08-28-2016 12:29 PM
801 ... 2728293031 ...
tools
    How often do people reboot that they care about the startup jingle? I typically go for a month or two between reboots. My phone was last restarted 27 days ago when I installed 6.0.1 (BPE6), and I don't expect to reboot again until the next security update comes out OTA.
    H3aTeRzz and Degener84u like this.
    06-23-2016 10:19 AM
    I updated yesterday and noticed that it feels snappier.
    Can't tell if my battery life has improved or not but the Note 5 has always been good.
    So for those that are holding off, go for it
    H3aTeRzz, Bob31464 and Degener84u like this.
    06-23-2016 11:46 AM
    It looks like wifi calling was removed from this rom..... or am I just not finding it in settings? Wifi calling is supposed to be built into MM
    I agree, I can't seem to find it after the latest update.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-23-2016 12:18 PM
    How often do people reboot that they care about the startup jingle? I typically go for a month or two between reboots. My phone was last restarted 27 days ago when I installed 6.0.1 (BPE6), and I don't expect to reboot again until the next security update comes out OTA.
    When you switch Sim cards Samsung forces a reboot.
    H3aTeRzz and dakini03 like this.
    06-23-2016 01:01 PM
    Under android system in marshmallow, what is the IQ or CQ program called that we would disable from att?
    06-23-2016 03:26 PM
    Try this, it's worth a shot if you haven't already tried it. Deactivate all security sign in whether it be fingerprint or pin locks.

Once that's done turn your phone off and enter recovery mode and do a wipe of the cache partition. Then sign in and only set up fingerprint. See if that helps. Of course when you are setting up fingerprint, it will ask you for a backup password.
    It's working now...the screen lock time was set to 10 minutes at default and fingerprints would only appear after that amount of time, lol
    H3aTeRzz and dakini03 like this.
    06-23-2016 03:47 PM
    CarrierIQ
    06-23-2016 06:05 PM
    I would do both, but that's just me!
    What do you use to back up to your computer?
    06-23-2016 06:44 PM
    That's great and all but as an almost exact opppsite, I reboot every morning.... Been doing that since the greatest phone ever...the 2004 HP ipaq! Good policy and a chimp could be taught to do it in ten minutes. Never had a freeze up either that a reboot couldn't cure.. Hee hee
    daveinsouthcentral likes this.
    06-23-2016 06:50 PM
    It's actually still there but very faint and easy to miss. I first noiced that with my S7 Edge.
    Ugh, now that you said it I heard it , seems to jingle before the logo comes up, you're right, easy to miss......not loud thankfully

06-23-2016 07:47 PM
    What do you use to back up to your computer?
    Samsung Smart Switch. PC version.
    dakini03 and Degener84u like this.
    06-23-2016 08:43 PM
    Well, today I installed Marshmallow on my Galaxy Note 5 on AT&T. Everything seemed to install correctly (OTA). But after the final boot, the battery began to drain. I had started with 100% battery, the phone was plugged in to the charger, and remained at 100% throughout the whole process.

But after the phone restarted, the battery began to drain., while the phone was plugged in. In ten minutes, I was at 87%, after 15 minutes, at 75%.

Then I got a message that said that the phone was charging slowly, and that I should use the Samsung charger that came with the phone.

Only problem was that I was using the original Samsung charger. So I switched to another charger that I use to recharge my tablet--a no-name generic charger, and the phone started charging normally.

I took the phone with me the rest of the day, and with very little use and all apps, Wi-Fi and GPS turned off, I was down to 59% in three hours, while usually I would have been in the high 80's.

Anybody else experiencing the same problem or have any suggestions to correct it?
    06-23-2016 09:34 PM
    Phone will not pull the update. Any suggestions?

06-23-2016 10:02 PM
    Well, today I installed Marshmallow on my Galaxy Note 5 on AT&T. Everything seemed to install correctly (OTA). But after the final boot, the battery began to drain. I had started with 100% battery, the phone was plugged in to the charger, and remained at 100% throughout the whole process.

