Any news on MM note 5 AT&T?? (Update: Out Now!)

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Any news on MM note 5 AT&T??

I am waiting for the OTA . To nervous I will mess up my phone. Thanks everyone for all your input. Please keep me updated on MM.

Posted via the Android Central App

Brandon Lambert

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site

All this bullcrap waiting for Samsung/ATT to push updates is the exact reason why I now have a Nexus 6P. I love the nexus and I love that I am rocking N right now. I will only own nexus devices from now on.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

I'd like to get the new Nexus when HTC's version comes out sometime this year. Unfortunately I'm in the Next program so that would not seem to be in the cards for me.

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site

I wouldn't know if the phone had an update at all because I have updates disabled. I get 7+ hours of SOT with 24+ hours between charges and this thing has been rock solid since day one. Why possibly ruin a good thing? For Doze? For a new color scheme? I think not. Some of you guys crack me up.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

I wouldn't know if the phone had an update at all because I have updates disabled. I get 7+ hours of SOT with 24+ hours between charges and this thing has been rock solid since day one. Why possibly ruin a good thing? For Doze? For a new color scheme? I think not. Some of you guys crack me up.

Precisely my thoughts exactly.

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site

Some people don't get those kind of results. I get about 2.5 hours sot. Hopefully doze will help

From my AT&T Note 5 paired with my larger Asus Zenwatch 2

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

What cracks me up is implying that 7+ hours of SOT and 24+ hours between charges is anywhere near typical.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

How do you disable updates on a AT&T Note 5? I looked everywhere in the settings and didn't see anything about disabling updates. AT&T supposedly says you can't disable it which of course I took with a grain of salt. They also state that if you get a software update notification and decline it 3 times it will automatically start updating when you connect to WIFI.

I waited to update my girlfriend's AT&T S6 to MM to make sure people weren't having major issues. She didn't have any issues with the update but I also cleared the system cache and did a factory reset as I always do with any software update.

Posted via the AT&T Note 5

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

My Note 5 never notifies me of updates because it is rooted. I am still on Lollipop and plan on staying there. The battery life on the ROM I am using is outstanding.

I don't think there is a way to disable updates any other way then being rooted.

zCirca

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site

How do you disable updates on a AT&T Note 5? I looked everywhere in the settings and didn't see anything about disabling updates. AT&T supposedly says you can't disable it which of course I took with a grain of salt. They also state that if you get a software update notification and decline it 3 times it will automatically start updating when you connect to WIFI.

I waited to update my girlfriend's AT&T S6 to MM to make sure people weren't having major issues. She didn't have any issues with the update but I also cleared the system cache and did a factory reset as I always do with any software update.

Posted via the AT&T Note 5

Package Disabler Pro allows you to and I'll assume he uses that.

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

With all due respect, to the people who don't care about MM I understand and respect your option. My self I want to reset my phone when I receive the MM.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

With all due respect, to the people who don't care about MM I understand and respect your option. My self I want to reset my phone when I receive the MM.

I agree with the OP here. If you want to make a discussion on why you think it will be awful please do so -- but don't hijack the thread. Rmbrown just wants updates on when he will get MM and wants them to be posted here for quick reference :).

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

I agree with the OP here. If you want to make a discussion on why you think it will be awful please do so -- but don't hijack the thread. Rmbrown just wants updates on when he will get MM and wants them to be posted here for quick reference :).

Thank you Almeuit

rgriffin25

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

I call BS on this. Screen shots or it didn't happen. I'm plugged into a charger so frequently with my N5 I feel like I have a land line. I never use my phone anywhere near 7 hours. Yesterday I took my phone off the charger at 9 am and at 4 pm it was at 43% and I had maybe 30 min SOT.

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site

I call BS on this. Screen shots or it didn't happen. I'm plugged into a charger so frequently with my N5 I feel like I have a land line. I never use my phone anywhere near 7 hours. Yesterday I took my phone off the charger at 9 am and at 4 pm it was at 43% and I had maybe 30 min SOT.
Don't want to hijack the thread anymore but you asked so I'll provide. This is an older screenshot, I took it the first time I hit 7 hours SOT hence, the exact 7 hours showing. Didn't quite hit 24 hours on a charge this time but close. About 20 hours and 7 SOT ain't bad.

Attachments

• 1464041591395.jpg
    1464041591395.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 72

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech