Any news on MM note 5 AT&T?? (Update: Out Now!)

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Any news on MM note 5 AT&T??

Still nothing? Man, I was expecting it in March and we are almost in May. Wonder what's taking it so long.

movielover76

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

What are you jealous about? The way it breaks phones and makes it really unfortunate to have it?

The mm update has been a dream on my T-Mobile note5 and my wife's s6. Faster, better multitasking, doze extends battery life when not being used. It's great.

Most reports of problems are people who haven't reset their phones despite issues.
We didn't have to reset our phones but it always happens to some people after a big update.

Hope AT&T gets off its *** and rolls it out soon.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

As are many people, I too am waiting for Marshmallow - even though Lollipop is working very nicely now! I just purchased a new handgun and made a new wallpaper based on the gun. I added a tag line that I thought some of you might get a kick out of... my "Gun Friends" don't get it!!!

Screenshot_2016-04-21-15-44-10.jpg

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site

At this point I'm wondering if I should switch to a new carrier or just get this years nexus phone lol... I love Samsung phones but the Samsung updates with the carriers is just a bit out of hand.

Last edited:

athomas917

May 27, 2013
Visit site

Did you recently install a cleaner or memory optimization tool? It looks like one of their lockscreens.

Posted via the Android Central App

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site

Because Google has security updates every month, and when you don't get updates then sometimes you can be many months behind

From my AT&T Note 5 paired with my larger Asus Zenwatch 2

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site

I really wanna try good lock, but you can't get it without marshmallow :(

PinkLipstick

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

I really wanna try good lock, but you can't get it without marshmallow :(

There are several new apps out that I want to try also, including Good Lock. The way things are looking, we may have to just wait on the Note 6 to come out and then maybe we will have our update... or even Android N (wishful thinking)

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

I'm not sure why it's taking them so long! What's up AT&T?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I'm not sure why it's taking them so long! What's up AT&T?

AT&T usually is really slow with updates. Lately in the newer phones they're also becoming the worst with bloat (their DirectTV stuff) so I assume that is the case with the Note 5 update.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

At this point I'm wondering if I should switch to a new carrier or just get this years nexus phone lol... I love Samsung phones but the Samsung updates with the carriers is just a bit out of hand.

It's not Samsung, it's the carriers. All of the other carriers have released it so AT&T is to blame. I was with AT&T last year on my Note 4 and I'm pretty sure they were the last carrier to push out Lollipop. I have since switched to T-Mobile (wanted unlimited data back) and installed Marshmallow last week, I didn't do a factory reset and have had zero issues. Keep in mind that Samsung will push the update to the carriers and then the carriers will add their own bloatware/ disable features, then test it and then push it out. AT&T is usually the last carrier to push out the update, it'll be worth it though, nice performance improvements with Marshmallow.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Tired of this BS!! ****

Tired of AT&T bulls***!!!

So I guess we should take this as a sign that at&t hates it's customers on samsung phones because the LG G3, yes G3 like a 2gen old phone, got marshmallow! Wtf!? Thanks for the awesomeness!!... Not!

Samsung galaxy note 5 32GB
Running 5.1.1
On AT&T

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Tired of this BS!! ****

They're probably optimizing the OS for Samsung devices. You don't want a crap update like Sprint received do you. The update doesn't do anything fantastic, why stress about it.

rpdc

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

I have to say it seems ridiculous that they would update the G3 before the Note 5. And I'm still on the February security update. This will be my last carrier branded phone.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Galaxy Note 5

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

It's Freaky Friday.
This kind of nonsense is what Verizon customers normally deal with, while AT&T gets all the goodies first. This time, Verizon was first.
It's Freaky Friday.

Soylent_Green

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site

They're probably optimizing the OS for Samsung devices. You don't want a crap update like Sprint received do you. The update doesn't do anything fantastic, why stress about it.

Perfectly fine on my Sprint Note 5 not one single issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers