Howdy folks! Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issue as me. Not sure what exactly caused this, but my custom ringtone all of sudden changed to one of the stock ringtones supplied with my Note 5. When I attempted to change it, my Note 5 simply ignores my action and keeps the stock ringtone. I can change it to another stock ringtone, but not to my custom .mp3 ringtone. Any thoughts?
    04-05-2016 10:32 AM
    Well, I'm not sure about N5, but my N4 had an issue wherein the file system no longer recognizes custom ringtones stored in the SD card. I had to place the .mp3 in the onboard memory Ringtone folder and voila- ringtone back. Extrapolating from that, are your ringtones in a custom folder? Try moving them into the "stock" folder (on my N4 its Device Storage --> Ringtones (and I just copied the original folder, so there is a subfolder "ringtones" as well, but that's not necessary, just me being lazy... ).
    04-05-2016 10:38 AM
    On my Verizon Note 5 I added my custom mp3 ringtones to the Device Storage>Ringtones folder and they show up in the Settings>Sounds and vibration>Ringtone window and can be selected and used.
    They do not show up in the Settings>Sounds and vibration>Ringtone window if they are installed in any file folder than the Device Storage>Ringtones file folder.
    04-05-2016 01:52 PM
    Well, I'm not sure about N5, but my N4 had an issue wherein the file system no longer recognizes custom ringtones stored in the SD card. I had to place the .mp3 in the onboard memory Ringtone folder and voila- ringtone back. Extrapolating from that, are your ringtones in a custom folder?
    That's the weird thing... My custom ringtones are in a different folder, but this used to work fine until recently. What app did you use to copy the .mp3 file into the Ringtone folder?
    04-05-2016 03:25 PM
    Well, I'm not sure about N5, but my N4 had an issue wherein the file system no longer recognizes custom ringtones stored in the SD card. I had to place the .mp3 in the onboard memory Ringtone folder and voila- ringtone back. Extrapolating from that, are your ringtones in a custom folder?
    That's the weird thing... My custom ringtones are in a different folder, but this used to work fine until recently. What app did you use to copy the .mp3 file into the Ringtone folder?
    04-05-2016 03:26 PM
    I use Solid Explorer Pro which had a split screen on the Note 5 when the phone is in landscape orientation and drag and drop the ringtones from any other folder to the Ringtones folder found under Internal Storage. But I am sure most any File Manager App will work. Solid Explorer Pro is just easy to use with a great visual format and drag and drop capability with the split screen.
    04-05-2016 11:58 PM
    Thanks beh. I use the same, but here's what happens when I attempt to copy the files:

Thoughts?
    04-06-2016 07:06 AM
    Thanks beh. I use the same, but here's what happens when I attempt to copy the files:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...5574a55e41.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...8b63b21f3f.jpg

Thoughts?
    I am not sure what is happening there. I would try downloading the ringtone from another outside location to you Download folder and then try moving it from there to the Ringtones folder. Or downloading it directly to the Ringtones folder. OR you could try moving the mp3 file to a different target folder first. The Download folder for example.
    I have also experienced what you are at times and I don't actually Know Why but I haven't had this issue if I download the file and then move it.
    04-06-2016 10:16 AM
    Go to settings, sounds and vibration, ringtone.
    Scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen. Click on add ringtone. That will take you to the sound picker where every song and sound you have on your phone will show up. Check in folders on the top right or press search and type the name and it will show up
    04-07-2016 06:59 PM
    Sooooo..... I was hoping that the upgrade to Marshmallow would fix this issue, but no such luck. Just wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same, or if anyone had any other bright ideas. Thanks!!
    06-22-2016 03:55 PM
    Sooooo..... I was hoping that the upgrade to Marshmallow would fix this issue, but no such luck. Just wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same, or if anyone had any other bright ideas. Thanks!!
    I am still using the method I mentioned above and it continues to work. Not straight forward for sure but it gets the job done.
    06-23-2016 11:37 PM