08-28-2016 12:29 PM
801 ... 2930313233
tools
    Yes it improved the speed of my phone and I didn't even factory reset it yet. But my Note 5 was fast before the update. As far as battery life goes I will have to give it a few days to see if it improved at all but again my Note 5 already had great battery life. But it improved the battery life for my GF'S S6.

All I was trying to say was the majority of smartphone users don't care about software updates at all. As long as I know it's on it way then I will patiently wait for it. I'm sorry but all this fuss about the MM update was really not needed at all. Granted AT&T was the last to release it but it was eventually going to get released.

I hope the majority of everyone isn't experiencing issues as I haven't come across any. But I still will be factory resetting it tomorrow as I do with every software update.

Posted via the AT&T Note 5
    No matter what, when people are investing their money into the latest technology, they are going to want it up to date with the latest software available. That will never change, and people will always complain when they don't have it, which is actually a good thing because it helps keep devolopers from becoming complacent.

It was a great phone and software before the update, and the software is even better after.

I think the odd thing is that AT&T held the update in limbo without applying any more updates to it for quite some time before actually releasing it. I understand and appreciate checking for stability, but they took that to a whole new level.

Been running great on my phone with no issues for I believe over a month now!
    06-26-2016 08:47 AM
    Hello all

I received a Note 5 about 2 weeks ago from my company (thru their AT&T business account) and while this isn't my first Android device, I would not call myself an expert, at least to the likes of I'm sure many of you are.

At any rate, the device had LP on it but I have been monitoring these forums and seeing MM seemed to be out, I did a OTA update check this morning an it now seems to be downloading a large update (1409.30mb) so I am guessing this is MM?

So if this is I guess I am getting it so I did have a few questions.

1: I see many on this thread talking about doing a factory reset after which for at to how to do this I think I can figure out, but my question on this point is one, just am wondering what this should do for me advantage wise (?), and two, is there anything I should do before I perform this?

For the first question of that, all in all my battery life has been pretty good and I do get a ton of e-mails and txts at work all day. For the most part at least for my use and with Wifi on and also GPS on all day, I end my work day with at least 50% if not more of battery life, which is fine by me.

So is the battery life a major reason most do the reset?

So for the second part to that question, I have set up a lot of good amount of stuff so to speak such as contacts and other work related things...so just guess here, but I assume the factory reset will bring the device back to just as I got it, which means all that will be lost.

So is there a way to best save all that? Will the backup that comes with the device be the best way, or are there other better ways?

Also for one Key question on that, will a factory reset loose any of the AT&T account stuff I got with the device, or is that all save/from the sim card. Note on this, the with the device did come sealed, but somehow, the some card was inside it, so is hard to tell what might have been done to it before.

So for a 2nd question, for me I really like this device all except for one thing which is where there is a need to swipe to open every time it does a screen sleep.

So has that feature been removed or put under some way to be controlled with MM or is it still the same.

Thanks for any help
    06-26-2016 09:37 AM
    Curved edges, bigger battery, iris scanner, not sure about better camera. Silver option, waterproofing, sd card is back to name a few.
    06-26-2016 10:13 AM
    Mine didn't get smaller until I updated the good lock feature.
    I went on the Google play to download good lock but don't see it I have a AT&T Note 5.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-26-2016 01:23 PM
    Never mind I found it. Thank you

06-26-2016 01:29 PM
    My wife is having this weird issue, after the update, that when she tries to use Facebook or Google now, gets offline and can't use the apps. Anyone else getting this? Any way to fix this other than a fdr?
    06-26-2016 01:34 PM
    Hello all

I received a Note 5 about 2 weeks ago from my company (thru their AT&T business account) and while this isn't my first Android device, I would not call myself an expert, at least to the likes of I'm sure many of you are.

At any rate, the device had LP on it but I have been monitoring these forums and seeing MM seemed to be out, I did a OTA update check this morning an it now seems to be downloading a large update (1409.30mb) so I am guessing this is MM?

So if this is I guess I am getting it so I did have a few questions.

