring with smart switch, the boxing directory was there.
Smart switch did not backup my app data, but helium does that for many but not all apps.

Thanks pool_shark, very good information!

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't know , but there is no danger to it, and there is no effort involved. So, when you are in the recover menu, I always click factory reset, then click clear cache... then reboot. No risk, no effort, only upside.

jmcphee

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
I have been having issues with my note 5 and the wifi. No matter what wifi network I am connected to (home, office, familys) the phone is slow. I turn off the wifi and use the 4g network and the phone is fine. I have done a factory reset and the phone worked fine on the wifi for half a day and now it's slow again. This is all after I upgraded to android 6.0. Any thoughts on what I should do next?

zCirca

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
Some users have issues with BlueTooth and WiFi being on at the same time. Sometimes has to do with 2.4GHz or 5GHz WiFi. Do you have WiFi and BT on?

zCirca

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
I have been having issues with my note 5 and the wifi. No matter what wifi network I am connected to (home, office, familys) the phone is slow. I turn off the wifi and use the 4g network and the phone is fine. I have done a factory reset and the phone worked fine on the wifi for half a day and now it's slow again. This is all after I upgraded to android 6.0. Any thoughts on what I should do next?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49