Any news on MM note 5 AT&T?? (Update: Out Now!)

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Any news on MM note 5 AT&T??

Yeah, totally Samsung's fault you bought a phone knowing it had no removable battery and then bricked it, messing around where you weren't meant to.

Yeah exactly and he actually thinks Samsung is bringing back a removable battery on the Note 6 lol. I just don't understand why a software update is that important that you can't just wait until AT&T releases it. OK they are the last carrier to release it big deal. Move on with your life and when AT&T releases it they will

Posted via the AT&T Note 5

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

Have battery problem with mine too. Can't get a full day...

I take my phone off the charger at 5 am and when I go to bed I easily have 30 to 40% left. I am a moderate to heavy user also and I'm constantly using my phone throughout the day for work purposes.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

I take my phone off the charger at 5 am and when I go to bed I easily have 30 to 40% left. I am a moderate to heavy user also and I'm constantly using my phone throughout the day for work purposes.

You may have great signal. For me, I have anywhere from full 4g to low LTE. My battery is OK by the end of the day.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

You may have great signal. For me, I have anywhere from full 4g to low LTE. My battery is OK by the end of the day.

Your right I do have a great signal wherever I travel and even in rural areas. But a low signal will kill the battery on any phone

floroorida

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site

I Just spoke to an AT&T rep and they said the Note 5 is next in line as soon as the LG G3 and S6 update is complete. Not sure when that will be, I always take what reps say with hesitation...but at least we are next in line ( as they say). I would say early June would be a safe bet?? ( but I have no idea lol)

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

I Just spoke to an AT&T rep and they said the Note 5 is next in line as soon as the LG G3 and S6 update is complete. Not sure when that will be, I always take what reps say with hesitation...but at least we are next in line ( as they say). I would say early June would be a safe bet?? ( but I have no idea lol)

Reps are the last people to know. They may be right, or they maybe trying to give you an answer just to end a conversation. I would imagine that every person who has called AT&T (or any other rep at any other company) has gotten every answer under the sun. I personally don't bother them. I might as well have a meeting with the toothfairy and the easter bunny and see when they think it will come out.

To be less snarky with it.... The company I work for has been purchased and we are awaiting government approval for the deal to close. I can seem knowledgeable to a customer, but in the end, I don't have any clue when it will be approved, if it will be approved, or what that means for the company. But people turn to me for answers, and sometimes I have to try to give them, but in the end I don't have any idea. It would be similar to customer service reps having any idea on the release of anything, update, new device, etc.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site

If you guys follow the process carefully, it should work without issue. My first attempt made me nervous - the package I downloaded was apparently corrupt (or the MD5 didn't verify, I never checked). This was the error. Once it rebooted, it was still on 5.1.1 - fully wiped. Concerning...

http://i.imgur.com/TCTu4Cy.jpg

I re-downloaded the file again and re-flashed in adb sideload. Worked fine the second time. This is what you want to see if it worked properly:

http://i.imgur.com/yk41xy6.jpg

So the entire process was pretty simple and straightforward. I understand if anyone is skeptical and wants to wait. I was done waiting so I flashed it. My first attempt failed due to a corrupt/incomplete package download. It's 1.4 gigs, so sometimes downloading a file of that size will have bit/byte errors. Just re-download it and try again (I did directly from AT&T's servers).

Runs flawlessly. Given the build date of both security and the kernel, I'm positive this is the OTA that's going to go out whenever AT&T flips the switch. You guys are gonna love it. Fixes a lot of issues and seems bug-free so far.

raruhs

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

What still amaze me is that Samsung has not bypass all carrier at all. This craziness of having a carrier modifying the software after Samsung has always makes me sick. Carrier should have a participation with Samsung to test and then Samsung release the update. Carrier will never be on time and diligent to deliver updates, even if they are security updates, they just care to sell new phone (also Samsung is to blame). Unfortunately for a lot of people, including myself, the upfront cost of buying and unbranded phone or other nexus phone makes very difficult to break the cycle...

Good luck to all that will try.

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

Yeah exactly and he actually thinks Samsung is bringing back a removable battery on the Note 6 lol. I just don't understand why a software update is that important that you can't just wait until AT&T releases it. OK they are the last carrier to release it big deal. Move on with your life and when AT&T releases it they will

I have already stated that my temporary bricked device was my fault. Clearly do the sideloading at your own risk. All I was pointing out was that if this had been any of the other Note phones I could have removed the battery and it would have shutoff. And as for the Note 6 having a removable battery or not well unless you haven't read any of the rumor reports I guess you're right but every speculation on the planet currently is stating that the Note 6 will indeed have a removable battery.

