Any news on MM note 5 AT&T?? (Update: Out Now!)

Lou Milito

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
Re: Any news on MM note 5 AT&T??

Effective June 22, 2016, AT&T released a software update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (N920A). You can download the update via Firmware Over The Air (FOTA). A Wi-Fi connection is required.

zzoinks

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Try doing a cash partition wipe in recovery, and if that doesn't work and the problem persists, I would suggest doing a full factory reset. A lot of folks are having problems after the marshmallow update, the one you are describing is similar to other troubleshooting I have done for folks who have upgraded to marshmallow. 2 which ultimately needed to do a factory reset to recover. Hopefully the cache partition wipe will help.

I wiped the cache partition, restarted once or twice, and the problem seems to have gone away. I set the phone on the charger last night and when I unlocked via fingerprint this morning I didn't get a secondary prompt for the password. I have unlocked a few times since (again, using my fingerprint) and have not been prompted for the password. Looks like it's working normally now.

A nice touch I noticed after the upgrade - they brought back the notification when you need to sign in to a wifi network. Here at work we have to click "accept" on a sign-in page before we can use the wifi. My phone originally prompted for that but stopped after an update at some point. Now it's back! (although, as I type that I am wondering if it was supposed to be there all along and I should have done a cache wipe long ago?)

-Brett.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

A nice touch I noticed after the upgrade - they brought back the notification when you need to sign in to a wifi network. Here at work we have to click "accept" on a sign-in page before we can use the wifi. My phone originally prompted for that but stopped after an update at some point. Now it's back! (although, as I type that I am wondering if it was supposed to be there all along and I should have done a cache wipe long ago?)
There's a WiFi Network Notification setting. Maybe the cache-wipe reset it to its default.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

So restoring failed resulting in losing contacts, photos (but they were backed up in photos) and texts.

*Update, I was smart enough to use Easy Backup Pro and so getting texts, contacts from there. *

Last edited:

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

I'm in Savannah. Wiped cache last night and updated while I slept. I Did Not factory reset and did Not change package disabler pro settings in any way. Phone is operating at peak performance this morning. If I see any problem I'll do a factory restore but I see no reason to do that now.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

What's the difference between lollipop and marshmallow? I can't see anything except a few tweaks to menus and it being snappier.

Is there a change log for this update?

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

What's the difference between lollipop and marshmallow? I can't see anything except a few tweaks to menus and it being snappier.

Is there a change log for this update?

App permissions,
Animations in the notification bar,
Doze

And more ...

Earl_E_Adopter

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site

I noticed ATT have added video calling to the phone UI now. Finally.

Posted from my Note 5 via the Android Central App

jeremyds45

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site

I just did an update check but didn't get any. :(

You can roll the date forward 24 hours to check again, however this likely won't work so what you can do is contact AT&T via chat or other means and ask them to push the update to your phone. They did for me last night after I did a factory reset before updating

jeremyds45

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: MM ATT update out now!!

I have a feeling that CA 3 is now activated with this update, got close to 80 megabits down where I usually only get around 60 at the most

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: MM ATT update out now!!

The annoying AT&T startup jingle is gone?, I've rebooted twice and it hasn't played ������

Posted via the Android Central App

I heard it, but to be fair they turned the volume way down. If you pay attention to the boot animation, it starts when the Samsung logo is nearly finished filling in. By the time you see the AT&T logo, the sound file is already done.

michail71

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site

You can roll the date forward 24 hours to check again, however this likely won't work so what you can do is contact AT&T via chat or other means and ask them to push the update to your phone. They did for me last night after I did a factory reset before updating

I'm actually on a Note 4. The announcement on this thread said Note 4 and Note 5 but I think the inclusion of the 4 was in error.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

One pleasant thing I've notice about the update.....deep sleep has never been higher....for me at least. Gsam is reporting 79% after about 4 hours off charger. Haven't used the phone all that much but it looks like Doze is going a good job keep apps from waking the phone up.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

One pleasant thing I've notice about the update.....deep sleep has never been higher....for me at least. Gsam is reporting 79% after about 4 hours off charger. Haven't used the phone all that much but it looks like Doze is going a good job keep apps from waking the phone up.

Where do you find this doze?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781