Any news on MM note 5 AT&T?? (Update: Out Now!)

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Any news on MM note 5 AT&T??

Odin is an official Samsung software utility developed by them.
Odin was indeed developed by Samsung, but is not released/provided by Samsung. It's reasonable to guess that the Odin versions circulating on the web are the same as Samsung uses internally, but that isn't proven, as far as I know. As for the unreleased software being "official", I'm not sure what that even means.

dakini03

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Odin was indeed developed by Samsung, but is not released/provided by Samsung. It's reasonable to guess that the Odin versions circulating on the web are the same as Samsung uses internally, but that isn't proven, as far as I know. As for the unreleased software being "official", I'm not sure what that even means.

I suppose all we know is that's how Samsung flashes a phone. Whether you go to the Samsung store at Best Buy or to an AT&T Service Center, they're both hooked up to Samsung's internal system. At my AT&T Service Center I was told that they have a particularly difficult time flashing the Note 5. Every terminal there will recognize a phone and then error out when it attempts to flash.The guy showed it to me as he did it.

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

I've been thinking about it but am kind of technically slower. Once I have adb and fast boot was it prtty easy from there?

Posted via my AT&T Note 5

Yes it was a breeze today. I think I messed up last time when I downloaded #2 under tools and it finished downloading I clicked open. Today I didn't click anything after it finished downloading, I just went to my file folder and added .zip to its file name and it worked like a charm. So that's the only thing I did different from last time.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Follow this to the T and you will be fine. Get a good cable and make sure the USB port your using has not be wonky lately. install drivers ( first step- they bundled everything for you) then download correct version depending on your build ( step 2) and then follow the rest. simple and easy. you will love you note even more- it should have been this good day 1. MM is a huge step from a stability and snappyness and is well worth the quick side load. also- just copy and past the names into CMD- dont type the file. copy/paste). Update to Marshmallow 6.0.1 Step by Step | AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note5

I was going to wait because I'm scared to sideload, but I'm going to try this in the morning. Hopefully I won't break my phone. Lol

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site

I did it fine, you can too!
Good luck

Sent from my ATT Note 5 paired with a 42mm Asus Zenwatch 2

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

I punked out before I got home. Lol

Aww, the only regret I have is that I'll have to flash it back to 5.1.1 when my AT&T Next contract is up in October and I'm ready to trade it in for a new phone. Why will I have to flash it back to 5.1.1? Well because there's a darn good chance that AT&T Note 5 will still be on 5.1.1 in October and they won't take mine if it's running MM!

Laugh if you want but this could be the truth the way it's going!

Roguefoxx

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

Aww, the only regret I have is that I'll have to flash it back to 5.1.1 when my AT&T Next contract is up in October and I'm ready to trade it in for a new phone. Why will I have to flash it back to 5.1.1? Well because there's a darn good chance that AT&T Note 5 will still be on 5.1.1 in October and they won't take mine if it's running MM!

Haha I did laugh, unfortunately it's the truth!

bmetelsky

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site

Can someone who has done the side load update tell me if the apps and data are deleted in the process?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Lol I don't even know what flashing is. Well at least not when it comes to phones. Hahahaha

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site

Can someone who has done the side load update tell me if the apps and data are deleted in the process?

Yes, but as long as you know that going in, you'll be fine (stuff is backed up, right??). I mean, I would strongly recommend a hard reset to clear out everything after every large OS update anyhow, so nothing new from my POV. In fact, as mentioned earlier, I'd bet the reason this OTA hasn't been pushed is some lockout bug that's related to doing an upgrade.

Always flatten and rebuild when going a full version up in any software. That's how I've rolled since the Commodore 64 days. Never, not once, had a single issue. People who just upgrade over and over (over the years on one device/machine) almost always have major issues. I think I know why...

Yes the process is annoying, but far less annoying that dealing with broken stuff because of updated code (and possible fragments of old code hanging around).

bmetelsky

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site

adb installed on my computer with no problem, however, it is not listed properly in device manager, so not sure what to do next?

device manager.jpg

Last edited:

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

The Note 5 will not be on Lollipop in October lol

Posted via the AT&T Note 5

bmetelsky

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site

Thanks, but not the same problem. Can't get the adb environment to work. I'm sure once I can do that the rest will be a breeze. I'm sure that I can't be the only one having this problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL