Any news on MM note 5 AT&T?? (Update: Out Now!)

Roguefoxx

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Any news on MM note 5 AT&T??

Wouldn't make any sense to skip though, been using it on my Note 5 and GS6 Edge Plus for weeks now and it's been stable as can be.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Wouldn't make any sense to skip though, been using it on my Note 5 and GS6 Edge Plus for weeks now and it's been stable as can be.

Makes sense, but if they delay much longer, that may as well scrap the current build and go straight for N.

A good question is what version is this? 6.0 or 6.0.1?

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

I chatted with AT&T Rep to day, said there's no sign of an update, but, that doesn't mean one won't come. I'm beginning to think they may skip it. :-(

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

I chatted with AT&T Rep to day, said there's no sign of an update, but, that doesn't mean one won't come. I'm beginning to think they may skip it. :-(

I don't understand why they just won't tell the customers that they may skip it. It might cut down on all the calls and complaints if they just say something. Lol

Last edited:

zaydabarber

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

I was told by an AT&T rep that they don't know their own self when update will be released that come from someone who is in higher dept

AT&T Note 5 and Note 4

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

Finally got tired of waiting and sideloaded it myself. Very nice thus far. I get what everyone was saying when they talked about how smooth it is.

From my Platinum Gold Note 5

rpdc

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

Those of you that sideloaded the update, how long did it take from start to finish? Also did you back up to a computer or just your Google Account?
Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App on the Galaxy Note 5

Tayloj92

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

Those of you that sideloaded the update, how long did it take from start to finish? Also did you back up to a computer or just your Google Account?
Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App on the Galaxy Note 5

It took me a couple tries but once I got it to work it took maybe 30-45 min and I didn't back up anything but contacts and pictures I just redownloaded everything.

bmetelsky

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site

It took me a couple tries but once I got it to work it took maybe 30-45 min and I didn't back up anything but contacts and pictures I just redownloaded everything.
Same here. Took some tries to actually get the whole sideload thing, but once that was going, or only took about 30-45 minutes.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

Rooted three phones in the past but haven't done it in awhile. Is this sideloading business similar in complexity? Easier, more difficult? Never had trouble rooting so I figure I might just say to heck with AT&T and take the plunge.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Rooted three phones in the past but haven't done it in awhile. Is this sideloading business similar in complexity? Easier, more difficult? Never had trouble rooting so I figure I might just say to heck with AT&T and take the plunge.

That would depend on which rooting methods you used in the past. This method sideload, is pretty simple, if it works; but fair warning....if you try this, it will wipe your phone, whether it works or doesn't. Once you enter the "sideload" option on your device, there's no turning back. I've tried it multiple times, and it didn't work for me, and now, I'm stupid enough, to try it one more time, on my laptop...lol. Good luck!

Chris

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

Did you rename the file to .zip, or did you just go with the file, as downloaded?
If everything is done properly, it makes no difference what the filename is.

However, some people get in trouble adding a .zip extension--either because they don't understand the subtleties of how extensions can be parsed differently by the command line vs. by Windows Explorer, or else because there's a conflict with third-party zip utilities installed on their PC.

Therefore, the safest thing to do is to leave the filename as is. Or if you do rename it, make it something easy to type and don't add any extension.

Also, some 3rd-party anti-malware software may need to be suspended (built-in Windows Defender is ok). Be sure you run adb from an administrator-level command-line. I think that covers the more common problems people have encountered.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

Initially I couldn't get the comp to recognize the device when I typed adb devices. Wasted a lot of time on that when all I needed was to go to the Samsung site and download the latest driver for my Note. After that it was smooth sailing.

From my Platinum Gold Note 5

vincehny

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

If everything is done properly, it makes no difference what the filename is.

However, some people get in trouble adding a .zip extension--either because they don't understand the subtleties of how extensions can be parsed differently by the command line vs. by Windows Explorer, or else because there's a conflict with third-party zip utilities installed on their PC.

Therefore, the safest thing to do is to leave the filename as is. Or if you do rename it, make it something easy to type and don't add any extension.

Also, some 3rd-party anti-malware software may need to be suspended (built-in Windows Defender is ok). Be sure you run adb from an administrator-level command-line. I think that covers the more common problems people have encountered.

Only thing that I would add, is make sure the file for your build is added to the same folder that the adb install creates.

As it was already stated, the entire process takes roughly 45 minutes and it will wipe your phone whether you're successful or not. So be sure to backup anything you want saved prior to attempting.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670