I recently came from the Iphones to Android. And I think I may stay a while. I recently purchased a Note 5 and have a problem.

Some of my contacts are saved to the Note 5 under device contacts and not the google account contacts. How do I transfer the contacts from Note 5 to my google account? I dont want to have to manually enter each onto the google contacts webpage.

Also, when adding new contacts how can i make sure they get saved to google and not the device only?

I apologize if these are stupid questions, but I am so new to Android.
    04-05-2016 08:55 AM
    Welcome to the forums, and Android. I haven't changed from iOS to Android, but perhaps this will help: Switch to Android

There is a section for transferring contacts about the middle of the page.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    04-05-2016 09:04 AM
    Thanks very much... let me see if it helps
    04-05-2016 11:27 AM
    When adding contacts make sure in the upper right hand corner says google. Afterwards that should be the default.
    04-05-2016 01:06 PM
    My man Charlie Hustle.... That did the trick. Unfortunately it didnt help convert the old numbers that were saved under DEVICE only. The option to change is only on new numbers... So like the lazy *** I am, I just deleted all the DEVICE numbers and will have to ask each unrecognized number "WHO IS THIS?"
    04-06-2016 08:09 AM
    My man Charlie Hustle.... That did the trick. Unfortunately it didnt help convert the old numbers that were saved under DEVICE only. The option to change is only on new numbers... So like the lazy *** I am, I just deleted all the DEVICE numbers and will have to ask each unrecognized number "WHO IS THIS?"
    The upside is it cleans out your contacts...lol.

But seriously, at least after everything calms down, you won't have to really worry about this again.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    04-06-2016 04:05 PM
    I have wondered about the mulitiple accounts listed in contacts. It took me a long time to notice I had "Device" as well as the main gmail account for choices when I was editing a contact. This also causes any "Notes" to be displayed twice when viewing a contact. How do you delete the Device contacts and what makes them show up as Device contacts in the first place? Is it anything to do with the Samsung account?
    04-07-2016 10:24 AM