1: I see many on this thread talking about doing a factory reset after which for at to how to do this I think I can figure out, but my question on this point is one, just am wondering what this should do for me advantage wise (?), and two, is there anything I should do before I perform this?

For the first question of that, all in all my battery life has been pretty good and I do get a ton of e-mails and txts at work all day. For the most part at least for my use and with Wifi on and also GPS on all day, I end my work day with at least 50% if not more of battery life, which is fine by me.

So is the battery life a major reason most do the reset?

So for the second part to that question, I have set up a lot of good amount of stuff so to speak such as contacts and other work related things...so just guess here, but I assume the factory reset will bring the device back to just as I got it, which means all that will be lost.

So is there a way to best save all that? Will the backup that comes with the device be the best way, or are there other better ways?

Also for one Key question on that, will a factory reset loose any of the AT&T account stuff I got with the device, or is that all save/from the sim card. Note on this, the with the device did come sealed, but somehow, the some card was inside it, so is hard to tell what might have been done to it before.

So for a 2nd question, for me I really like this device all except for one thing which is where there is a need to swipe to open every time it does a screen sleep.

So has that feature been removed or put under some way to be controlled with MM or is it still the same.

Thanks for any help
    Welcome to the forums. That is the MM update. When the update file is that big, it's an OS update.

As for resets, the general rule of thumb is to do one after a major update. You can skip it if you'd like. Any issues the device may have might be associated with OS framework conflicts.

As for backing up the phone, you can pull your media files off with the data cable and a PC.
    06-26-2016 01:59 PM
    I went on the Google play to download good lock but don't see it I have a AT&T Note 5.

Sorry I just saw your post. Its in the Samsung Galaxy app store
    06-26-2016 02:26 PM
    Sorry I just saw your post. Its in the Samsung Galaxy app store
    I know this isn't the topic I started but I just have a question about good lock. I'm not able to use my finger print is there something I'm missing?

06-26-2016 06:32 PM
    I know this isn't the topic I started but I just have a question about good lock. I'm not able to use my finger print is there something I'm missing?

I'm using good lock with my fingerprint and a pattern perfectly fine. You should try again

Sent from my ATT Note 5 paired with a 42mm Asus Zenwatch 2
    06-26-2016 08:33 PM
    My wife is having this weird issue, after the update, that when she tries to use Facebook or Google now, gets offline and can't use the apps. Anyone else getting this? Any way to fix this other than a fdr?
    Have her log off of FB. Uninstall / Reinstall. Also goto accounts, and remove Google account , then re-add it.

Lastly then enter recovery mode and wipe the cache partition. Hope this helps.
    06-26-2016 08:34 PM
    I'm using good lock with my fingerprint and a pattern perfectly fine. You should try again

I have it set up to use finger print along with a backup pin. When I use my finger it says use pin because finger print recognition because of a security policy?

06-26-2016 10:01 PM
    Hey guys and gals... Seems now that I updated I must use a pattern or pin to access my phone even though I have set it up to use fingerprints.* It's wasn't like that before. Is there any way to get it back to that setup?
    06-26-2016 11:14 PM
    Thanks for the reply Golfdriver97.

So I got the MM update and most things seem ok save one which I will post below as to not mix things up

But as far as your mention of pulling the media files off with the data cable and a PC, isn't there an app that would do things better?
    Also was looking at the Backup and Rest part where I guess things such as it suggest as Wifi passwords and app settings will be backed up.

So does that work as well as any app?
    06-27-2016 05:09 AM
    Hello all

So I got the MM update on my device yesterday and so far things seem to be going ok.

Only one odd thing I have noticed is that when my device goes to sleep, and by that I mean for what ever makes the screen go black either by me hitting the power button, or time goes out...I get a pinkish blinking notification light coming on.

The second I bring it back for either to the swipe to unlock screen, or the password screen, it goes out and there are no notifications of any kind be shown.

So I know is obscure, but does anyone have ideas?

Thanks greatly for any help.
    06-27-2016 05:13 AM
    No matter what, when people are investing their money into the latest technology, they are going to want it up to date with the latest software available. That will never change, and people will always complain when they don't have it, which is actually a good thing because it helps keep devolopers from becoming complacent.

