08-28-2016 12:29 PM
801 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    now it says it cannot read the zip.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    06-14-2016 04:15 AM
    oh forget it. i've been trying to do this for 4 hour, it's not working, and it has wiped my phone. i'll just wait i guess.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    06-14-2016 05:30 AM
    now it says it cannot read the zip.
    Exactly where I was at and got no help from anybody here regarding the error. Try this or try that.... I was looking for someone that actually got the same error and made it through it. I even posted a thread asking for help and the help was very "limited".
    06-14-2016 09:05 AM
    oh forget it. i've been trying to do this for 4 hour, it's not working, and it has wiped my phone. i'll just wait i guess.
    My phone was wiped multiple times before I stopped trying. Not a big deal, because I backed everything up that I needed, but a super waste of time on Friday night and into Saturday.
    06-14-2016 09:06 AM
    What's is that and where do I find it?

nevermind i found it. it still doesn't list any adb devices on my computer.
    Yes, and this was conveniently left out of the "Step by Step Instructions" as well. Had to figure this out on my own.
    06-14-2016 09:37 AM
    Exactly where I was at and got no help from anybody here regarding the error. Try this or try that.... I was looking for someone that actually got the same error and made it through it. I even posted a thread asking for help and the help was very "limited".
    There was probably no help because not many people have had the same issue. Going through this thread I didn't see anyone post that they had a similar issue. I honestly believe everyone tried to help as best they could. Some suggestions are better than none imo.
    06-14-2016 09:38 AM
    The help given was fine, just no solution.
    06-14-2016 12:57 PM
    Well now I've seen it all. MM has made it to the Blackberry Priv on T-mobile before making it to our beloved Note 5 on AT&T... what has this world come to.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    06-14-2016 03:10 PM
    bmetelsky - this may or may not help. Unfortunately, now that mine is done, I can't even remember where I found them to move them! The "adb" usb drivers have to be in the same directory as the zip file. Once I found them and copied them to that directory, the "adb devices" command, found my phone and I was on my way from there!
    06-14-2016 04:35 PM
    bmetelsky - this may or may not help. Unfortunately, now that mine is done, I can't even remember where I found them to move them! The "adb" usb drivers have to be in the same directory as the zip file. Once I found them and copied them to that directory, the "adb devices" command, found my phone and I was on my way from there!
    I definitely connect via adb. When I typed in adb devices, my phone shows and the word sideload is next to it.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    06-14-2016 04:57 PM
    I did this as well. Once I got to the part to side load the. zip file it says it can't open it.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    06-14-2016 05:51 PM
    I did this as well. Once I got to the part to side load the. zip file it says it can't open it.
    Looks like we have the same problem.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    06-14-2016 06:03 PM
    I believe I will try to side load MM. Just nervouse, don't want to mess up my phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    The chances of you messing it up are slim.... I've just tried it 4 times in a row, and the worse thing that happens is it wipes your phone, but I was prepared for that. I just can't get it to read the file....says, Cannot read file. :-D

Going to try a different PC tomorrow.

Oh well.
    06-14-2016 09:03 PM
    The chances of you messing it up are slim.... I've just tried it 4 times in a row, and the worse thing that happens is it wipes your phone, but I was prepared for that. I just can't get it to read the file....says, Cannot read file. :-D

Going to try a different PC tomorrow.

Oh well.
    I had the same problem and tried a different pc. No luck there.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    06-14-2016 09:59 PM
    I had the same problem and tried a different pc. No luck there.
    Oh well, I was bored, which was why I was going to try it in the first place. Going to make a trip to the Bestbuy here...at some point to see if i can persuade them to hook me up....you know they got it :-D
    dakini03 likes this.
    06-14-2016 10:14 PM
    Soo, looking at the XDA thread when instructions say to possible rename the file to 'marshmallow.zip.zip' does This take place of this long file name? - - SS-G920AUCU3BOJ7-to-U3BOJ9-UP.zip

Or something else?

Also the Odin file is not listing the version with the ending of 2APE. Never used Odin so have no idea how any of this flashing to stock works.

*Update* I have Not done a thing. I just want all answers to be sure I understand before I do anything with my phone.
    06-15-2016 12:30 AM
    Soo, looking at the XDA thread when instructions say to possible rename the file to 'marshmallow.zip.zip' does This take place of this long file name? - - SS-G920AUCU3BOJ7-to-U3BOJ9-UP.zip

Or something else?

Also the Odin file is not listing the version with the ending of 2APE. Never used Odin so have no idea how any of this flashing to stock works.

*Update* I have Not done a thing. I just want all answers to be sure I understand before I do anything with my phone.
    If you're updating from firmware APE3, the name of the file you'll be downloading is SS-N920AUCS2APE3-to-U2BPE6-UP. You can rename it to a zip file although many of us just used the file name as is.

If you should need to flash the phone back, the firmware available is N920AUCU2APB2. After you flash back, you'll find a software update, which will take you to APE3. The whole flash back to stock is an easy 5 minute job.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    06-15-2016 12:45 AM
    If you're updating from firmware APE3, the name of the file you'll be downloading is SS-N920AUCS2APE3-to-U2BPE6-UP. You can rename it to a zip file although many of us just used the file name as is.

If you should need to flash the phone back, the firmware available is N920AUCU2APB2. After you flash back, you'll find a software update, which will take you to APE3. The whole flash back to stock is an easy 5 minute job.
    So to flash back using Odin, I would download the said firmware, flash back, download the software update, which is APE3? And that's it, I'd be back to Stock Lollipop?
    06-15-2016 09:08 AM
    So to flash back using Odin, I would download the said firmware, flash back, download the software update, which is APE3? And that's it, I'd be back to Stock Lollipop?
    Yes, exactly. That part is quite easy.
    06-15-2016 09:27 AM
    Yes, exactly. That part is quite easy.
    Okay, well I only read up to post 360 on that XDA thread, so I want to be able to get all solutions listed before I try this.
    06-15-2016 12:35 PM
    You can rename the file whatever you want. Just make sure you type the actual file name.zip when sideloading so it can locate it. And don't have two .zip suffixes. Only "ota.zip" or whatever you name it.
    06-15-2016 11:56 PM
    You can rename the file whatever you want. Just make sure you type the actual file name.zip when sideloading so it can locate it. And don't have two .zip suffixes. Only "ota.zip" or whatever you name it.
    There's no need for a .zip extension at all; furthermore, giving it that extension can apparently make the update process fail if you have 3rd-party zip utilities installed on your PC. There's no need to rename the downloaded file at all, but if you do, make it something easy to type.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    06-16-2016 04:33 AM
    There's no need for a .zip extension at all; furthermore, giving it that extension can apparently make the update process fail if you have 3rd-party zip utilities installed on your PC. There's no need to rename the downloaded file at all, but if you do, make it something easy to type.
    Guess I'll have to try this, as I've been adding the .zip to it.
    06-16-2016 06:41 AM
    So I don't need to add the zip extension? I just want to make sure before I try again. It would not load the zip file when I tried.
    06-16-2016 07:32 AM
    So I don't need to add the zip extension? I just want to make sure before I try again. It would not load the zip file when I tried.
    I've tried with and without the extension and get the same error. Good luck. I don't think that anybody who has recently tried to upgrade this way has been succeeding.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    06-16-2016 10:07 AM
801 ... 1819202122 ...