Ive owned Samsung's, LG's, Nokia's, Hauwei's, Nexus's and etc. ive always been thinking about the people who dont know about rooting there phone and has to put up with Bloatware. My questions is why is bloatware necessary?
    04-05-2016 12:20 AM
    04-05-2016 01:13 AM
    Ive owned Samsung's, LG's, Nokia's, Hauwei's, Nexus's and etc. ive always been thinking about the people who dont know about rooting there phone and has to put up with Bloatware. My questions is why is bloatware necessary?
    You should ask your mobile provider that, as that's where the majority comes from
    04-05-2016 01:14 AM
    It's just so carriers and app makers make more money. It's all to do with money.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-05-2016 04:20 AM
    Your bloatware is someone else's love.

Other people don't know how to use a smart phone very well. Having apps pre-installed helps them.

Some coming from iPhone want apps on it. Just work out of the box.

My favorite phone was the OG Droid. I think it had 3 apps out of the box. I got to choose what I wanted on it. That's why I've stayed with Android. I don't want to root, I know I'll brick my phone. Only a few things have kept me with Android today.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    TwitchyPuppy and BergerKing like this.
    04-05-2016 05:52 AM
    I think iPhone and Nexus have an advantage here with no bloatware. For me the only Verizon app I find useful is My Verizon, but as debdroid1a points out, others may like and use the carrier pre-installed apps.
    TwitchyPuppy and sweetypie31 like this.
    04-05-2016 06:33 AM
    Its for the same reason, that your favorite TV show, has commercials....they help pay for the costs related to the entire process, from assembly floor, to carrier shelves.
    04-05-2016 06:59 AM
    Your bloatware is someone else's love.

Other people don't know how to use a smart phone very well. Having apps pre-installed helps them.

Some coming from iPhone want apps on it. Just work out of the box.

My favorite phone was the OG Droid. I think it had 3 apps out of the box. I got to choose what I wanted on it. That's why I've stayed with Android. I don't want to root, I know I'll brick my phone. Only a few things have kept me with Android today.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    I used to root near the end of the phone's useful life. Androids used to be clunky and slow. Rooting allowed you to install ROMs that improved speed (overclocking) and battery life. And allowed you to rid yourself of bloat. Not to mention make the screen look way cooler. If you researched and followed directions carefully you shouldn't be bricking your phone. And there was lots of online help. And if things did go bad, well, time to get another phone anyway. I never bricked and I see no need to root these days with improvements in speed and quality of the OS.
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-05-2016 08:40 AM
    I've tried to ask a few but end in a dead hence i didn't continue via that medium I'm going this root, maybe someone in there development and sales dept would see it and answer
    04-05-2016 10:49 AM
    I think iPhone and Nexus have an advantage here with no bloatware. For me the only Verizon app I find useful is My Verizon, but as debdroid1a points out, others may like and use the carrier pre-installed apps.
    I would say even the iPhone has bloat forced on the phone by Apple themselves. You have the Apple Watch app and many other apps that people don't use and you can't delete them.

I have my Note 5 rooted which has none of the normally included bloat on it. I had to install Gmail and a few other Google apps that I normally use.

On Android phones, the carriers install their own junk in hopes that you will use and pay for their extra services like T-Mobiles caller ID app. On iPhones, they force that Apple Watch app on you in hopes that you may want to buy an Apple Watch. Then there's the built in news app and Game Center and a few other Apple apps that can't be removed. They make money for Apple and they want it that way.

It's the same with Google and why every Android phone comes with Gmail and all their other apps. They make money by you viewing their ads and by keeping track of what you do, what you view on the net and what you buy so they can target ads for you.

I block ads on all my devices partly because I don't want to be forced to view an ad or force directed to the play store or app store on the iPhone and it's happened on both platforms for me.

I also hated that all the Microsoft apps were installed on my Note 5 and since my custom ROM does not have any of those either, I am much happier.
    04-05-2016 12:28 PM
    Is bloat necessary? No. Do carriers still want you to have it anyway? Yes.