But after the phone restarted, the battery began to drain., while the phone was plugged in. In ten minutes, I was at 87%, after 15 minutes, at 75%.

Then I got a message that said that the phone was charging slowly, and that I should use the Samsung charger that came with the phone.

Only problem was that I was using the original Samsung charger. So I switched to another charger that I use to recharge my tablet--a no-name generic charger, and the phone started charging normally.

I took the phone with me the rest of the day, and with very little use and all apps, Wi-Fi and GPS turned off, I was down to 59% in three hours, while usually I would have been in the high 80's.

Anybody else experiencing the same problem or have any suggestions to correct it?
    Yeah it was draining fast for me, but give it a few days and let Doze do it's thing. I was at 38% when I came out of the theater from seeing Independence Day Resurgence with my boyfriend and I checked GSM..I had 10 HOURS left. I'm at 32 now and have 7 hours left with 2 bar signals.
    06-23-2016 11:21 PM
    Most users are reporting excellent battery life with MM. What does the settings-battery page say is using most of the charge?

Some apps run automatically even if you don't use them. If the settings-battery page doesn't give you a good clue, I'd try factory-resetting and see if the drain occurs before you reinstall any apps.
    06-24-2016 07:40 AM

Factory reset and clear the cache partition. I did that right after the update and my phone has been better with battery life.

Contact AT&T via chat or other means and ask them to push the update to your phone. They did with mine.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    06-24-2016 08:53 AM

Do you mean the phone tells you it's up to date? If so, they probably haven't sent it to your device yet. Usually carriers roll it all out in batches to keep the stress of the servers under control.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    06-24-2016 09:04 AM

This is common, as your particular block may not be receiving it yet. Try this though. Clear you Cache Partition through recovery mode, and try again. You may have to set your clock forward, manually, to bypass the time thing att puts on users.

Alternatively, as one said above, you can contact att and they should be able to push the update to you; or you can go to your local best buy, Samsung counter, and should be able to do it, free.

Hope this helps.

Chris
    Degener84u likes this.
    06-24-2016 10:42 AM
    Turns out I lied. It's still happening but I can't figure out the conditions. Every once in a while it will prompt me for the password after unlocking using my finger print. Aggravating. I guess a full wipe is in my future. Is this happening to anyone else?
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    06-24-2016 10:44 AM
    Turns out I lied. It's still happening but I can't figure out the conditions. Every once in a while it will prompt me for the password after unlocking using my finger print. Aggravating. I guess a full wipe is in my future. Is this happening to anyone else?
    I noticed if I reboot my phone it will ask for my password. Then after it will only ask for my finger print. I would say do a full wipe to.

H3aTeRzz likes this.
    06-24-2016 12:38 PM
    My AT&T note 5 runs smooth no hick ups. My battery is a different story dosnt last all day. With that being said I should do a clean wipe my self.

H3aTeRzz likes this.
    06-24-2016 12:42 PM
    You can try wiping the cache partition in recovery first, however if it were me I would do the full factory reset after that major update.

Notice I said if it were me. Some folks don't have to do it and their major updates work just fine without it. Then there are people like me, to whom have issues after these updates, and I find, based on experience, that a full factory reset gets rid of 99% of all bugs.
    06-24-2016 01:50 PM
    CarrierIQ
    That's it. . I didn't find it under android system. It's it called something else? My battery drain is high, but added to that is that lovely tweak that Google added to marshmallow of having to turn on location for ble connection to my Garmin to sync. ... What a crappy idea.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    06-24-2016 02:08 PM
    Updating to MM now Note 5 AT&T 1409.30 mb in size, but still looking forward to a new Note 7 in August.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    06-24-2016 02:12 PM
    Updating to MM now Note 5 AT&T 1409.30 mb in size, but still looking forward to a new Note 7 in August.
    Wow! They just skipped the 6! Lol all joking aside, what about the new note are you excited about?
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    06-24-2016 03:36 PM
801 ... 2728293031 ...