The thing I don't get is that there are threads on this forum that don't interest me so I don't enter or participate so since there are several people in this thread who could care less if MM ever comes to the Note 5 why are they following this thread so intently?

So some of us are as excited as an 8 year old on Christmas Eve. Let us be excited.

Post Edit
It was pointed out to me and I concur that a removable battery on the Note 6 is not looking good any longer!

Last edited:

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

I have already stated that my temporary bricked device was my fault. Clearly do the sideloading at your own risk. All I was pointing out was that if this had been any of the other Note phones I could have removed the battery and it would have shutoff. And as for the Note 6 having a removable battery or not well unless you haven't read any of the rumor reports I guess you're right but every speculation on the planet currently is stating that the Note 6 will indeed have a removable battery.

The thing I don't get is that there are threads on this forum that don't interest me so I don't enter or participate so since there are several people in this thread who could care less if MM ever comes to the Note 5 why are they following this thread so intently?

So some of us are as excited as an 8 year old on Christmas Eve. Let us be excited.

That's odd. I have not read any new rumors stating that it will have a removable battery.

I hope we are next to get MM, but if it's not ready then I would rather have a working phone then a brick one.

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

If you guys follow the process carefully, it should work without issue. My first attempt made me nervous - the package I downloaded was apparently corrupt (or the MD5 didn't verify, I never checked). This was the error. Once it rebooted, it was still on 5.1.1 - fully wiped. Concerning...

http://i.imgur.com/TCTu4Cy.jpg

I re-downloaded the file again and re-flashed in adb sideload. Worked fine the second time. This is what you want to see if it worked properly:

http://i.imgur.com/yk41xy6.jpg

So the entire process was pretty simple and straightforward. I understand if anyone is skeptical and wants to wait. I was done waiting so I flashed it. My first attempt failed due to a corrupt/incomplete package download. It's 1.4 gigs, so sometimes downloading a file of that size will have bit/byte errors. Just re-download it and try again (I did directly from AT&T's servers).

Runs flawlessly. Given the build date of both security and the kernel, I'm positive this is the OTA that's going to go out whenever AT&T flips the switch. You guys are gonna love it. Fixes a lot of issues and seems bug-free so far.

Do you have a link to the instructions that you followed to do this? I ask because it doesn't look like you renamed your adb file with a zip extension.

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

That's odd. I have not read any new rumors stating that it will have a removable battery.

I hope we are next to get MM, but if it's not ready then I would rather have a working phone then a brick one.

I stand corrected as I must have looked at some earlier reports. It appears now that a replaceable battery looks bleak due to the waterproofing idea. I'll say this though, if the Note 6 isn't going to ship with Android N there is no way I'm going to but it this fall with MM and wait till next summer for AT&T to catch up with the rest of the world!

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a link to the instructions that you followed to do this? I ask because it doesn't look like you renamed your adb file with a zip extension.

I'm on mobile now but its the XDA link I posted above on this thread. I did rename the file (.bin) to a zip. You can name it whatever you want. I did "ota.zip" as that's easier to type than the crazy long file name.

adb sidoad ota.zip

And you're off. The program will extract all the OS parts of the file in order during the side load flash, which is what you see on my image.

The result. It's a brand new build which is why I'm certain is the soon to be released OTA.

http://i.imgur.com/2PJ9Hpx.jpg

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

Exactly Samsung is not bringing back a removable battery on the Note 6 and I have interest in having one. The battery life is amazing on the Note 5 and I buy a new phone every year anyway.

I also want the MM update but want AT&T to take as long as they need to so they release a stable update. Every Android I have received from AT&T has been great and I haven't had a single issue with one of them. I would like to keep it that way.

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site

To the people who got marshmallow manually, does good lock work with it? I heard that it works with marshmallow touchwiz devices, I just wanna make sure att didn't block it.

From my AT&T Note 5 paired with my larger Asus Zenwatch 2

Idelgado782

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

To the people who got marshmallow manually, does good lock work with it? I heard that it works with marshmallow touchwiz devices, I just wanna make sure att didn't block it.

It works. Im using it now. I downloaded it from the Samsung app store with no issues. I'm still trying to figure it out.

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. I might need to get the update manually so I can try it out.
I'll probably do it when I finish finals this week

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site

Good lock does work, but I hated it, so uninstalled inside of 30 minutes. Turns the LTE indicator into "4g," is purple with no way to change, and the app sub notification menus are annoyingly truncated on the left/right. I don't get the swooning over this app. It's hideous, IMO.

Tayloj92

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

Are there any screenshots of goods lock

Android authority did a whole video I wanna say last week on YouTube about it. It seems interesting I'm gonna try it once the Ota for MM comes.

Posted via my AT&T Note 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton