Does your screen get slower on dimmer rooms?

lonbraj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Ok, so here's something I noticed with my note 5: when in dimmer rooms my screen takes noticeable longer to light up after pressing the home/power button than when I'm on a brighter room.

Also, since the pixels apparently are lightning up slower, when scrolling on the app drawer icons with black background (e.g. 9gag) there's a purple ghost/track as the icon moves.

Does everyone else's screen perform like this? Can anyone else try to replicate this? You can easily replicate by comparing how long the screen takes to power on when pressing the power button on a dim room and on a light up room.

It's not a big issue as long as it's the same for everyone, but if it's just my phone I want it to be fixed.

Last edited:

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Do you have auto brightness on? Test it without auto brightness. I can't test it right now because I'm not home. I haven't particularly noticed the issue in my daily routine.

From my ATT Note 5 paired with my larger Asus Zenwatch 2

lonbraj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Do you have auto brightness on? Test it without auto brightness.

So, I did a few tests with auto brightness off.
- Bright Room - Brightness set to highest: No issues
- Bright Room - Brightness set to lowest: Really noticeable purple ghost - Mild slowness to turn on screen
- Dark Room - Brightness set to highest: No issues
- Dark Room - Brightness set to lowest: Really noticeable purple ghost - Slowest to turn on screen

It's really easy to notice the purple ghost with the 9gag app on the app drawer and a light color background.

So it seems to get slower as the screen gets dimmer.

I would really appreciate if someone tried to replicate the tests above.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670