Any news on MM note 5 AT&T?? (Update: Out Now!)

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Any news on MM note 5 AT&T??

Downloaded and installed. I will check back later if all is good. Everyone please tell me how it's working for you. Thank you

Posted via the Android Central App

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: MM ATT update out now!!

I just got my Note 5 last week after 18 months with the Nexus 6 ( texting was awful on it, they sent me Note 5 for free) , this update is great, phone is faster, like that the Samsung keyboard got an update,feels more like the Google keyboard.....

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

I tried checking for the update and now I can't check for 23 hours. Lol.

Go into your date and time settings and select manually update, and then change your time to whatever hours it says you have to check it. Forward your clock.

brothamoveson

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

Just finished installing everything is working great. The only complaint I have so far is that the crop option doesn't appear any longer when you tap on a pic. You have to use the photo editor.

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

I think, for the first time I won't have to do a factory reset. This thing is running smooth and quick. I'll reserve finale judgement for a while, but right now, I think it's good.

zzoinks

May 25, 2011
Visit site

I see. I'm using finger print lock and it goes straight to home screen.

I can't figure out the pattern, but it's happened a few times in the 30 minutes or so I've been running MM (ha!). I set a fingerprint with a password backup. Sometimes when I try to unlock with the fingerprint I get an additional prompt for password. It might be related to tapping a lock screen notification (hangout message) and then using fingerprint to unlock. I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can figure out the conditions that make the 2nd prompt show up.

Then again, like I said I've been on MM for all of 30 minutes, so maybe I'm imagining it.

-Brett.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

After almost two hours my update is at 51%, there is no way it will be done downloading before I go to lunch today. Is it OK to take the phone with me when I go?

I don't know if the download will pause and resume when I get back to the office or if it will have to start over again.

Update will pause, then resume once on wifi again

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site

I think, for the first time I won't have to do a factory reset. This thing is running smooth and quick. I'll reserve finale judgement for a while, but right now, I think it's good.

Same here! So far, so good. I didn't even wipe the cache partition!! But I will give it a few days before I pass final judgement. :)

Roguefoxx

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

I can't figure out the pattern, but it's happened a few times in the 30 minutes or so I've been running MM (ha!). I set a fingerprint with a password backup. Sometimes when I try to unlock with the fingerprint I get an additional prompt for password. It might be related to tapping a lock screen notification (hangout message) and then using fingerprint to unlock. I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can figure out the conditions that make the 2nd prompt show up.

Then again, like I said I've been on MM for all of 30 minutes, so maybe I'm imagining it.

-Brett.
If you swipe the lockscreen while you have it set for your fingerprint you'll be prompted for your password.
Every time you restart your phone and are using fingerprint security it will first ask you for your password, then will use fingerprint after that.

I tried the pin option as well to see what you were referring to, I quite like that you have to swipe the screen before seeing the pin entry screen. I'll bet it's to have more screen room for notifications.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

-Brett.

Try doing a cash partition wipe in recovery, and if that doesn't work and the problem persists, I would suggest doing a full factory reset. A lot of folks are having problems after the marshmallow update, the one you are describing is similar to other troubleshooting I have done for folks who have upgraded to marshmallow. 2 which ultimately needed to do a factory reset to recover. Hopefully the cache partition wipe will help.

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

The annoying AT&T startup jingle is gone?, I've rebooted twice and it hasn't played 😃

bcjanes

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site

It looks like wifi calling was removed from this rom..... or am I just not finding it in settings? Wifi calling is supposed to be built into MM