It was a great phone and software before the update, and the software is even better after.

I think the odd thing is that AT&T held the update in limbo without applying any more updates to it for quite some time before actually releasing it. I understand and appreciate checking for stability, but they took that to a whole new level.

Been running great on my phone with no issues for I believe over a month now!
    I understand what your saying as I spend $800 a year on a new Note. But I'm willing to wait for a software update as its not that important to me especially if my phone is working perfectly on the current software.

But as I said before the majority of people who purchase smartphones don't know or care about when and if they receive a software update.

The bottom line is whether you got the update a few months ago or just recently you still have it now. Yes they made some nice improvements but it's nothing groundbreaking.

I haven't noticed a single issue with my phone since the update and I have never had an issues with AT&T'S Android updates. So as far as I'm concerned AT&T can take their sweet time with each update and release a stable build as they always do.

06-27-2016 05:41 AM
    Turns out I lied. It's still happening but I can't figure out the conditions. Every once in a while it will prompt me for the password after unlocking using my finger print. Aggravating. I guess a full wipe is in my future. Is this happening to anyone else?
    One more post regarding this topic. At the risk of jinxing myself, I might have fixed this without doing a full wipe. I was also having notification issues such as Hangouts and SMS notifications never showing up. I decided to uninstall Light Flow and since then things have been working as expected. Notifications are working and the fingerprint unlock is as reliable as ever with no secondary prompt for password (unless I restart the phone, but that's expected).

I'll give it another day or two to see if this was the root cause and maybe reinstall Light Flow to see if it was just a matter of it not playing nice with the upgrade process.

-Brett.
    06-27-2016 09:11 AM
    Having used iPhones and Windows Phones in the past I really miss the direct customer to manufacturer relationship. They manage to get the carrier out of the way.
    06-27-2016 01:10 PM
    I'm loving the Marshmallow update. The phone is faster, less lag, batter life about the same, some great changes in the software. Its so sad AT&T took so long to come out with the update.
    06-27-2016 05:28 PM
    I'm loving the Marshmallow update. The phone is faster, less lag, batter life about the same, some great changes in the software. Its so sad AT&T took so long to come out with the update.
    Better late to the game then a
    Broken os in my opinion.
    dakini03 likes this.
    06-27-2016 06:53 PM
    Not singling you out but just in general, people who say the Note 5 has any type of lag either has a defective unit or they are tech clueless. The Note 5's lag is nonexistent on 5.1.1 and I'm sure it is on 6.whatever as well. Nexus fanpeople might say otherwise but I'm sure 99% of non-Nexuspeople will agree.
    06-28-2016 09:03 AM
    Not singling you out but just in general, people who say the Note 5 has any type of lag either has a defective unit or they are tech clueless. The Note 5's lag is nonexistent on 5.1.1 and I'm sure it is on 6.whatever as well. Nexus fanpeople might say otherwise but I'm sure 99% of non-Nexuspeople will agree.
    I agree as I absolutely had no lag on my Note 5 when it was on 5.1.1

06-29-2016 05:50 AM
    I have no lag at all on 5.0.1 and no lag on MM, battery could be better but I'm happy !

jlost likes this.
    06-29-2016 06:46 PM
    Since we had some time with MM on our AT&T Note 5. Please tell me your experience.

07-01-2016 11:09 AM
    Since we had some time with MM on our AT&T Note 5. Please tell me your experience.

I side loaded it and I've had it for a few weeks, and it sems pretty good. My battery life hasn't improved, but it hasn't gotten worse. I love good lock, everybody should try it. I have a ton of routines for anywhere I am.
    I've been meaning to bring it to best buy for months to see if my battery is messed up, but I've never gotten the chance. I plug it in everytime I'm near a charger and it still barely makes a day. Gsam says I use about 130%-140% of the battery each day. Usually about 4 hours screen on time
    I did a factory reset

07-01-2016 04:05 PM
801 ... 2930313233