08-28-2016 12:29 PM
801 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Can someone tell me how to get so much SOT. the max i have got is 5 hours and it just once when i was home and did not make any phone calls..on a usual work day, i get only around 3 hours of sot.i have 4g turned on most of the time i am at work. I have already disabled most of the bloatware using package disabler pro. Even after updating to MM, my sot yesterday was only 3 hours

Posted via the Android Central App
    How's your signal? A low signal will be the problem as it is continually searching for a signal, thus causing battery to drain fast.
    Could be a rogue app too.
    Issemann likes this.
    05-24-2016 09:27 AM
    How's your signal? A low signal will be the problem as it is continually searching for a signal, thus causing battery to drain fast.
    Could be a rogue app too.
    Signal is like around 50% . No rogue apps just Facebook

05-24-2016 10:01 AM
    Mod Note - People discussing the battery please go to one of the many battery discussion threads. This is meant for discussion about the AT&T Note 5 getting MM.
    05-24-2016 02:15 PM
    Just a follow-up, I have been running the sideloaded MarshMallow update for the last week. I was having Bluetooth issues with handsfree in the car where the person on the other end could not hear me randomly, this appears to be fixed with MM. Bluetooth connection with headset seems to be a lot better also, before if I was using my Bluetooth headset, I had to had the phone on the left side of my body or it would cut out. MM appears to have fixed this also. On Battery life, I might be seeing a little bit of improvement with MM. The phone definitely feels smoother when using it.
    bbqwings2 likes this.
    05-25-2016 01:01 PM
    Just a follow-up, I have been running the sideloaded MarshMallow update for the last week. I was having Bluetooth issues with handsfree in the car where the person on the other end could not hear me randomly, this appears to be fixed with MM. Bluetooth connection with headset seems to be a lot better also, before if I was using my Bluetooth headset, I had to had the phone on the left side of my body or it would cut out. MM appears to have fixed this also. On Battery life, I might be seeing a little bit of improvement with MM. The phone definitely feels smoother when using it.
    Thank you for your input. The biggest problem I have is my battery draining to fast and my phone heating up. I'm thinking it was a Rogue app. So I did a factory reset. It solved my heat problem but not so much for the battery. I'm hoping MM will help out. I wanted to do a factory reset when I received MM but couldn't wait. I have backed up everything so all is good there. But still waiting on AT&T to send out MM.

05-25-2016 02:15 PM
    Thank you for your input. The biggest problem I have is my battery draining to fast and my phone heating up. I'm thinking it was a Rogue app. So I did a factory reset. It solved my heat problem but not so much for the battery. I'm hoping MM will help out. I wanted to do a factory reset when I received MM but couldn't wait. I have backed up everything so all is good there. But still waiting on AT&T to send out MM.

Rogue apps can solve all sorts of problems and take time to track down. I find if I can use chrome to do it instead of an app, I bookmark the website and then delete the app (especially Facebook), life is better.

I have had a rogue app that would not let you your default apps foot opening links, once I found out what app it was and deleted it, all was good.

Nothing worse than a poorly written app.

H3aTeRzz likes this.
    05-25-2016 03:53 PM
    I've had the same issue as you with a bad battery. I didn't wanna factory reset until after I get marshmallow. But now that I'm done with finals I'm gonna just manually get it. Att is just taking too long.

From my AT&T Note 5 paired with my larger Asus Zenwatch 2
    05-25-2016 03:54 PM
    So you haven't had any issues at all with M? Did you do a factory reset?
    Also are you using good lock? If so, have you had issues with that?
    I'm just wondering because I will probably pull the trigger and update tomorrow but if there are issues then I won't.

From my AT&T Note 5 paired with my larger Asus Zenwatch 2
    05-25-2016 04:06 PM
    I used good lock for a bit on my S7 Edge, but wasn't a fan of the way it multitasks, it works the same but the ui was really bad in the app switcher, it remindinded me of iOS 6.
    05-25-2016 04:31 PM
    No real problems with MM. Sideloading does a factory data reset. Make sure you get a void backup. Samsung's Smart Switch does a good job door most things. I tried Good Lock and was not a fan of it.

05-25-2016 06:50 PM
    i like the Marshmallow update. It streamlined the UI. i just wish Samsung could've added more features to it,
    05-25-2016 07:58 PM
    Got a little impatient and decided to just sideload the latest MM update. Was incredibly easy following the instructions.
    Any news on MM note 5 AT&T?? (Update: Out Now!)-screenshot_20160525-223659.jpg
    05-25-2016 09:40 PM
    Just load another firmware on it using Odin. Worked on my note 5
    05-25-2016 10:36 PM
    This morning I click check for updates, and guess what I seen? A software update available! However, I am not on Wi-Fi or will be for a while. Can anyone verify this is marshmallow?
    05-26-2016 08:39 AM
    This morning I click check for updates, and guess what I seen? A software update available! However, I am not on Wi-Fi or will be for a while. Can anyone verify this is marshmallow?
    It's only 77mb so likely not MM makes me further believe it'll be a while before so why you'd you push such a small update right before a big one lime MM.

Posted via my AT&T Note 5
    05-26-2016 08:41 AM
    It's only 77mb so likely not MM makes me further believe it'll be a while before so why you'd you push such a small update right before a big one lime MM.

From past experience, this looks like it could be the update to prepare your device for the update. If the past is any indication, we should see the update within the next couple of weeks.
    05-26-2016 08:44 AM
    How can you tell how big the update is?
    Attached Thumbnails Any news on MM note 5 AT&T?? (Update: Out Now!)-1464270441478.jpg  
    05-26-2016 08:47 AM
    How can you tell how big the update is?
    Because I was connected to wifi and it started a download...

05-26-2016 08:59 AM
    From past experience, this looks like it could be the update to prepare your device for the update. If the past is any indication, we should see the update within the next couple of weeks.
    Hmmm okay I'll trust you, this is the first major update I'll be getting from ATT I was previously with sprint and Verizon before it.

05-26-2016 09:00 AM
    I just saw the update too, well I manually checked. It says for 77.77 mb. Looking forward to MM.
    05-26-2016 12:25 PM
    What's the 77mb download for?
    05-26-2016 12:27 PM
    Just little observations on the side loaded update: the phone never drops bluetooth connections now. Paired perfectly with my moto 360(gen1) since I updated. It would constantly drop connection before.

Fast charge works every time my oem charger is connected now. It was hit or miss before.

It's not constantly switching between 4g and 4glte in my basement corner office at work. 4glte 90% of the time.

Much of the ui is finally free of that ridiculous color scheme.

05-26-2016 01:35 PM
    Great to hear that the update wait might be worth it.

I just did the 77mb update, I would bet that it is the pre-update update. I have gotten these before, and my wifes HTC m9 got a similar update just before the main update.
    05-26-2016 02:32 PM
    What's the 77mb download for?
    Security patch.
    05-26-2016 02:33 PM
    Security patch.
    Don't count on it.... I know that is what it says, and technically I bet its true. But when did we last get the "monthly" security patch? This is a security patch to allow the device to receive the major upgrade soon. This is very common on AT&T phones, and is simply a set 1 in a 2 step process.
    05-26-2016 04:10 PM
801 ... 910111213 ...