Any news on MM note 5 AT&T?? (Update: Out Now!)

double923

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I agree as I absolutely had no lag on my Note 5 when it was on 5.1.1

Posted via the AT&T Note 5

I did the ATT OTA updated to MM on my Note 5. My Note 5 is now much snappier and I enjoy the Note 5 much more than the LP 5.1.1. I have not yet seen any issue other than seeing the battery drained a bit quicker. Folks from XDA forum suggested using Pakage Disabler app. I am now using it and I must say the battery is much better. As the matter of fact, the battery is now even better than 5.1.1 without PD of course.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Doze doesn't seem to kick in, even though all conditions are met. Loaded GSAM to get a more clear result.

My Gsam is not reporting Doze activity. Wonder if the app itself needs further tweaking. In any case, I've notice a very distinct improvement in battery life. Gsam reporting 4.4% drain per hour yesterday with 2.5 hours of screen on time. And I didn't reset my phone after update. For me that's quite good. BTW, I also noticed that Bluetooth is a big juice sucker. I've turned it off and sacrificed using my car to take phone calls.

yvonne2009

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Can someone here tell me why a lot of people still can't see the update on their phones?. My friend has exactly the same note 5 I have, both on AT&T but his phone can't get the update. Why AT&T decided to remove the update from their servers?

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Can someone here tell me why a lot of people still can't see the update on their phones?. My friend has exactly the same note 5 I have, both on AT&T but his phone can't get the update. Why AT&T decided to remove the update from their servers?

They roll updates in stages. I think the whole process can take a few weeks.

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Now that my AT&T note 5 has been on MM for a while now. I have to say my phone works great, no lag and no freezing up problems. But.. The battery life is still bad. I'm always close to charger so it's ok for now. Hope the note 7 will be better with battery life.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Now that my AT&T note 5 has been on MM for a while now. I have to say my phone works great, no lag and no freezing up problems. But.. The battery life is still bad. I'm always close to charger so it's ok for now. Hope the note 7 will be better with battery life.

By bad battery life, what do you mean?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

My battery is still so so after the update, but like you most of the time I'm near a place to charge it so it's not really a huge deal. It won't become an issue until I go on vacation. Other than that the phone has been great on Mm.

srinathp1988

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I updated to MM using the file that was available in xda developer (sideload) and I am in still in May security patch. Is there a way to get the latest security updates or to get the official MM version?

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I updated to MM using the file that was available in xda developer (sideload) and I am in still in May security patch. Is there a way to get the latest security updates or to get the official MM version?

It could be sent out in stages.

dakini03

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

it sounds like you sideloaded the first Marshmallow release posted on XDA. If your build number ends in PE5, you won't be able to receive any further OTAs because the official release was PE6, and there's no upgrade path from PE5 going forward. If that's the case you can ODIN flash back to PB2 Lollipop, and then your phone will prompt you to upgrade to the current official Marshmallow build with the July security update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante