Any news on MM note 5 AT&T?? (Update: Out Now!)

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Re: Any news on MM note 5 AT&T??

I've been thinking about the Nexus but I'm actually one of those people who use the S Pen for drawing. So it would be a tough call. Just I hate AT&T especially with how long it takes them to do anything. I was thinking on maybe T-Mobile... but to change carriers just for updates seem silly lol.

I wanted both wireless charging and the thumbprint open. That combo is a winner for me and hopefully the next iteration will have it. I like the S Pen but quick updates plus no bloatware and skins are more pluses. I've heard HTC will be making it....the last HTC phone I owned (Rezound) had a great antenna so I'll be looking forward to it's release, when, October?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I wanted both wireless charging and the thumbprint open. That combo is a winner for me and hopefully the next iteration will have it. I like the S Pen but quick updates plus no bloatware and skins are more pluses. I've heard HTC will be making it....the last HTC phone I owned (Rezound) had a great antenna so I'll be looking forward to it's release, when, October?

Past Nexus devices have been released about that time.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

I don't get why some are so scared of an update. I've had several Android phones over the years and never had any problems with updates, they always made things better, which is what updates are for.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

I don't get why some are so scared of an update. I've had several Android phones over the years and never had any problems with updates, they always made things better, which is what updates are for.

Because I have been burned before.

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

Went from K to L on a note 3. Ran glitchy. Did a reset and ran perfect. A lot of people don't want to do the reset. I didn't either, but once I bit the bullet, it was heaven. Ran nice and smooth afterwards.

Posted via the Android Central App

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site

After any large OS update on any platform, it's wise to do a full reset and start fresh. Too much code change to roll into an upgrade and expect perfection.

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site

Waiting and waiting. My Note5 gets buggy at times. My next phone may be a carrier free Note 6 or a sequel to the LG V10. IPhone may be a last resort because iTunes have movies that Google Play Movies dont have

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

Waiting and waiting. My Note5 gets buggy at times. My next phone may be a carrier free Note 6 or a sequel to the LG V10. IPhone may be a last resort because iTunes have movies that Google Play Movies dont have

Yeah, I've been waiting for the update so I could do a factory refresh on mine, it's been glitchy at times.

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site

Like 2 months ago I decided to wait for marshmallow so I can factory reset when I get it. I didn't want to factory reset twice so I've been waiting since then. Hopefully it comes at some point this month

From my AT&T Note 5 paired with my larger Asus Zenwatch 2

bovineman61

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site

Well I guess, we keep waiting and waiting....

As I have said in a previous post. I really think AT&T has decided to skip MM for the Note 5 and S6. I know they say it's coming but the refuse to say when. The refreshing news is the FCC investigation going on over carriers and manufactures either skipping updates or releasing them in an untimely manor. My hope is the FCC coming down hard on the carriers which I feel is the biggest offenders. I know most new android versions not only have additional features but they also contain security updates. Failure to push updates only put us users at risk.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

Went from K to L on a note 3. Ran glitchy. Did a reset and ran perfect. A lot of people don't want to do the reset. I didn't either, but once I bit the bullet, it was heaven. Ran nice and smooth afterwards.

+1 This sums up 99% of everything that can be said about updates.

3 Things happen and all are fixed with a factory reset (which is the same thing you end up with if you go buy a new phone in aggravation)

1) Left overs. The new OS installs over the old OS and some left over bits of the old one causes problems. Maybe in the cache.
2) App issues with the new OS. Apps adapt themselves to a point to the OS they are installed on. They sometimes don't adapt well causing issues (remember seeing the "updating apps" screen during an upgrade)
3) Apps that simply don't do welll with the new OS, due to age or poor design.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

As I have said in a previous post. I really think AT&T has decided to skip MM for the Note 5 and S6. I know they say it's coming but the refuse to say when. The refreshing news is the FCC investigation going on over carriers and manufactures either skipping updates or releasing them in an untimely manor. My hope is the FCC coming down hard on the carriers which I feel is the biggest offenders. I know most new android versions not only have additional features but they also contain security updates. Failure to push updates only put us users at risk.

Yep, as has been said repeatedly in response to your feelings... it isn't going to happen. There are a lot of Note 5's out there. If they just skip the update completely it will be a huge issue. N won't be out until the fall. That is 4-6 months away yet. If they haven't started MM yet, then maybe, but sine they clearly have started work on it, they will release it.

I am hoping that Note 6 comes with N. The #1 thing I hate about the Note series it that it is the last phone to come out BEFORE the upgrade cycle begins. Lets get N on the Note 6 and be done with it. I am on a 12 month Next plan, so that I can upgrade each year when the new device comes out.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site

No way Samsung is going to go straight to N for the Note 5. As boufa says above, that's like Sept-Nov 2016. It's not ready even for Nexus phones yet. Not sure what the delay is, but Samsung isn't going to cut into it's future sales for the Note 6 by gifting N to the "old" Note 5...

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site

I've recently heard about the FCC and carrier software updates. How will this affect Android in the future? Do you think we can live in a perfect world some day where AT&T doesn't take months to update their bloat?

From my AT&T Note 5 paired with my larger Asus Zenwatch 2

cogic740

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site

Just a theory on why AT&T has not done any MM updates on Samsung. AT&T wants customers to use more of their bloatware apps and is pressing Samsung to cut back some of theirs. Leaving user with less or no choice. I know it's crazy. But I'm bored.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech