Any news on MM note 5 AT&T?? (Update: Out Now!)

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Any news on MM note 5 AT&T??

No marshmallow yet. I've been checking these forums everyday hoping that att will get their crap together and release it. My friends have marshmallow on their s6 edges. I'm very jealous

From my ATT Note 5 paired with my larger Asus Zenwatch 2

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

Everyone needs to relax when AT&T is ready to release MM for the Note 5 they will. I don't know about everyone else but the Note 5 on 5.1.1 runs like a beast. Calling AT&T and starting 100 threads on AC Central about when AT&T will release it won't make AT&T release it any sooner. I hope they take their sweet time releasing it because every Android OS I have received from AT&T has worked flawlessly. Geez it's just a software update move on with your life and when it's ready it will be released.

Posted Via The AT&T Note 5

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site

Unfortunately, my note 5 is not running like a beast. I have bad battery life and I'm waiting for marshmallow so that I can factory reset. My phone stutters and lags at times. Sometimes I have Bluetooth issues. I have hope that a factory reset and marshmallow will fix my issues.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

Unfortunately, my note 5 is not running like a beast. I have bad battery life and I'm waiting for marshmallow so that I can factory reset. My phone stutters and lags at times. Sometimes I have Bluetooth issues. I have hope that a factory reset and marshmallow will fix my issues.

Well then I don't know what is wrong with your AT&T Note 5. I personally know a ton of people who own the AT&T Note 5 and none of them have the issues you have stated. They don't have the slightest bit of lag and the battery life is amazing. I take my phone of the charger at 6am and when I go to bed at 10 pm I still have 40 to 50% battery life. I am a moderate to heavy user and use my phone all day long for work purposes.

More then likely it's an app you download that is causing those issues or you just received a bad device. MM probably won't fix those issues you stated.

Posted Via The AT&T Note 5

Last edited:

pontiacgp

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site

My battery life sucks sometimes,I took mine off the charger at about 9:30 this morning and already on 80% and haven't used it much,at least 15% the low battery warning comes on,it usually last atleast 30 minutes after that but now it drops straight to 1% now sometimes and goes off then I plug my charger up and the second it shows charging it will say approximately 42% there's no way it charges like that,my battery is glitchy,I'm getting the note 6 when it comes out or may go to the so if my note 5 dosent improve

Posted via the Android Central App

zvery777

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site

My battery sucks big time and I'm not even a heavy user. It will last until about 7pm from an early morning 100% charge. Not sure what drains it so bad!

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site

I would say do a factory reset... But then your in the same boat as me, waiting for marshmallow so that you can do the reset.

From my AT&T Note 5 paired with my larger Asus Zenwatch 2

bovineman61

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site

It might be worth your while to explore the app route. My wife has the S6 and it was running sluggish and the battery failed to hold a charge long. I kept deleting a few unused apps here and there. It was during one of those rounds that the snappiness returned and the phone returned to holding a charge as if it was new.

rpdc

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

I'm amazed that the Note 4 has Marshmallow and my 6 month old Note 5 doesn't. I'll look to Nexus next time.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Galaxy Note 5

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Personally, I want them to take as much time as they need....as I've spent a great deal of time here, assisting folks who updated to MM, I'll wait. :-D

rpdc

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

Your point is well taken RbaTeRzz but why would Marshmallow be Ok for the Note 4 and not the Note 5 at this juncture?
I appreciate your responses.
Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App on the Galaxy Note 5

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
It looks too good to be true
But seriously, is it legit? You got my hopes up

From my AT&T Note 5 paired with my larger Asus Zenwatch 2

Last edited:

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site

I took it at 7:48pm last night...obviously with the time in the corner lol. I haven't seen any updates to the AT&T Software Update page...heck no other AT&T reps said that on twitter either. Definitely wasn't counting on it, but that's the first time I ever saw an AT&T rep comment on a "Where's my Marshmallow" post.