Any news on MM note 5 AT&T?? (Update: Out Now!)

vincehny

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Any news on MM note 5 AT&T??

I was able to sideload MM yesterday morning with very little issue. After reading the XDA thread, the whole process took a little over 40 minutes.

Like others before me in this thread, one of my issues came from not having the zip file in the same folder as the adb files. My other issue was step 9 in the instructions. After typing the command "adb devices" you're supposed to see a device attached result. I never was able to see anything. So I started from scratch. I downloaded the adb file once again and reinstalled it. Next, I downloaded the update for my build (in my case, it was 2APE3) directly into the adb folder.

I then followed all the steps as described in the XDA thread without a hitch. By the way, in case anyone is wondering, I was able to install MM on a Windows 7 machine and I do have the June Security Update installed.

jimkar

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site

Windows 10 machine , I didn't change the file name, and I placed the file in the adb directory. No problems at all.

Posted via the Android Central App

bmetelsky

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site

O.K. - Finally, it is working for me. I tried a few minutes ago (I don't usually give up, but definitely needed a break after last weekend's mess of a try....) and this time just redownloaded the update file, put it in the adb directory, and did the sideload command, and yesssssssssss....it is at 50% right now. I will assume that adding the .zip extension changed the file somehow last week, because even when I took off the .zip extension it would not work. No problem with a fresh download and no extension added. Thanks to all who helped!

bmetelsky

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site

Updated to Marshmallow as of now! Re-downloaded all apps and started putting shortcuts where I want them. Also applied a theme that I like (default is too bright for me).

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

I'm so scared to try again. It took forever to set my phone back up and it's still not where I want it. Lol

zaydabarber

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

I hope tomorrow we will get MM update have any one talk to a at&t rep

AT&T Note 4 & gear 2 & gear s

Spazzbk

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site

I figured I'd add a step by step for Mac users since the process is a little different.

1) Download the latest ADB and Fastboot for Mac. If you Google it you can find it on xda. It has to be the latest version or it will simply reboot, wipe the device, and you'll still be on 5.1.1.

2) You can follow the steps in the thread on xda about how to sideboard. HOWEVER, there are differences. The differences are:

a) You DON'T need to put C: before putting cd. It should look like this: /Users/<username>/Desktop/<folder it's located in>

b) In order to issue an adb command you must put ./ before any adb command. It should look like this: ./adb

It took me a while to figure that out and I hope others can avoid the headaches I had to go through. Good luck Mac users!

Posted via the Android Central App

MatchesMalone9

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site

I hope tomorrow we will get MM update have any one talk to a at&t rep

AT&T Note 4 & gear 2 & gear s

I hope we do as well but AT&T reps don't know this information. There is no way for them to access this information and they are never given a timetable as to when updates will start. If a rep ever gives you a date, it's either a guess or they just gave you an answer to essentially get rid of you.

Source: I'm an AT&T rep

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

Is this update supposed to come this week or something?

No one (at least no one who is talking) knows. Period, not AT&T reps, not anyone. So when the forum explodes with people reporting update indicators on their phones, then... and ONLY THEN... with we know when the update is coming.

I side loaded the update, and while I appreciate that method may not be for everyone, it worked fine for me, and I recommend it for anyone who may be even close to interested. The only down side is the forced clean reset, but honestly, that is by far the best way to do a major OS update anyways.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

I tried to sideboard the update again and it still didn't work. I'm over it . Let me go set up my phone again. Lol

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

I struggled with it as well, took about 5 or 6 tries. Finally got it when I started running the command window as an admin.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000