Any news on MM note 5 AT&T?? (Update: Out Now!)

dakini03

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Any news on MM note 5 AT&T??

ok that means that no harm was done by the sideload attempt. You can't download the file from the ATT website, it's not available to the public, which is why you have to sideload it. The link on XDA *is* directly from ATT - try downloading it again and do the checksum. In other words, when you download there, you are downloading from ATT servers.

Last edited:

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site

How would you recommend I do the checksum? I'm kinda confused.
Also I was wondering, if I just leave my phone like this until the OTA comes out will I be able to use the OTA, or will it not let me? I have the same baseband version as before and same monthly security update. I'm slightly worried. Should I not be?

dakini03

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

No, you're perfectly fine and you'll be able to receive the OTA fine. You don't need to be worried. That's why I asked you to check for any error messages in Recovery and you have none.

For checksum, if you decide to do it, just search for a checksum app for whatever operating system you use.

josney

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

I am not super worried, but I do hate having the flagship device from ATT, but older devices have it on other carriers. pretty much sucks

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

I am not super worried, but I do hate having the flagship device from ATT, but older devices have it on other carriers. pretty much sucks

It's a good thing I guess for waiting. I've looked at many MM threads and most are having horrible issues with the new MM.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site

For those of you who have side loaded-- are you still able to change your font? I heard MM breaks that feature.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site

I just tested it and seems to work fine. :)

Thanks for answering. Are you using the built in Samsung fonts or did you download your own? I download .ttf files from fontspace.com and install them with the iFont app. I'm hoping I can still do it when/if I get the MM update.

dakini03

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for answering. Are you using the built in Samsung fonts or did you download your own? I download .ttf files from fontspace.com and install them with the iFont app. I'm hoping I can still do it when/if I get the MM update.

I'm using the built in fonts but I'll try one of the fonts you suggest a little later and test it.

rgriffin25

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

Just because Google has announced android version N doesn't mean any device will be seeing it soon. This year's update is later than what it has been on previous Note phones with Att. From my experience, we won't see Android N on this device or Note 6 until around this time next year.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

Since the version that sideloaders are using is not OTA it is thus unauthorized software and to put it on your phone will void the warranty.
The sideloaded releases are downloaded from AT&T's servers and accepted by the phone, which then continues to show its Device Status as "Official". I don't think we have any idea whether AT&T would try to construe that as "unauthorized software", or whether they'd succeed if they tried.

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

If the Note 6 is not shipping with N I will not be buying it in Oct/Nov. There is no way I'm getting it and waiting 6-9 months for N! A couple of you won't agree with this but I don't care! This is utterly ridiculous.

dakini03

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I was able to test it, and you're right. The font can be installed, but when you set it the message is that the font is not supported, and you would need root to use it. You can, however, install a number of fonts from the Galaxy Apps store, although most of those are not free.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

It won't be. The N version is still in beta.

This, unfortunately.

The next Note is already reaching it's final stage. Samsung is releasing it in August, so the thing is probably almost ready for final production... on 6.0.1. Even if Google got N source to partners a little bit early this time, Samsung takes SOOOOOO long to finally get something out there, the only realistic hope I think is that the Note will get N before the end of the year. On launch? That would take a minor miracle.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I don't see carrier version of the next note getting N this year... Highly unlikely

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

I agree I don't believe N will come on the Not6/7. By then "O"will be out lol.

Posted via the Android Central App

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site

Where do you guys suggest I download the Marshmallow file from? There are a ton of forums on XDA, can you provide a link to the right one? The one I downloaded the other day was corrupt and put me back on 5.1.1.
Thanks guys

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty