Any news on MM note 5 AT&T?? (Update: Out Now!)

yvonne2009

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: Any news on MM note 5 AT&T??

I must admit..... I'M GETTING DESPERATE!! . Seriously, this has take way too long.

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Mod note: cleaned up some posts. Let's remember to keep things on topic, and civil.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

ATT has fallen way behind the other carriers in getting things out to their customers. It really is sad. I have lost a lot of respect for them but I wont pay the high prices of Verizon

imarek3

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site

ATT has fallen way behind the other carriers in getting things out to their customers. It really is sad. I have lost a lot of respect for them but I wont pay the high prices of Verizon

AT&T used to always be faster than Verizon on getting updates out the door. I too have lost a little respect for AT&T. My thought is that they are wanting to push people towards the newer phones that already have Marshmallow on it and after they milk that money cow enough, then they will release the updates for last year's phones.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

By the time they get around to it I will be focused on my yearly upgrade to the Note 6 from the 5 this Summer with Android N.

bovineman61

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site

By the time they get around to it I will be focused on my yearly upgrade to the Note 6 from the 5 this Summer with Android N.

Not to be snarky but AT&T will get devices with Android "N" on them when everyone else will be on Android "P" or so it seems.

bovineman61

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site

Let's hope so. With all the bugs I am seeing, i don't want it.

The thing I am wondering is if those that are having problems are running third party apps they didn't get from google play. I see a few complaints but not sure if these are widespread or isolated insidences.

athomas917

May 27, 2013
Visit site

Well it's official, ATT has failed us again. T-Mobile just got the MM update.

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

Hey, I'm all for a stable version of MM! but come on AT&T!!

raylock

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site

My battery sucks big time and I'm not even a heavy user. It will last until about 7pm from an early morning 100% charge. Not sure what drains it so bad!
I just checked my Note 5 (running Marshmallow) and I see that 56% of the battery usage today was for the screen. cell standby was 13%, android OS 10% and a few others lesser amounts. I am at 48% now at 10 PM. I am not a heavy user but I do spend quite a bit of time reading emails and texts. I updated to marshmallow the day I got the phone (unlocked) so I don't have any experience with the prior OS.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Personally, I want them to take as much time as they need....as I've spent a great deal of time here, assisting folks who updated to MM, I'll wait. :-D

And I've learned never to update on day one. I didn't upgrade my Note 4 and Note Edge to Lollipop till January.

I plan on waiting a long time before I upgrade my Note 5 to MM.

I remember my Nexus 4 being unusable when Lollipop first came out. I was able to go back to KitKat. When Google released 5.1.1, I tried it again but this time on my Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 and both were again unusable. Check the Nexus 4 and 7 forums here for plenty of others who's devices were unusable. To this day, my Nexus 4 and 7 are on KitKat. I still use them occasionally. I remember one update on KitKat where Google completely forgot to finish the design on the dialer for my Nexus 4. They released an update a week or two later to fix that.

Just because it is a Nexus doesn't mean it's safe from bugs or other problems.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Is that good lock feature only a mm feature? I'm asking because I woke up to charge my phone and I now have a different lock screen when Im charging, but I'm still on lollipop. It won't let me screen shot it to show what I'm talking about. It's a teal blue screen with charging, continue, and trickle. There's a pic under that. Then at the bottom it says slide to unlock.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

For some reason the other one isn't showing

Attachments

• 1461061473021.jpg
    1461061473021.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 87

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Nevermind. Apparently i downloaded something on my phone that made this come up. I uninstalled everything i downloaded yesterday to get rid of it. I have no idea what app that came from.

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

I still have the same lock screen on 5.1.1 still no MM for AT&T Note 5. Not sure what's up AT&T

ekerbudeeeek

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site

What app is that? I tried to download good lock but it says my device isn't compatible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1