Any news on MM note 5 AT&T?? (Update: Out Now!)

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I also agree and have stated a few times on this thread that the MM update is not a big deal. They just have few minor changes from Lollipop.

Posted via the AT&T Note 5

Not sure about the minor change thing but I totally agree. No reason everybody flipped out.... Lol

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
If you go into developer options, locate the area circle in my pic. And turn all of the transitions off. Another Super increase in speed.

Attachments

• 1466892275602.jpg
    1466892275602.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 68

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I can say that it made my already snappy office more snappier.

Yes it improved the speed of my phone and I didn't even factory reset it yet. But my Note 5 was fast before the update. As far as battery life goes I will have to give it a few days to see if it improved at all but again my Note 5 already had great battery life. But it improved the battery life for my GF'S S6.

All I was trying to say was the majority of smartphone users don't care about software updates at all. As long as I know it's on it way then I will patiently wait for it. I'm sorry but all this fuss about the MM update was really not needed at all. Granted AT&T was the last to release it but it was eventually going to get released.

I hope the majority of everyone isn't experiencing issues as I haven't come across any. But I still will be factory resetting it tomorrow as I do with every software update.

jeremyds45

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
For myself, the update was a pretty good update that I am glad to have after all this time waiting. Battery life is better, no more keyboard lag, dpi change is nicer, colors make the phone better looking, app permissions are a good tool, data speeds are faster. Pretty important update to myself

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm loving the Marshmallow update. I Like the new UI changes. The device definitely has a bit more zip everywhere. It was great before the update, but it's definitely improved greatly. Hard to describe why, but it just is. Haven't had to do a factory reset. Battery life for me is on par to what i had pre- Marshmallow so it didn't get worse and apparently can only get better.

Posted via the Android Central App

Roguefoxx

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Yes it improved the speed of my phone and I didn't even factory reset it yet. But my Note 5 was fast before the update. As far as battery life goes I will have to give it a few days to see if it improved at all but again my Note 5 already had great battery life. But it improved the battery life for my GF'S S6.

All I was trying to say was the majority of smartphone users don't care about software updates at all. As long as I know it's on it way then I will patiently wait for it. I'm sorry but all this fuss about the MM update was really not needed at all. Granted AT&T was the last to release it but it was eventually going to get released.

I hope the majority of everyone isn't experiencing issues as I haven't come across any. But I still will be factory resetting it tomorrow as I do with every software update.

No matter what, when people are investing their money into the latest technology, they are going to want it up to date with the latest software available. That will never change, and people will always complain when they don't have it, which is actually a good thing because it helps keep devolopers from becoming complacent.

It was a great phone and software before the update, and the software is even better after.

I think the odd thing is that AT&T held the update in limbo without applying any more updates to it for quite some time before actually releasing it. I understand and appreciate checking for stability, but they took that to a whole new level. :)

Been running great on my phone with no issues for I believe over a month now!

RyanRC

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello all

I received a Note 5 about 2 weeks ago from my company (thru their AT&T business account) and while this isn't my first Android device, I would not call myself an expert, at least to the likes of I'm sure many of you are.

At any rate, the device had LP on it but I have been monitoring these forums and seeing MM seemed to be out, I did a OTA update check this morning an it now seems to be downloading a large update (1409.30mb) so I am guessing this is MM?

So if this is I guess I am getting it so I did have a few questions.

1: I see many on this thread talking about doing a factory reset after which for at to how to do this I think I can figure out, but my question on this point is one, just am wondering what this should do for me advantage wise (?), and two, is there anything I should do before I perform this?

For the first question of that, all in all my battery life has been pretty good and I do get a ton of e-mails and txts at work all day. For the most part at least for my use and with Wifi on and also GPS on all day, I end my work day with at least 50% if not more of battery life, which is fine by me.

So is the battery life a major reason most do the reset?

So for the second part to that question, I have set up a lot of good amount of stuff so to speak such as contacts and other work related things...so just guess here, but I assume the factory reset will bring the device back to just as I got it, which means all that will be lost.

So is there a way to best save all that? Will the backup that comes with the device be the best way, or are there other better ways?

Also for one Key question on that, will a factory reset loose any of the AT&T account stuff I got with the device, or is that all save/from the sim card. Note on this, the with the device did come sealed, but somehow, the some card was inside it, so is hard to tell what might have been done to it before.

So for a 2nd question, for me I really like this device all except for one thing which is where there is a need to swipe to open every time it does a screen sleep.

So has that feature been removed or put under some way to be controlled with MM or is it still the same.

Thanks for any help

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Curved edges, bigger battery, iris scanner, not sure about better camera. Silver option, waterproofing, sd card is back to name a few.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
My wife is having this weird issue, after the update, that when she tries to use Facebook or Google now, gets offline and can't use the apps. Anyone else getting this? Any way to fix this other than a fdr?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello all

I received a Note 5 about 2 weeks ago from my company (thru their AT&T business account) and while this isn't my first Android device, I would not call myself an expert, at least to the likes of I'm sure many of you are.

At any rate, the device had LP on it but I have been monitoring these forums and seeing MM seemed to be out, I did a OTA update check this morning an it now seems to be downloading a large update (1409.30mb) so I am guessing this is MM?

So if this is I guess I am getting it so I did have a few questions.

1: I see many on this thread talking about doing a factory reset after which for at to how to do this I think I can figure out, but my question on this point is one, just am wondering what this should do for me advantage wise (?), and two, is there anything I should do before I perform this?

For the first question of that, all in all my battery life has been pretty good and I do get a ton of e-mails and txts at work all day. For the most part at least for my use and with Wifi on and also GPS on all day, I end my work day with at least 50% if not more of battery life, which is fine by me.

So is the battery life a major reason most do the reset?

So for the second part to that question, I have set up a lot of good amount of stuff so to speak such as contacts and other work related things...so just guess here, but I assume the factory reset will bring the device back to just as I got it, which means all that will be lost.

So is there a way to best save all that? Will the backup that comes with the device be the best way, or are there other better ways?

Also for one Key question on that, will a factory reset loose any of the AT&T account stuff I got with the device, or is that all save/from the sim card. Note on this, the with the device did come sealed, but somehow, the some card was inside it, so is hard to tell what might have been done to it before.

So for a 2nd question, for me I really like this device all except for one thing which is where there is a need to swipe to open every time it does a screen sleep.

So has that feature been removed or put under some way to be controlled with MM or is it still the same.

Thanks for any help

Welcome to the forums. That is the MM update. When the update file is that big, it's an OS update.

As for resets, the general rule of thumb is to do one after a major update. You can skip it if you'd like. Any issues the device may have might be associated with OS framework conflicts.

As for backing up the phone, you can pull your media files off with the data cable and a PC.

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I know this isn't the topic I started but I just have a question about good lock. I'm not able to use my finger print is there something I'm missing?

Posted via the Android Central App

I'm using good lock with my fingerprint and a pattern perfectly fine. You should try again

Sent from my ATT Note 5 paired with a 42mm Asus Zenwatch 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech