Any news on MM note 5 AT&T?? (Update: Out Now!)

bovineman61

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Re: Any news on MM note 5 AT&T??

Yep, as has been said repeatedly in response to your feelings... it isn't going to happen. There are a lot of Note 5's out there. If they just skip the update completely it will be a huge issue. N won't be out until the fall. That is 4-6 months away yet. If they haven't started MM yet, then maybe, but sine they clearly have started work on it, they will release it.

I am hoping that Note 6 comes with N. The #1 thing I hate about the Note series it that it is the last phone to come out BEFORE the upgrade cycle begins. Lets get N on the Note 6 and be done with it. I am on a 12 month Next plan, so that I can upgrade each year when the new device comes out.

The only way the Note 5 sold by AT&T will aver see MM is with cyanogen mod 13 unfortunately. I do think a tiff happened between AT&T and Samsung. This makes sense because the other carriers had it within a couple of weeks of each other and us Note 5 users on AT&T were unfortunately left out in the cold. About android N. We won't be seeing that until cyanogen comes out with it. Kind of a bummer as most of us are on 2 year plans which means every other year look forward to being screwed by AT&T.

Tayloj92

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

The only way the Note 5 sold by AT&T will aver see MM is with cyanogen mod 13 unfortunately. I do think a tiff happened between AT&T and Samsung. This makes sense because the other carriers had it within a couple of weeks of each other and us Note 5 users on AT&T were unfortunately left out in the cold. About android N. We won't be seeing that until cyanogen comes out with it. Kind of a bummer as most of us are on 2 year plans which means every other year look forward to being screwed by AT&T.

Last I heard you couldn't root ATT branded notes. So nope cm13 not possible. It's gonna come eventually but when is obviously yet to be seen.

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Kind of a bummer as most of us are on 2 year plans which means every other year look forward to being screwed by AT&T.
Nexus devices for the most part should work on AT&T. The unlocked HTC 10 will too. It's just a matter of finding the right phone that has the proper bands. Since it's not an AT&T branded phone, some features will be missing like HD voice and such, but at least with unlocked phones, you can either root/ROM or expect updates in reasonable times.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

I successfully rooted and installed CM 13 on an AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3. Works pretty good actually.

That's the GS3, newer galaxy phones are a different story. Starting with the Note 4, they have been pretty much unrootable thanks to Knox. And even if somehow root is achieved, it'll disable Samsung pay.

cogic740

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site

Let's see AT&T fans, no MM or any security updates since February for a flagship smartphone that,is less than a year old. With nothing but silence or confusion from carrier. I guess customer service is not a priority .

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Thread temporarily closed for Moderator review.

Edit: Cleaned up some posts. This will be the last warning. Please stay on topic, and keep the discussion civil. Thread subscribed.

Last edited:

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

Let's see AT&T fans, no MM or any security updates since February for a flagship smartphone that,is less than a year old. With nothing but silence or confusion from carrier. I guess customer service is not a priority .

I haven't had issues with customer service through AT&T. Waiting for the update can be frustrating, but have patience. It's coming.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

I have had great customer service.

I have been with AT&T over 10 years and have always had great customer service. I have also have great coverage wherever I travel even in rural areas. Their software updates have always been very stable and that's what is important to me.

Posted via the AT&T Note 5

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

I been with AT&T for 6 years using a Samsung Note 5. I have 7 Lines and never had a problem with customer service. Not to happy about the MM update though. I'm sure it will come soon.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

I been with AT&T for 6 years using a Samsung Note 5. I have 7 Lines and never had a problem with customer service. Not to happy about the MM update though. I'm sure it will come soon.

How's that possible? The Note 5 is like a year old.

xisruno

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site

Over at XDA someone has posted a link to the AT&T server MM update. Not sure if it is the release or beta version. But it is 6.0.1

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site

Att released it for the s6 today

From my AT&T Note 5 paired with my larger Asus Zenwatch 2

Tayloj92

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

Maybe we'll see it by the end of the week. Cant wait to get this update so I can factory reset my phone.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc