Any news on MM note 5 AT&T?? (Update: Out Now!)

bluestl

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: MM ATT update out now!!

My advice to anyone updating to Marshmallow......DON'T!. I did it on my LG G4 (T-Mo) and it has made my phone bad. It is laggy...for example....when I pick on a folder to open an app...it will take 3 to 5 seconds to open up. When I go to text someone, I type the word and nothing displays....all of a sudden.....WHAMO!....all the words are there.

I was so excited to get the update......wish I didn't install it...but you live and learn.

Then again, this is my LG G4 and I am on T-Mo....your results may vary. I have heard people say they love it...while others are saying the same comments as me.

bluestl

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site

Yep I just checked and it's available

Sucks but I also need to wait until I get home later ugh !!

Any noticeable changes that stands out if I may ask ?

Other than DOZE.....I haven't noticed anything. My battery does drain quicker. I go to bed at 100% battery...I wake up 6-7 hours later and I am at 85% usually.....without doing anything. I close out all apps before I charge it. I am on a LG G4...so, it might be different on yours.

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

My advice to anyone updating to Marshmallow......DON'T!. I did it on my LG G4 (T-Mo) and it has made my phone bad. It is laggy..

Well so far, mine is screaming. I use an 8 digit pin code and for the first time, I can type it in at full speed. No lag found on anything yet. Quick, responsive, keyboard is rapid and easy to do. No problems found so far.

Posted via the Android Central App

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

Went home for lunch and I checked and there it was. Began downloading and slow as molasses! My guess is that it will take a good hour to DL...perhaps because their servers were getting banged. Once I left wifi range it stopped DLing and then I was informed it would resume once I hit the wifi again.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Any news on MM note 5 AT&T??

Should I re-enable all of the bloat (using Package Disabler Pro) before I install the update??? :confused:

robert denaro

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site

I am currently downloading the new set OTA. I saw someone else said it's just a security update, but the file I'm currently downloading is 1.6GB. Seem rather large for a security update?

dzstoys

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site

After almost two hours my update is at 51%, there is no way it will be done downloading before I go to lunch today. Is it OK to take the phone with me when I go?

I don't know if the download will pause and resume when I get back to the office or if it will have to start over again.

jeremyds45

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site

Other than DOZE.....I haven't noticed anything. My battery does drain quicker. I go to bed at 100% battery...I wake up 6-7 hours later and I am at 85% usually.....without doing anything. I close out all apps before I charge it. I am on a LG G4...so, it might be different on yours.

This has nothing to do with the Note 5

rpdc

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

I downloaded the update. I want to do a factory reset. Do I need to backup to my computer or can I depend on my Google account back up?
Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Galaxy Note 5

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

The download will either resume when you come back or start over. Check to see if it leaves you a message when you disconnect from Wi-Fi.

Roguefoxx

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

Good to see it's the same version as what has been being sideloaded for the last month or so. The downloading it and sideloading is probably a faster process than downloading the OTA! =P

rpdc

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

If I do a factory reset can I restore my data from my Google Account or should I back up to my computer as well?

Thanks.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

If I do a factory reset can I restore my data from my Google Account or should I back up to my computer as well?

Thanks.

I would do both, but that's just me!

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

I would let Google restore it, however I would also backed it up to my computer. Photos and documents for example.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae