Note 5 Marshmallow Bell Canada Bug

adamtheman24

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I updated to Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 on my Bell Note 5 and when pulling down the notification tray there is a potential bug where the text there should read "Notification Settings" however it reads "NOTI. SETTINGS". I have attached a screenshot to what I'm seeing. Is anyone else experiencing this? Just curious, not a big deal. I'd rather find out before reformatting my phone.

Thank you in advance.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 459.jpg
    459.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 90

Insurgent-Naqi

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
U have scared me. I am currently updating to Marshmallow. Its 28% right now. Fingers crossed. I am hoping for no bug. I also have bell note 5

adamtheman24

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Well if there is no bug for you when you get there then maybe I could just reformat my phone and problem solved! Other than that the OS is smooth and the phone feels faster and more responsive plus there's tons of under the hood improvements. Let me know once you install and test for the bug I'm experiencing. Thank you.

Mike_Luchia

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Seeing the same thing on my Note 5 with Bell. Also have a but where "Ok Google" now gives an error of "Can't open microphone".

adamtheman24

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
So most likely it's an issue across all Bell Note 5 Marshmallow devices. Thank you for your findings. I think you can fix the Ok Google error by heading to Settings then Application Manager and then select the Google app and go into permissions. Make sure that microphone is turned on. I have attached three screenshots to guide you through the steps. Let me know if it works for you.

Attachments

• 470.jpg
    470.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 73

Mike_Luchia

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I've already made sure the mic was turned on. I think it's an app that's hogging the mix. Doesn't happen when I use a bluetooth headset.

adamtheman24

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Hopefully you figure it out man. You might want to try a factory reset. Also, let's hope Bell realizes the bug and fixes that as well for us. Thanks again.

theonecid

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Is it really a big or just a shortcut for the word notifications?
I don't care so much because the OS runs much better than Lollipoop!!

It's smooth :)

adamtheman24

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I believe it's a bug but you could be right that it's just short form. I saw screenshots of other Note 5 devices on Marshmallow with the full word Notification.

Yeah much smoother and way better than Lollipop.

I probably won't mind it as much soon but was just curious to see if other users are having the same thing happen.

Cheers!

dekesask

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine is also doing the same thing. I just assumed it was shortened. I guess we shall see. Maybe I'll do a screen and tweet at Bell support? Have you?

adamtheman24

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
The ram management seems much better. The overall OS is a lot more snappy. I'm really happy with it. I'm also enjoying Google now on tap. Battery life seems to be a little better so far but I won't know for sure until after a full week of use. Now if we can just figure out from Bell if what we're seeing in the notification tray was intended or not.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
As a reference point, my Verizon Note 5 with Marshmallow shows "Notification Settings". As theonecid noted, the abbreviation could have been intentional on the Bell version.

Not sure why "Notification" needs to be abbreviated given plenty of room exists to display the full text. Perhaps during development "Noti." was used, and was not found during test prior to release.

Insurgent-Naqi

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Guys did u try that good lock by samsung mobile electronics. Its mostly for s7. But apk version can be use on note 5 if it has Marshmellow

adamtheman24

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I installed last night and it changes the US for the locksreen notification tray and task switcher. Looks a lot more like stock android but it gets rid of the NOTI. shortcut I was mentioning.

Also it's easy to reverse if you ever want to go back.

theonecid

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Guys did u try that good lock by samsung mobile electronics. Its mostly for s7. But apk version can be use on note 5 if it has Marshmellow

Yes. Installed it today. Loving the looks and functionality so I've kept it. Make sure you download the latest apk