Android is open so they're free to add it in. If they get SUPER crazy with it I am sure Google would pump the brakes but an app or two (or 7)? Not really.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    04-05-2016 12:58 PM
    One person's bloatware is another person's treasure.
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-05-2016 01:46 PM
    I would say even the iPhone has bloat forced on the phone by Apple themselves. You have the Apple Watch app and many other apps that people don't use and you can't delete them.

I have my Note 5 rooted which has none of the normally included bloat on it. I had to install Gmail and a few other Google apps that I normally use.

On Android phones, the carriers install their own junk in hopes that you will use and pay for their extra services like T-Mobiles caller ID app. On iPhones, they force that Apple Watch app on you in hopes that you may want to buy an Apple Watch. Then there's the built in news app and Game Center and a few other Apple apps that can't be removed. They make money for Apple and they want it that way.

It's the same with Google and why every Android phone comes with Gmail and all their other apps. They make money by you viewing their ads and by keeping track of what you do, what you view on the net and what you buy so they can target ads for you.

I block ads on all my devices partly because I don't want to be forced to view an ad or force directed to the play store or app store on the iPhone and it's happened on both platforms for me.

I also hated that all the Microsoft apps were installed on my Note 5 and since my custom ROM does not have any of those either, I am much happier.
    Ah, got it. I wasn't thinking about OEM level apps as bloat, but with the examples you provided, I can see that. Think I mentioned it in another post recently in the Note 5 forum - if I could root via a safe method from a well known and reputable developer - and not lose ability to use Android Pay or Samsung Pay, then I'd seriously consider it. Easy way to zap bloat from carrier and OEM. Being on Verizon, this is probably not going to happen. Since I can disable or uninstall most bloatware, I have not yet installed Package Disabler Pro, but may have to if the bloat problem increases with future OS updates.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    04-06-2016 05:54 AM
    Ah, got it. I wasn't thinking about OEM level apps as bloat, but with the examples you provided, I can see that. Think I mentioned it in another post recently in the Note 5 forum - if I could root via a safe method from a well known and reputable developer - and not lose ability to use Android Pay or Samsung Pay, then I'd seriously consider it. Easy way to zap bloat from carrier and OEM. Being on Verizon, this is probably not going to happen. Since I can disable or uninstall most bloatware, I have not yet installed Package Disabler Pro, but may have to if the bloat problem increases with future OS updates.
    Also don't forget, if you ever root the phone and decide to go back to stock, Samsung Pay will never ever work again. Once you root, Samsung will always detect that the phone was once rooted and Samsung Pay will give you a warning that the phone was altered in an unauthorized manor and will never ever run again.

I didn't mind on my Note 5 because I don't have any cards that work with it yet and I have a S7 Edge here that can't be rooted as Samsung as locked the bootloader in the Snapdragon versions so I could always use Samsung Pay on it if the time ever comes.
    Trees likes this.
    04-06-2016 08:24 AM
    Also don't forget, if you ever root the phone and decide to go back to stock, Samsung Pay will never ever work again. Once you root, Samsung will always detect that the phone was once rooted and Samsung Pay will give you a warning that the phone was altered in an unauthorized manor and will never ever run again.

I didn't mind on my Note 5 because I don't have any cards that work with it yet and I have a S7 Edge here that can't be rooted as Samsung as locked the bootloader in the Snapdragon versions so I could always use Samsung Pay on it if the time ever comes.
    I for one really appreciate the way Samsung is handling locking Samsung Pay down as well as the phone. With the amount of sensitive information one stores on a phone today, especially banking information, protecting this data is a top priority for me.
    Trees and BergerKing like this.
    04-06-2016 10:05 AM
    I might be wrong but I don't expect there will ever be a reliable and comparatively easy method to root the Verizon Note 5.

Package Disabler Pro appears to be the best, if inelegant, solution and I guess you can then hide the offending apps through Settings.
    04-09-2016 02:39 AM