I don't think it's too much too ask that Verizon, who are a multi-billion dollar empire, who rushed to be the first US player to update marshmallow to Samsung's phones ensure a safe install. The update BRICKED MY PHONE by not allowing it to charge. Even using a new battery didn't work!

I Have safely updated many phones and computers a million different ways. NEVER have I ever had an update DESTROY A device, let alone an $800 phone!

The super messed up part is the take NO accountability for releasing software that can damage your phone.

Why do you think people are migrating in DROVES to T Mobil? Me being one...**** Verizon and hope they choke the thousands of dollars I've thrown their Way!

Criminal activity really...shame on Verizon.
    03-28-2016 10:16 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does it power on at all? Are you able to boot into Recovery and wipe the cache partition? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-23240

Did you actually bring the phone to the Verizon store and show them what the update did? If they refused to do anything, you could also bring it to your local Best Buy and ask the Samsung rep there to take a look at it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-28-2016 12:26 PM
    You mention you got a new battery for your device - who installed it?
    beh, zCirca, pool_shark and 1 others like this.
    03-28-2016 12:51 PM
    ive had updates brick my phone before. VZW always did me right. they ended up sending 5 HTC thunderbolts till they got it right. IMO VZW sucks but they are by far the best and therefore i keep them. they know, i know it....
    03-28-2016 04:59 PM
    The "using a new battery" part has me confused. Also, if an update has bricked your phone, you should be able to get a warranty replacement. If you absolutely did nothing wring, you shouldn't have any issues getting them to replace it. No update is 100% guaranteed to not have issues.
    03-28-2016 09:46 PM
    I'm sympathetic to your situation. Updating the OS is always a risky proposition. I second the recommendation that if the Verizon store is of no assistance head on over to Best Buy.

I don't even bother with Verizon retail outlets. Staff is typically ignorant of the most basic fundamentals and turnover is ridiculous. I'm lost a lot of money based on erroneous advice. And the managers function more like vice principals charged with discipline.

Whew, got that off my chest.
    03-29-2016 12:21 AM
    Call them on the phone. Once you've told them you have did a factory reset and everything else they recommend, they should be able to escalate your issue to the next tier and approve a warranty replacement.
    03-29-2016 06:27 AM
    You mention you got a new battery for your device - who installed it?
    I have absolutely no advice to give until this question gets answered.
    beh, Mayze, plumcrazy and 2 others like this.
    03-29-2016 10:49 AM
    I'm sympathetic to your situation. Updating the OS is always a risky proposition. I second the recommendation that if the Verizon store is of no assistance head on over to Best Buy.

I don't even bother with Verizon retail outlets. Staff is typically ignorant of the most basic fundamentals and turnover is ridiculous. I'm lost a lot of money based on erroneous advice. And the managers function more like vice principals charged with discipline.

Whew, got that off my chest.
    Funny, I've the exact same issues with best buy and not typically verizon.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-29-2016 11:51 AM
    I have absolutely no advice to give until this question gets answered.
    This^^

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-29-2016 11:53 AM