Any news on MM note 5 AT&T?? (Update: Out Now!)

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: Any news on MM note 5 AT&T??

Was tempted to side load Marshmallow on my phone so I looked over the warranty for the Note 5. Since the version that sideloaders are using is not OTA it is thus unauthorized software and to put it on your phone will void the warranty. Attaining root access will also void your warranty as well. So if you decide to sideload, do so at your own peril. Yes it does thoroughly suck to have to wait as long as we have but waiting is advisable if you value your warranty. This is a link to the general warranty for Samsung devices. Samsung.

All you do is flash the device back to official version. As long on as side loaded software is wiped from the phone you should be good

Samsung galaxy note 5 32GB
Running 5.1.1
On AT&T

cheburashka

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

EDIT: It seems the "And?" post I replied to was deleted?

AND????

AND... Note 5 is Samsung's flagship phone (now 2nd newest) vs Note 4 which is older! this is BS! I'm all for them taking time to make things work but... seriously, this is ridiculous. MM is now a year old, N will be out soon, EVERYONE including some MUCH OLDER devices have gotten the update or are getting it now! year after year AT&T fuks us over. WHY??? do they WANT? customers to jump ship??? and don't tell me to "get a nexus".

I've never been THIS upset with AT&T about them not updating a flagship phone. Hey, I could have stayed with my note 3, which still works excellent, NOT pay more $, and NOT lose my 3GB/$30 data plan... hell in fact I could've just cancelled service all-together when contract ended. Calling over wifi with Viber, WhatsUp, or Fb is more than enough for me. I am connected to Wifi more than 95% of the time anyway. AT&T WHY am I paying you money at all???

PS. Sorry, needed to vent.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

Why does upgrading the OS make you want to jump ship? They have us a security update this month so other than that I don't understand. Does your phone not work?

dakini03

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

All you do is flash the device back to official version. As long on as side loaded software is wiped from the phone you should be good

Samsung galaxy note 5 32GB
Running 5.1.1
On AT&T

Right, in addition sideloading doesn't affect the status of the phone or trip knox. The phone is still "official" and listed as such. And as noted, the firmware can be flashed back to completely stock official ATT firmware in about 5 minutes.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

Why does upgrading the OS make you want to jump ship? They have us a security update this month so other than that I don't understand. Does your phone not work?

They also added the infamous Carrier IQ back into the operating system with the security update. They call it IQ Agent now though.
Have a look under running apps and check Android System. My battery has taken a noticeable hit since the update, and I know this wasn't there before.

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

I do not see this agent thing

Attachments

• 1464890957664.jpg
    1464890957664.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 87

cheburashka

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

yes, it is because the carriers keep screwing with the phones and with us. they block and delete features, add junk apps that we cant uninstall unless you root and void warranty, and then take forever to update.... every year same bs, and this year even Verizon Note 4!!! gets the update sooner. TMo released their update back in March I think? Why bother with AT&T then? Just buying international version (although a bit more expensive but unmarred) will let me have updates direct from Samsung. And since I'm on wifi all the time, literally, maybe I ought to just dump AT&T and save me a whole bunch of $$$ (hence the jumping ship part).

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

Under Android System.

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-02-11-27-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-06-02-11-27-18.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 127

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

Yes I don't understand this at all. My girlfriend just got MM for her AT&T S6 and it's really nothing special at all.

Posted via the AT&T Note 5

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

Yes I don't understand this at all. My girlfriend just got MM for her AT&T S6 and it's really nothing special at all. If you feel the need to jump carriers over their update schedule then just go to another carrier. I will never leave AT&T because their service is great wherever I travel and not to mention I get 20% off my entire bill with no upgrade fees and 20% off all accessories purchased from AT&T from my job.

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site

So I sideloaded marshmallow, and everything worked fine except it just put me back on 5.1.1. I was getting really excited as I was doing the setup, but it was kinda suspicious because it took like 3 minutes for the whole process.
Anything that I did wrong?

dakini03

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

So I sideloaded marshmallow, and everything worked fine except it just put me back on 5.1.1. I was getting really excited as I was doing the setup, but it was kinda suspicious because it took like 3 minutes for the whole process.
Anything that I did wrong?

It probably means that the file you used was corrupt. It takes much longer than three minutes for the sideload, so when you have a corrupt file it ends quickly and resets you into 5.1. To avoid that, use a checksum application on the file to verify the file is ok. In the post that links to the PE6 file, there is also an MD5 sum.

Before you go further, do this: boot into Recovery mode, and see if at the bottom of the screen there is any message such as dm-verity verification failed. That's very important.

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the help.
In recovery it doesn't say that dm-verity failed. It says
#MANUAL MODE#
-- Appling Multi-CSC...
Applied the CSC-code : ATT
Successfully applied multi-CSC.

I would like to download the file straight from att's website, but I couldn't find the file on there. Can someone provide a link
I really appreciate the help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca